Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

8 day old R6 ripped apart

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:12 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: 8 day old R6 ripped apart Reply with quote

Hi all

Just thaught I would share some pictures with you to make you hate bike thieves even more.

My R6 was only 8 days old when these evil bastards got into my garage to discover that they would not be able to remove my bike due to anchors and chains.
Instead they had the balls to actually just stay a while and reduce it to what you see here. It's incredible to believe that this was done discretely within a few hours only. It had just over 200 miles on the clock.

Middle Finger Sub-humans, may your hands drop into the toilet next time you flush Middle Finger

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:15 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that really does take the fucking piss, If that were my bike I'd rather go to my garage and find it gone completely than to find it like that, that's just a piss-take.

Can't believe there are such cunts in this world Evil or Very Mad

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:27 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news (in a kind of sick way) is that yesterday it was pronounced a write-off.

BlueNinja
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:57 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really sad Crying or Very sad

Yeh its good its a write off. You dont want something that has had theiving scum bags fingers on Mad

Hope you get yourself a nice new machine, and get some solid garage doors Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, even in a garage in central london, you bike is nowhere near safe. Might you suspect the dealer slipped your details to the perpetrators, who then stripped your bike. Where did u get your bike from might i ask? (reason why i'm asking is that i had some guy go down my driveway, i knew who the guy was -it turns out to be a brother of a rex judd mechanic)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:21 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was the dealer, because you see the red R6 in front of the palace here, that was my first R6 I got in August last year. That got stolen from my garage on 04 December, and I bought that one in Wigan near Manchester. I bought the black one from Infinity Bikes in Clapham, London.
I worked on that garage and thaught that I had made it almost bullet proof.
I am quite sure that it is the same bunch of fuckers who got my red one. My neighbours might know some dodgy people or something. My movements were definately being watched.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fucking unlucky. Wierd though, if they had the time, tools and knowledge to strip it down like that then you would have thought they would have been able to cut the chains and take the entire bike Confused

If it's a write-off can you buy it back from the insurance company for fuck all? What's left would still make some fantastic spares if you got another one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:50 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Looks like they just took all the bodywork. Probably only took them 15 minutes or so, and probably worth a good £600 second hand.

All the best

Keith

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:41 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't manage to get the doors open, but got enough wood off to get in, which is why they probably left it.
The bike was Datatagged so I don't know how they would find value in what they took.
I don't think I'll get another superbike untill I move from this address.
I still really do want a bike though, I'm thinking Hornet or Bandit. What bikes aren't targeted that much?
Does anyone have any suggestions? Confused

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six Ran wrote:
What bikes aren't targeted that much?
Does anyone have any suggestions? Confused

Shit ones? Honda C90 Cub Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god thats really unlucky!

Even if you did geta bandit or hornet they'd probably target that too. Confused

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:56 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't take the public transport anymore! Mad

CJA
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:07 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see your bike like that.

Amazed they never had the brains to just unhook the front wheel & take the bike.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:08 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt the dealer had anything to do with it, expect that the parts were nicked to order. Taking fairing off takes fuck all time anyway and makes a lot less noise than cutting through your chains and other locks which would have woken you or your neighbours. Taking the whole bike would be lots more stolen parts to get rid of which is greater chance of being caught, if they just nick the parts they have a buyer means they don't risk getting caught flogging dodgy parts.

Datatag is all well and good but they're not going to have problems if they put the parts on a bike and ride it as per normal. Datatag is useful for if they find a garage full of parts they can work out what is yours, but unless you manage to really piss the police off they're not going to randomly look over your bike with a datatag scanner.

Craig, they're not going to target him if he gets some other bike unless they have someone wanting parts which he has and his garage is still easy for them to break into.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:09 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked When things like that happen it makes you wonder how they can sleep at night. Probably have a mug of horlicks, but anyway. Sad
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they do any damage to the bike when they stripped it, or just casually take the plastics and fuck off? Just curious how it wrote the poor thing off if it was brand new. Did they use your own tools?

