Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

And Now For Something... Completely Different

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:12 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: And Now For Something... Completely Different Reply with quote

enter stage left.... bike number 6 (since 2001 Shocked - on target for G or keiths tally Razz) tiger Mr. Green Mr. Green

dad was calling me a miserable bastard, so i pulled a silly face, and now i wish i hadnt Razz
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/angle1.jpg

was looking around last weekend, narrowed it to two test rides today, but it wasnt a hard decision, think i had made it ages ago tbh, typical me Razz have loved the look of this bike since i first heard about it in 02 sometime

rode the tiger first, and reckon that was the end of that, rode an older model varadero shortly after, but wasnt really into it, and cut the test ride a bit short Razz just didnt have the same.. magic

never test ridden a bike before, its an ace feeling if majorly scary at first, he said i could just bugger off for an hour, so i did Very Happy hard to learn a bike in north london traffic, no one gives you the time you need to learn a new bike, but made it

the view from up there is amazing, didnt realise there was so much world to see Razz you feel like you are swooping over the top of double decker buses, and find yourself staring deep into the horizon and just letting the bike sort itself out, potholes arent a concern Very Happy

can only describe the bike as like riding a magic carpet, completely neutral position, then you give it a twist, and it feels like the whole thing lifts, and then just buggers off Twisted Evil doesnt mind which gear its in, found myself pulling away in second far too often, i just didnt notice Smile

very smooth engine, can pull away from 10mph in 3rd or 4th with no stuttering at all, just smooth urge. brakes are good, back brake is too good, locked it more than once testing the braking but seemed to get away with it, im used to the rear brake doing nowt i guess Razz

its sooo comfortable, doesnt force you to go everywhere quickly, guess this is the first real cruising bike that i have ridden, and i likes it Mr. Green but the urge is there if you need it, so you can actually think to yourself where it is safe to use and where its best left alone, generally very confidence inspiring. adjusted to the position surprisingly quick and was leaning it far further than i was expecting to feel comfortable doing

cars seem to notice you, as i would hope! and you are looking over the top rather than through their screens, can crawl forever at 1mph without wobbling or the need to put feet down, im not sure why this is, just seems to hold the weight really well

got on the CBR to ride home, felt like a toy, first time any bike i have owned has actualy felt really tiny Surprised

should i stop gibbering now? Razz not in love, honest Rolling Eyes

in conclusion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

best bits... (apart from all of it)

hazard warning lights
torque
tiger stripes
electric accessory socket
the noise (triumph race can)
givi topbox
fuel guage
armchair seat
brush guards (van mirrors, standby)

the boring stuff:
£3995
3 months parts and labour warranty
FSH, 18 000 miles

the bargaining chip:
clock (time) doesnt work

the free stuff: (poke G Razz )
-full tank
-big fuck off chain lock
-free MOT's
-warranty extended to 6 months
-oxford clock

now if the rain ever stops Rolling Eyes Mr. Green[/img]
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:20 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top stuff Goose! Well done - excellent choice ( and I'm not just saying that cos its a Triumph! Razz )

Oh and I have the engine diagnostic software on my laptop too... Smile

Unfortunately you need to get an unlock code on a per ECU basis for the software that remaps the injection, but I can still use the diagnostic one.

Top! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:21 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's real cool!

How huge is that thing though! I wouldn't be able to get my friggin leg over!!! Laughing

It's a triumph, you are offically "1337". Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 17:26 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice goose, just what you need for all those miles you cover, shame about the triumph thing it has about it though. Wink

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 17:41 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm its not orange! It should be orange if your having tiger strips. Razz

If it makes you happy. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 17:58 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Goose. I'm not sure if you look tiny or that tiger looks huge. Wink
Hope you have fun with this one, I wanna see you doing kneedown on that and then compare pictures with the cbr250. Laughing

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 18:54 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice on Goossaay
bet it makes a bit of change from those long journeys
nice comfy seat
but dont get too cosey theres a car up ahead Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:10 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew it was gonna happen after it was the only one that made you grin last weekend.

Looking Cool , hope the two of you will be very happy. Thumbs Up

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 19:28 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Nice one mate, deffo a type of bike i will be considering, or summat similar (TDM Wink ) Nice one.

Oh i got a new mobile number, and yes i use it, its flashy Smile, check my profile, so phone us up for a ride, wouldnt mind a go Razz

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is..... Thumbs Up

Enjoy the 955i, growwwllllllll!! Laughing

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool bike.

Enjoy it! Very Happy

Send the Cbr to a good home Wink

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Goosah. Cool

that thing looks taller than me !!

I did get the triumph vibe at Ally Pally last week, sat on a new triple. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, somebody told me today that you we're gonna get a tiger. Nice 955 triple lump you got in there too. Nice colours as well. I'll reckon it'll wheelie like the proverbial bastard of a trail bike - Enjoy it Thumbs Up

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:47 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
I did get the triumph vibe at Ally Pally last week, sat on a new triple. Laughing

so did tito, he loved it

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

WOW , thats a big ass bike, goosy even kindly let me have a go..

fooook me does it shift Shocked

Thumbs Up quality bike dude

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate Thumbs Up
Not my kind of bike but i'll probably need to wear the wife's boots wit the 4" heels on to touch the floor Laughing

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, love the big trailies. Thumbs Up

Imo the old shape's looks a little nicer looking, but I'm probably biased since it's what my dad rides.

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 23:30 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Goose......nice ride! Wink

No doubt the mileage you cover will be much more pleasurable now Smile enjoy her, and we midlanders will see you on one of our rides out once your up this way!! Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 23:32 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goosey - you told me it was pretty...and yet... It's green!!

You certainly seem very pleased, and you have every reason to be Very Happy Enjoy this beast of a bike!

Thumbs Up

Well done to GG for all those freebies, I'm very impressed!

Will87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:42 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ridden on the back of one but they are very nice to ride, my uncle has the older shaped one in red, but since he got his square four he barely rides the tiger.

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with Hex, has to be orange, but still V nice bike, dad was after something like that.

top stuff Thumbs Up

Steve.

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say how it should be orange, but the more I look at it, the more I like that green!

Nice choice Thumbs Up

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 16:14 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Weirdly enough, I have liked the look of them for a bit.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah, another big trialie!

Very nice that, so when are you going off road on it? (hides)

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:24 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

eerr, took it across my garden attempting to put it into garage, couldnt physically push it up the curb to get it in Laughing

so rode it back to the concrete, off road on this this, bad
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2