Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

weird white stains on my right glove??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:09 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: weird white stains on my right glove?? Reply with quote

NO SMART ASS POSTS ON THIS ONE EITHER! Middle Finger Middle Finger Wink

I have no idea what this white stuff is on my glove has anybody got any ideas? I am thinking salt from perspiration but if it is, why isn't it on my left glove too? Confused

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 09:06 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea?!? Wink

Where are we looking? Is it that microscopic thing on the little finger?

<|Binge|>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:33 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is that white stuff on the tips of some of the fingers and the large patch of white stuff on the palm of the glove Question

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 09:44 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your glove off BEFORE you w*nk next time?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:46 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your mother what the white stains you've noticed on you right glove are. Razz

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:55 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah thanks guys!!!! Evil or Very Mad I knew yous would all make a mockery of me Crying or Very sad

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 10:08 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your mother to do it for you instead next time? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it wipe off? because it looks like the leathers worn from what i can see, either that or faded because of all the sun you get!!

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:12 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
either that or faded because of all the sun you get!!

If you had of been in this country I'd of said road salt, but since you aint it could well be sweat and the salt from that coming through the seams in the gloves? Sick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 13:53 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say road salt aswell.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your garrage painted white?

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:00 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gloves go like that after they dry out from being wet, l think its just the leather drying out and going funny from mosture.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:39 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road salt is brown.

Its the salt from your sweat. Sick

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:08 - 31 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH Sick THANKS Neutral so should I just wash them in a mild soapy water and leave them overnight in a dry room to air out? BUT what about the left glove? it is as clean as it was when I bought them! maybe my left hand sweats less than my right one Exclamation .whoah man.. I'm a freak Shocked

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 31 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the black dye wearing away.

hustler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:40 - 31 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure its not off any polish? I get that on the insides of my boots from the heel plates if they are not spotless cleaned.

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:39 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is polish but my girlfriend seems to think it is just the colour coming out of the leather from opperating the throttle heaps and during hot days it would be worse. it is like a powder form though and when I get off my bike I put my right hand on the seat as I swing my right leg over the back of the bike, when I take my hand off the seat I see a big white patch where my hand was, it's no big deal though as the white mark just washes off with sopy water weird huh? maybe I should send a e-mail to ALPINESTARS and see what there explanation is Very Happy

syris
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:10 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that on my alpinestars boots, think its possibly the polish too. Cleans off easy enough though.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 02:39 - 02 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the wax they use to seal the gloves. Should just come off with warm water, but best to replace it with beeswax or similar.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1