Next garage modification would be either a bed so you can sleep next the bike or a nice booby trap waiting for the bastards.

You did everything possible to prevent this and still the insurance company is going to put up your premium just because this country has gone to the scallies because the pigs are either too lazy to do anything or if they do catch anyone (by accident obviously) tey let them go scott free.

country is on its arse, no two ways about it. Thumbs Down

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:13 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you are to get another bike is get a good alarm to go on it. Finding insurance is gonna get hard else cause of the amount of claims you are making. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:42 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did they do any damage to the bike when they stripped it, or just casually take the plastics and fuck off? Just curious how it wrote the poor thing off if it was brand new. Did they use your own tools?

They didn't do any damage. they unplugged all the electrics instead of just cutting them. They used their own tools. But when I went to the mechanic yesterday to collect my crash rollers (which I had arranged to collect from them), they couldn't find them. I noticed the radiator, footpegs and silencer were all gone too. So now I am wondering if the mechanics just help themselves and tell the insurers it is worse than it actually is.

Quote:
I think if you are to get another bike is get a good alarm to go on it

I had a Datatool Cat 3, which is apparently the all singing all dancing device to have.

Quote:
Amazed they never had the brains to just unhook the front wheel & take the bike

I had 2 anchors, one at the backwheel too. The chain there was long enough to thread through the swingarm and wheel.

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get money from insurance, buy it back, and streetfighter it. Cool

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:59 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get money from insurance, buy it back, and streetfighter it.

Didn't think of that. Sounds good. Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:29 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike alarm goes off when you move it or try to start it, undoing the fairing won't set it off. Some alarms have a sensor that goes off when the pillion seat is removed, if they were looking for that then they could just slide something over it to hold it down so the alarm didn't go off. Removing fairings is a philps head screw driver and allen key so easy to bring with them.

With the garage nicking things off it, just ask them something like "when will I be able to get those parts as finding them I'm sure will be lots easier than having to go through your insurance policy if they've been lost". The garage don't do the valuation for the insurance company, they send someone out to go and look at it so if you're planning on buying it back I'd be kicking up a fuss to get the rest of the bike back from whoever in the garage has decided to try and nick it. You could also mention about how you've got the photos showing the state of the bike before they were let near it which will motivate them quite a lot.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like everyone in your area are thieving buggers!

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with stephanie on that one. You have proof that the bike had those parts on after it was stripped. I definately wouldnt let that slide, time for a bit of extortion I think. If you were to rebuild the bike out of pocket, those parts wouldnt be cheap so you can either ask for them back (remembering to have the photos in your hand) or take a picture of the bike in their workshop sans parts. That will give you a lot of bargaining power. Why should somebody else benefit from your misery by getting a free or low price brand new exhaust when you arent going to get a penny for them. Whereas you could ebay them yourself. I'd also assume that the insurance company would see that as theft or fraud on the garages part. Either way i def wouldnt be going back there, and would make sure everyone else knew that.

Reminds me of the time a bloke at work took his Golf GTI for a service at a VW dealer and it came back with a different steeringwheel, the 'new' one didnt have an airbag like the last one did but the garage argued blind they hadnt done anything. Soon got cleared up when he went to the local rag about it!

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 18:19 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last bit with the garage really does take the p**s. I'd take the garage for as much as I could if I were you. If they refuse to co-operate show them the pictures, if they arent willing to give a considerable (I mean big!) amount of gifts then speak to your insurance company and explain you have proof. If necessary get the Police involved.

BTW where did this bike go? I think it's only right everyone need's to avoid this place if they take parts off bikes. That is theft, plain and simple. Thumbs Down

Edit: Just checked your profile and realised your in South London so I would really like to know where to avoid if possible, a PM if you dont wish it to be broadcast everywhere please.

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:33 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took pictures of the bike yesterday at the garage. I got the missing radiator and missing crash rollers but the camera batteries went flat (typical) before I got to the silencer.
Maybe the mechanics aren't thieves and the parts have been commissioned to another bike through the same insurer for repairs. My insurer did say they only use this garage. Who knows
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 75 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4