dt125r

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

mirax
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:49 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: dt125r Reply with quote

heres a pic of my dt125r 2002 derestricted Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 23:15 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

Unsure on the stickers though Confused

Get yourself a stainless steel DEP expansion chamber now! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

theftvictim
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:18 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - good memories! I too had a 2002 DT with a DEP pipe but sold it after passing my test.

Two questions out of curiosity, what exactly did you do to de-restrict it? and how different does it feel and sound after doing this?

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mirax.

I was thinking about buying a Yamaha DT125. But then decided to save up for a car.

Just wondering how much did you pay for the DT and what you think are the pros and cons of this bike?

Thanks and Bye Daniel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mirax
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:26 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

dt 125

pros
1. cheap to run
2.cheap insurance
3.parts really cheap and piss to get
4. wheely fest

cons
1. needs to be derestricted
2. not a race bike
3. high seat so if your a midget your abit screwed

mirax
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:34 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i altered the servo on the power valve, put big one front pipe on and dep silencer, removed the reed switch upped the jets and put a race reed in the carb. lovely scream when the powerband opens getting a yz front mud guard for it and new indicators Smile. its got no mirrors at the mo cause i had a crash at new year so im off the road untill the 11th as i broke my wrist Sad . the reason i got this bike is because my rs got nicked and needed a bike which was cheap to insure 280 tfp paid 2400 for it, only had 300 miles on the clock and mint condition used like twice then garaged

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

yay, dt's rule Very Happy

so should be my custom title, korns a slacker Rolling Eyes

Frescos a bit of a s**t expansion chamber to ride with the deps alot better around far less all or nothing, but hey i rode with a fresco for a year as well Smile lol Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:32 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my 2004 looked fucking lush......
I miss her Crying or Very sad Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mirax
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:43 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason i got the fresco front pipe is cause i got it new for 40 squid of ebay, there 89 on www.dirtbikestore.co.uk . cant beleive how cheap parts are for the dt 125. i used to have an rs 125 and the starter went they wanted 280 for a new one, was like wtf Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1