Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

And our survey said..?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: And our survey said..? Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276283797374?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cP4AAOSwl9Blo7fX/s-l800.jpg

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:59 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like that. A decent paintjob and an upswept expansion chamber and it's good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I quite like that. A decent paintjob and an upswept expansion chamber and it's good.

...add a chain and rear brake caliper for good measure.
And maybe a kickstand, unless you can negotiate that jackstand into the deal. Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls Bike.
The seat pad only has a Clitorius Hole. A cock hole is twice the diameter.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Girls Bike.
The seat pad only has a Clitorius Hole. A cock hole is twice the diameter.

WTF is that hole for? Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs a set of original rs50 fairings cabletied on badly to try and sleeper it then go terrorise scroats on actual rs50s Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:22 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
Needs a set of original rs50 fairings cabletied on badly to try and sleeper it then go terrorise scroats on actual rs50s Laughing

Only issue would be the whole 'air cooled' thing.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:02 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks wrong from every angle; this is the quintessential unfinished project that'll change hands about 8 times for progressively smaller amounts of money and will never see the road again.

Apart from anything else, if you were going to go to all the trouble of fabricating mounts etc. for a completely different engine why would you choose a crappy old 70s Suzuki stroker? When I was a yoof the GT250 and it's ilk were cheap hacks one big repair bill from the scrappers... not anything to be aspired to.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:06 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowasyoulike wrote:
Looks wrong from every angle; this is the quintessential unfinished project that'll change hands about 8 times for progressively smaller amounts of money and will never see the road again.

Apart from anything else, if you were going to go to all the trouble of fabricating mounts etc. for a completely different engine why would you choose a crappy old 70s Suzuki stroker? When I was a yoof the GT250 and it's ilk were cheap hacks one big repair bill from the scrappers... not anything to be aspired to.

Have you seen the price of any 2 stroke over 125cc in the last few years? It's a way of getting a reasonable handling 250cc two stroke without having to spend £10,000 on an RGV.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:20 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Have you seen the price of any 2 stroke over 125cc in the last few years? It's a way of getting a reasonable handling 250cc two stroke without having to spend £10,000 on an RGV.

I haven't, no... the only things I've ever owned with two-stroke motors have been bought because a) I was desperate or b) I liked them in spite of the mode of propulsion. I appreciate your logic, but I still don't think this will end up in the hands of someone with sufficient talent and money to get it on the road.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:35 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowasyoulike wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I haven't, no... the only things I've ever owned with two-stroke motors have been bought because a) I was desperate or b) I liked them in spite of the mode of propulsion. I appreciate your logic, but I still don't think this will end up in the hands of someone with sufficient talent and money to get it on the road.

That is a different assertion than it's not worth fixing. I'd happily do it if I had the space and money (and I didn't already have a KR1S that needs work).

Honestly, if you don't appreciate the charms of a 2t I reckon you have no soul.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:30 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
That is a different assertion than it's not worth fixing. I'd happily do it if I had the space and money (and I didn't already have a KR1S that needs work).

Honestly, if you don't appreciate the charms of a 2t I reckon you have no soul.

Oh, I still don't think it's worth fixing. As for my apparent lack of 'soul'... well, I'm fairly sure I can live with that.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:49 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that big dent in the right hand frame rail just back from the headstock be an issue?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, jolly good we like a bit of debate..

I think it needs a fairing , then I'd like to know if the chain aligns Ok and
also if you can actuually fit air filters, then there's teh question of the motor which may need a full strip down and rebuild to deliver anything like the full 32 claimed geegees.

Overall I'm positive but theres many otehr things I'd spend 2k on first.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Does the front wheel catch on the downpipe?

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
virus wrote:

Only issue would be the whole 'air cooled' thing.

You really think some fibreglass on the side mounted an inch or more away from the engine is going to make much effect on cooling? Generally the cool air comes in from the front. Laughing Its certainly the last thing on the priority list of shit that needs sorting before it ever sees the road again thats for sure.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1