Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Karma Mutilated by f+fw

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
 Topic moved: from to Forum Feedback & Help by Korn (17 Oct 2004 - 11:29)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:12 - 15 Oct 2004    Post subject: Karma Mutilated by f+fw Reply with quote

its a bit odd, since f+fw went all, if you post here your karma dies, i have lost almost two whole green blobs... without saying anything offensive.

Anyone else had this annoyance?
I wouldnt mind but for the whole previewing posts malarkey (Rolling Eyes will i fuck)
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 15 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a new rule korns put into place to stop people posting that much in F&FW, basically if you post there you loose karma, simple as, so if you care about karma don't post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 01:54 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

But its a great vent for frustration, plus the other place to rant now is "off topic" as technically it is off topic and keep karma.

everyones happy Very Happy

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 03:42 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Re: Karma Mutilated by f+fw Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
its a bit odd, since f+fw went all, if you post here your karma dies, i have lost almost two whole green blobs... without saying anything offensive.

Anyone else had this annoyance?
I wouldnt mind but for the whole previewing posts malarkey (Rolling Eyes will i fuck)

I thought you said you were leaving anyway?

Yes I hate the entire karma in F+FW issue, I believe there is quite a big post about it in feedback Smile.

IMO Karma has lost all credibility.

"Have you read the rules and guidelines for posting yet" I have just seen that for the first time now. What the FECK is this all about?
Is this politically correct central or something?!

WHAT IS GOING ON?! have we been bought out by some major corporation that demands we keep our opinions to ourselves or something? The Internet is supposed to be the ultimate in free speech, and I would have thought that amongst their peers, the mods/Korn wanted a free and frank exchange of views? If not, I'm not even going to express my speculations on here, but the past few months since the Karma Bot was given the whips and chains have certainly been a bad few months for site Sad.

And I used to love this place too, until some computer program outstaged the flesh-and-blood members of the site Sad.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:57 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you should be able to share your oppinions. But the constant bickering in F&FW would kill the community hence the forums.

Thanks my Penny Coin Penny Coin anyway.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:04 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just post in F&FW anyway, who cares about Karma??

I had 3 fully gold blobs last week but I wanted to reply to speedfiight bloke and have a silly little "debate" with Kris and lost lots, I don't feel the need to post a thread moaning about F&FW losing karma tho when it states it right in the thread..

If you don't like the karma loss then don't post in that forum...

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma? Don't care.

I haven't lost any yet (except for when I first joined when I got lumped in with some of my mates who came in the same day - I hope you know me better now!) I don't think, but I tend to post what I want, where I want. If I lose a blob or two, I doubt I'll lose any sleep over it.

Be yourself. Karma is not the end of the world, not is it the most important thing in the world. It's not even the most important thing on the forum - we the members are.

Bonny I often think that you're a dickhead, but I also think that you're an intelligent, articulate one who's posts are always interesting, and that's going to count for something eventually. Hang on in there!

(BTW, I'll be your friend....for money...... Laughing )

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 02:48 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie is not a "dick head" people just choose to misunderstand him and the meaning of his posts!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 09:45 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dodsi, but they dont refer to my posting nature, they refer to my general boasting of (traffic) fellonious activity in the past.

Also for people who say 'dont give two fucks about karma', i really really dont (i hardly try and whore karma in now do i, now do i moderate my views as such) its just the prospect of having to preview every post rather annoys me. Been there. Snot good.

Also karma seems to have gotten harder to gain (and keep) of recent. That may be just me, but i swear i have seen others yoyo'ing about a bit.

NB i am staying for the moment, i get unbanned in t-minus 11 days Very Happy so i have till then to fix the goose.
Plus id like to think i can help others on occasion.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 167 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1