BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got my new bike! Pics here! *MORE PICTURES ADDED*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:14 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics don't work for me, the one in your avatar looks sweet though.

P.S where the hell does a 16 year old get 3 grand?

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:

It's amazing what those dirty old men in raincoats will pay in Somerset.

Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

culpan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:53 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very best of luck to you, you make me so jealous I am going the NSR 125 then test route, but I wish I could afford such a nice bike.

One thing though if you drop it I am sure most of the forum will come round and slap you. YOU HAVE BEING WARNED
Twisted Evil

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great SS!

Not sure about this hornet bashing, but i will over look it just this once Smile

These will be the longest 90 days of your life! Just don't wear the seat out going in the garage evey day sitting on it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 09:05 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really bashing the Hornet as it is a very nice bike and appears to be a bit more fiesty than the Bandit, I just found the clutch to be lighter on the bandit and much easier to handle, kept stalling me dad's Hornet you see. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 12:17 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until it's covered in mud and crap Thumbs Up Mr. Green

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:50 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet bike mate !!! i'm well jealous !!

but where the hell did you get £3k from??

at 16 i had to borrow money to buy a pushbike!! never mind a bloody brand new motorbike !! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:17 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is a beautiful-looking engine. Nice buy Thumbs Up.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:51 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sun was shining today so me and my Dad got our bikes out and took photos of them. I also got my nice new leather jacket yesterday so thought I would show it off. Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:52 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post.

Last edited by JonB on 15:56 - 06 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy are you going to be having fun trying to keep those downpipes clean and shiny... Laughing Looks nice, even if it doesn't really look much like a Bandit. Smile

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:

Gaz

I love the way he is skillfully avoiding that answer!

He hasn't yet denied the 'rent boy' accusation yet! Wink Laughing

Cool bike, VERY blue! Very Happy

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:25 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK. Razz

I am fortunate enough to have wonderful parents who put pack money away ever since I was a little baby. I didn't even know about this til 6 months ago. It is accesible to me in May, but my parents are bailing me out til then. The insurance and all other oddities are coming from me own sweat and tears. I have been saving up money in my own account since the age of 7. I used my brain when coming to choosing a 50cc, I didn;t go stupid and spend silly amounts on a bike I was going to ride for one year. So I still had loads of money back from then.

My parents wanted me to spend my inheritance on University but it is looking unlikely that I will go now, so yeah, though I would treat myself.

I don't really like talking about my money situation with mates and people because instantly I am known as a 'rent boy and very spoilt. But whereas you get 17 year olds buying RS125's for nearly 3 Grand why can't I get myself a bigger bike for the same money?

Oh and I am paying for the test myself as well. I have been trying to get every shift available at work in order to keep this running so I am not living the life of luxury OK. I don't wanna be treated any different to anybody else just cause I have a "posh" bike at 16/17. I spend loads on bikes but next to nothing on clothes, computers and gadgetery just because I love bikes with a passion. OK?

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:26 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
He hasn't yet denied the 'rent boy' accusation yet! Wink Laughing
Thats your answer to everything. Razz

Nice bike btw SS. Very Happy

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:52 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics dont work for me... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
Thats your answer to everything. Razz

Wasn't me that suggested that one, I believe it was 'Silver'! Razz

Nice bike though! Fit those crash bungs quickly before you ride it though as you will really kick yourself if you scratch it!

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:04 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah SS, don't let people give you a hard time because you have money (seems like you still work more than your share though Thumbs Up ) but yeah, I almost relish the way people look at me when I tell them how I managed to afford my bike, their "trust fund, silver spoon baby" look says it all, but I don't care, if my family have earned enough in the past to keep future generations looked after it's not my fault, and like you I still work to pay the bills and for my own luxuries, just the bikes come from the magic money books, besides, my bike was a practical and sensible choice.
Laughing

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:59 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for moral support Josh! Thumbs Up

I dunno if it is a Suzuki or Honda thing but the clutch and throttle control is so much smoother on this bike than it is on my Dad's Hornet, which is a bit jerky. Not that I have rode it officer. Shhh! Shifty

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:13 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need moral support, you have shed loads of money! Confused

Nar but seriously though, very nice bike, i love the colour, good luck with it. Smile

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bike seems like everyone down here in the west country are getting "big bikes", i'm waiting 1 year till im 21, when i can legally ride any bike!.
prefer josh's tho, sorry Embarassed

also as for what josh said:

Quote:
Ah SS, don't let people give you a hard time because you have money (seems like you still work more than your share though Thumbs Up ) but yeah, I almost relish the way people look at me when I tell them how I managed to afford my bike, their "trust fund, silver spoon baby" look says it all, but I don't care, if my family have earned enough in the past to keep future generations looked after it's not my fault, and like you I still work to pay the bills and for my own luxuries, just the bikes come from the magic money books, besides, my bike was a practical and sensible choice.
Laughing

it is really nice to see someone who will just hold up their hand and admit they have money cos their familly is rich, as opposed to sum who pretend they earned it (we all know at least one in our area/back from school) or say they are poor, which really makes me mad. so fairplay josh!!

also josh, dont suppose your feeling kind with that silver spoon, i need a bike after all! Mr. Green or perhaps not Crying or Very sad

enjoy your new bike when you get to ride it!
Paul

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 00:07 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulthewitt wrote:

it is really nice to see someone who will just hold up their hand and admit they have money cos their familly is rich, as opposed to sum who pretend they earned it (we all know at least one in our area/back from school) or say they are poor, which really makes me mad.
Paul

Well i'm not saying I am poor, far from it we are "well off" call it working to middle class. But what I was just saying that it wasn't all parental contribution to this bike, I ahve worked for bits of it as well. Smile

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:20 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somerset Scratcher wrote:
Got to get some crash bungs before hand though.

I reckon that money will go on a new end can Twisted Evil

Nice bike Thumbs Up lucky cunt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dads58
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:31 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know how you are feeling mate. Back in the 70`s I was riding a honda 250 dream. that was the limit then, and I had a z650 waiting in the wings for when I passed my test. (Good job I passed 1st time, mind you you would have to be pretty bad to fail back then)!!!

Best advice I can give you is go to sleep for 3 months coz nothing else will make the time pass quick enough.

And before I get slated about being rich, both bikes were "2nd hand"

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 14:51 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer the naked one tbh.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2