Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My First Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

QuickSilver
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:07 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about beatin a larger cc, im just pointing out the fact that not all scooter riders are chavs, and that it is very rare to actually come across somebody on a rs50 that is... shall we saw truthfull, they are soo full of shit thinking that their bike is the fastest thing since mcdonalds or other fast food outlets. Another thing, i was using my scooter as an example that the rs50's are not that fast. By the sounds of it you can ride your bike and know alot about it so a race would be quite close, you are right about some people though, they cannot ride their bikes for shit and will prob get themselves killed or even kill others around them.

On a positive note, most of the bikers i come accross are decent people it just gets annoying that alot of people on here associate scooter riders as chav's. I for one, am not.

QuickSilver
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:21 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway, soz about the little moan earlier lol. Back to the original topic, Your bike has scrubbed up real nice shame about the speed and sound tho Laughing
I reckon we should form a new identitie to differentiate us decent bikers from.. people who aren't, they give us a bad name Sad

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, im glad to see im not the only one with a older looking sports 125. (EDIT: Got confused, sorry. What am i talking about?)

I was a scooter rider and now im a bike rider, i dont associate scooters with chavs (well not usually), as most pple with scooters round here dont ride through pavements, parkways etc at 40mph.

Last edited by simon1221 on 22:21 - 26 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo a modified RS72.5cc vs a Speedfight 70cc, i would love to see that.

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:46 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the look of doms RS50 but if i had to choose between that and a scooter, i would choose the scooter, purely because if i hear a high whine coming down the road, i look round and expect to see a scooter, which is normal. But if i saw the RS50 i would laugh.

sry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 00:11 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time you have turned around i will be gone Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

shellshock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:47 - 17 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the guy a break.

In my opinion its a sweet looking bike, and I guarantee he'll be riding something with alot more power when he comes of age ! At the moment I reckon hes got the nicest bike available to someone his age, and hes gaining some modding experience into the bargain Very Happy

Kye
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:14 - 17 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
Kye wrote:
People will still laugh when they here that rev up and go, they sound bloody awful, and have shite acceleration.

Id much rarther have my scooter anyday.

So you are saying your ped sounds better than my bike, ok m8, its your personal opinion but i do reccomend you get your ears tested.

Ill make a sound clip around december time.

And about the shite acceleration, what do you expect, its a 50cc moped. But it will beat all scooters, and just after christmas it will Obliterate all scooters.

Demonic69 - I though it was a bargain too, some 40yo man who wanted to get into biking bought it from new, then he rode it for 2 years and got a bigger bike but never got round to selling this one, thats why the milage is that low. Its got all the service documents and MOT documents with it too. It was well worth the 2hour drive IMO. Thumbs Up

If your RS50 can beat all scooters, then you can have my ZXR400.

Infact if it beats my Piaggio Zip I'd give you my ZXR and my dads GSXR. Don't get cocky towards scooters, they ain't all slow and one will embarass you one day.
Dom_ This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kye
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 05:17 - 19 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only dislike me because I've spoken the truth, you have what I like to call RS50 syndrome... You own a geared moped so think you are a touch above every automatic, well you're not.

You go on about how you can beat everyone, then when people put you in your spot, you suddenly can't give two shits? Weird I thought yours could obliterate any scooters?

Don't get cocky ped boy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:11 - 19 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is really good, ped boi's throwing their toys out their prams whilst argueing about who is fastest.

Please carry on, this thread can only get better as it continues. Mr. Green

And to help keep it going, Dom, your ped is slow, of course there are lots of other 50cc's which could easily beat it. No one is impressed.

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:17 - 19 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my dads bigger than yours, and he harder......and it my football and im goin home, and your not my friend anymore

man im so bored.
sickpup This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:22 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you lot are a joke.

I know my rs isn't the fastest 50cc, or the fastest 70cc. TBH i don't really care if it's the /fastest/ because it does the job i want it too. It has also pissed over every 50cc ped i have raced, which i am happy with.

Kye - Yes i do own a geared moped, and i do dislike automatics, but i never said i was 'above' them. I don't 'go on about' how i can beat EVERYONE - where the hell did you get this idea from??
So what if i said i could obliterate all scooters?? There is faster scooters than my bike, but i've not come across any yet. So i stand by my statement, obviousl;y meaning street use 50/70cc ones.

Quote:
And to help keep it going, Dom, your ped is slow, of course there are lots of other 50cc's which could easily beat it. No one is impressed.

