BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Some ideas?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 13:49 - 15 Nov 2004    Post subject: Some ideas? Reply with quote

For your profile, what about a signature preview viewer like visordown has? Pain in the arse trying to work out if it'll display correctly without a preview Mad (lazy..)

Also does the forum really need the post confirmation page? can't it just press submit and post direct and refresh the page (again, like visordown does)

Also thought a bar at the bottom of every thread with

< previous thread > RETURN TO CATEGORY < next thread>

sort of thing, I'll post a picture of what I mean later, another forum I use has this and it's kinda handy..

Just ideas .. what people think?

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 15 Nov 2004    Post subject: Re: Some ideas? Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
For your profile, what about a signature preview viewer like visordown has? Pain in the arse trying to work out if it'll display correctly without a preview Mad (lazy..)

Isn't that what the 'Testing, Testing' section is for?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:35 - 15 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same thing.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:57 - 24 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first signed up I used to have to preview my post before posting, but now ive got a submit button and its done. refresh and back to either the forum or the thread...

Oh, and would it be possible to make it so the avanters have to be 100x90, But it dosent matter how big the file is... because Ive got photos which are just a bit too big to make into an avanter and its damn anoying...

Ben...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons for file size is so that people on 56k don't have to wait for 50 avatars to download when they just want to read posts.
A 10k image will probably take at least 2 seconds to load on 56k; have 50 of them and it's going to be nasty as it is.

You should be able to compress most images of those dimensions to that size with jpeg compression and still end up with a decent image.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:51 - 26 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think much bigger avatars should be allowed, like 200x 300... or something... as there is an option quite clear in your profiles to "display avatars" and this be the 21st century, there aren't /that/ many dial up users around anymore I doubt.

Just my Penny CoinPenny Coin not really all that bothered either way but bigger avatars would be cool, can't see shit in 80x100 Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:07 - 26 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe an option to have a hi-res one as well.

But the way I see it, the avatar is a quick reminder of who the poster is.... not a pixel perfect view of their pet hamster's arse or whatever Razz.

I like the way this forum has the actualy content that people write as more significant than signatures, avatars and massive smileys.
In the end they're there to enhance the 'experience' not replace it Smile.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 17:13 - 26 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
Personally I think much bigger avatars should be allowed, like 200x 300... or something... as there is an option quite clear in your profiles to "display avatars" and this be the 21st century, there aren't /that/ many dial up users around anymore I doubt.

It's still something like 70% dialup, 30% permanent connection. Going down though.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:07 - 28 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:

I dont want my display messed up by somones huge avatar. I want to be able to see avatars as quick recognition.

A little bigger would be fine yeah I mean the recent poll showed there arent that many people left on 56k browsing. Aslong as they still stay within the confines of a standard box.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1