BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance 2024.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 10 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the bearer of good news, Admiral did come back with an even higher quote than last year for my cars/house multi cover by a good £200. So I left and took them out separately which I've found in the past is more expensive, but this time saved me over £400 so happy bunny!

To top it off, Bikesure who I was with last year for my TDM900 sent me a renewal that was reduced from last years cost - cue me shocked and fainting! I still shopped around but couldn't beat it. Now £135 Thumbs Up
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:32 - 13 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The renewal on one of my bikes has gone up about 10% this year, and it's the first year in I can't remember how long that I haven't been able to find a cheaper quote. So I made one up... call centre yoof asked how much (but not who from), went to 'speak to supervisor' and I'm renewed for about 10% less than last year.

Sharp practice? I would argue no more so than those gouging bastards sending out artificially inflated renewal quotes.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 13 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I see is that insurance pricing, policy wording, assurances, marketing and financing is mostly unregulated.
The MIB 'maybe should' be championing a campaign to reel in the 'criminal organisations' who are running a racket within the industry.

It maybe needs government intervention 'again' to shake out the 5hite.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 14 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

car went up £50, shopped around got it £50 cheaper

changed bikes last year, renewal reduced £50 by shopping around for my weekender

daily fazer £79 fully comp

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 14 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike renewal quote was tardier than usual. Were they deliberately giving me less time to shop around? I think so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2