Compare my ped to anything above 125cc and yes is it piss poor slow. Compare my ped to a 50cc scooter and it is fast.
Yes there are other 50cc bikes/peds that could beat it, i dont deny it, so what is your point??
I aim to impress no-one, and if you do not like my bike or what i have done to it, then fuck off out of this thread.
Oh and ste, at least i have a bike.

Quote:
well my dads bigger than yours, and he harder......and it my football and im goin home, and your not my friend anymore

man im so bored.

Good for you.

Quote:
You may be only 16 so can't legally ride a bigger bike but doesn't that also mean you can't fit that bore kit as well? For the price of that bike and kit you could have a late 80's GSXR750 that would piss on your little 50, oh sorry 72.5. If your gonna break the law do it properley or you scared of the parents finding out you little rebel you.

a gsxr750 will piss on my rs50?? Really?? Honestly???
I'm not aiming to brake the law, i want my rs50 to go a little faster.
If your going to cry about my rs being illegal, you may as well moan at every other 16 year old with a de-restricted bike, same goes for 17 year olds too who are still on a cbt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:53 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
don't really care if it's the /fastest/

The content of this thread makes it very clear you do care if someone suggests that their ped might be faster than yours.
Dom wrote:
Oh and ste, at least i have a bike.

Thats nice for you, I thought you had a ped anyway? And I've only not got a bike because the dvla medical ppl have my license, should be getting it back at start of April anyway.

And people wonder why ped boi's are disliked. Laughing

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 21:57 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

The content of this thread makes it very clear you do care if someone suggests that their ped might be faster than yours.

You have mis-understood the content then.

Ste wrote:

Thats nice for you, I thought you had a ped anyway? And I've only not got a bike because the dvla medical ppl have my license, should be getting it back at start of April anyway.

Yes its a ped and your point is???
Some people may view it as a bike, and i've still got one. You have not.

Ste wrote:
And people wonder why ped boi's are disliked. Laughing

Laughing What just because you and sickpup do not like me?? pffft

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:34 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well binge suggested that his ped is quicker than your rs50 and you weren't very impressed with the idea of that.
Dom_ wrote:
Yes its a ped and your point is???

My point is you said "at least i have a bike." when you don't. Laughing If you're going to present a point as an arguement that at least make it a true point.
Dom_ wrote:
Some people may view it as a bike, and i've still got one. You have not.

Actually thats incorrect. I've got a ZX6R in my garage which is more of a bike than your ped is. The fact I'm breaking it for parts doesn't make much difference as it's still a bike rather than a ped.

Please do continue your (slightly crap) arguement and try not to throw many more of your toys out of your pram. Thumbs Up

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:53 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good looking RS50 Dom Thumbs Up and a very good price too.

Basically some prefer a scooter at 16 and some prefer a geared bike, there is no "geared bikes are faster" rule. But a higher speed isnt generally the reason why people get them. Scooters are quick, and are very easy to get up to speed. But the fact is they use very similar engines so the power is oviously going to be very similar. Who really cares if it is faster than a scooter? The difference would be minimal and practically it will get you where you want to be a few seconds faster.

Dom, you have a 70 kit in your bike? It isnt really something I would do, I think it is a waste of money (its your money however) and there isnt going to be that much benefit from it, its also very risky. Speed isnt important to me at the minute, I am just learning and want something that will get me around which I will enjoy riding, teach me something and most importantly be reliable (which it most certainly is not at the moment Razz )

Some will disagree but I think scooters are boring to ride, I would much rather be having to actually do something while I am riding, but then again some think its pointless. I have the intention of getting a bigger bike at a later point so why not learn to ride now?

The people who SHOULD be labelled as "chavs" are the ones that jeopardize others safety on the roads by riding stupidly, give others a bad name and waste there time "racing" their hairdryers..

Im not having a go at you Dom, I also own a geared moped
and probably agree with some of your opinions on scooters, but as long as you enjoy your bike and make good use of it then who cares what other peoples opinions are?

Last edited by TomC on 18:04 - 21 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:03 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayluvmito, That Aprilia looks great, much prefer them to race reps. Did you buy it brand new?

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 19:13 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
My point is you said "at least i have a bike." when you don't. Laughing If you're going to present a point as an arguement that at least make it a true point.

You're pathetic, arguing over the official name of my rs50, and then you tell me my argument is pathetic

Ste wrote:
Actually thats incorrect. I've got a ZX6R in my garage which is more of a bike than your ped is. The fact I'm breaking it for parts doesn't make much difference as it's still a bike rather than a ped.

Bloody hell, really?? I'm sooo impressed

Ste wrote:
Please do continue your (slightly crap) arguement and try not to throw many more of your toys out of your pram. Thumbs Up

I do not have an argument, mate Rolling Eyes. You are the one who came on here posting pervokative posts. lmao at your stupid pram comments, you really are funny.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:26 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dom_"]You're pathetic, arguing over the official name of my rs50, and then you tell me my argument is pathetic

Bloody hell, really?? I'm sooo impressed/quote]
you said that you've got a bike and that I don't, but you don't and I do. I really don't care but I was pointing out for you as you cared enough to point it out in the first place.

Dom_ wrote:
I do not have an argument, mate Rolling Eyes. You are the one who came on here posting pervokative posts. lmao at your stupid pram comments, you really are funny.

No, this whole thread has grown from people commenting about your ped and disagreeing with your claims. Which you've then argued about. Have a look at this post and this post to refresh your memory if its slipped your mind.

Last edited by Ste on 19:37 - 21 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 19:31 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomC wrote:
Basically some prefer a scooter at 16 and some prefer a geared bike, there is no "geared bikes are faster" rule. But a higher speed isnt generally the reason why people get them. Scooters are quick, and are very easy to get up to speed. But the fact is they use very similar engines so the power is oviously going to be very similar. Who really cares if it is faster than a scooter? The difference would be minimal and practically it will get you where you want to be a few seconds faster.

Totally agree with you mate, apart from the similar engines, but that’s another discussion I cannot be bothered with, lol. I care if it is faster than a scooter, it’s not the fact I want to get where I’m going quicker, it’s the fact I love speed and really getting involved when riding which is something I just cannot do on a scooter.

TomC wrote:
Dom, you have a 70 kit in your bike? It isnt really something I would do, I think it is a waste of money (its your money however) and there isnt going to be that much benefit from it, its also very risky. Speed isnt important to me at the minute, I am just learning and want something that will get me around which I will enjoy riding, teach me something and most importantly be reliable (which it most certainly is not at the moment Razz )

Yup agree with you again, many see it as a waste of money, many do not, lol. It’s usually the people without them that see it as a waste and the people that with them don’t. The power gain might not be that much on the whole, but it’s 50% more than standard, which is a hell of a lot. This bike is only really for learning on and which gets me around, but I love riding along country roads too, which is where I need more power as I could basically go flat out when it was standard and not have to use the brakes as most corners are takeable it 60ish. (my bike also needs to be reliable Razz) Also, I’m laughing at the fact you referred to my rs50 as a bike, as Ste says most people recognise it as a moped.

TomC wrote:
Some will disagree but I think scooters are boring to ride, I would much rather be having to actually do something while I am riding, but then again some think its pointless. I have the intention of getting a bigger bike at a later point so why not learn to ride now?

Very true Thumbs Up

TomC wrote:
The people who SHOULD be labelled as "chavs" are the ones that jeopardize others safety on the roads by riding stupidly, give others a bad name and waste there time "racing" their hairdryers..

I agree, but the only safety I jeopardize is my own. I don’t particularly go around looking for ‘races’ but if a scooter should pull up next to me revving the bollocks off it, I will ‘give it some’

TomC wrote:
Im not having a go at you Dom, I also own a geared moped
and probably agree with some of your opinions on scooters, but as long as you enjoy your bike and make good use of it then who cares what other peoples opinions are?

What moped do you own?
I don’t care about other peoples opinions as long as they aren’t rude about expressing them.

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:31 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not causing arguments but as it is 70cc that would surely make it no longer a moped? so the only other thing it can then be is a bike?

People come on here saying "blah blah its only a moped" However say 50ccs did not exist and you had to wait til 17 and ride a 125cc. Then 125s would surely get all the shit geared 50s get as it is what new drivers have to learn on. It is all hype simply because they are the lowest thing you can ride, they are a bike, something that is capable of going 60mph is far from a toy.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 19:52 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
No, this whole thread has grown from people commenting about your ped and disagreeing with your claims. Which you've then argued about. Have a look at this post and this post to refresh your memory if its slipped your mind.

Confused Taken from the first line in the first link:
Quote:
I know my rs isn't the fastest 50cc, or the fastest 70cc.

It was rated abusive because because i offended poor old Kye, and zxr400er must have thought i was on about zxr's in general when i said 'your shit zxr'

So where has your argument gone old boy?

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:58 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What moped do you own?

Currenty got a very unreliable and well, completely useless Derbi senda, which soon will either have money spent on it and become a good runner, or will be sold on and replaced with something less distroyed. All depends on how much I am going to have to rely on til I am 17 in september.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6