Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

8 day old R6 ripped apart

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:11 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the case then (IMO) they'd have said that rather than saying "we can't find them". I wouldn't be mentioning the name of them until you know if they have actually mislaid them or if they've (tried to) nick them. Putting on here that garage xyz are thieves is not going to make them want to look after your bike and generally be nice.

Ask for the parts back and offer them the photos as proof that the parts were on the bike before, don't mention anything to your insurance company until its clear that they've got no intention of giving you your parts back.

Hopefully they are actually telling the truth and they've put them somewhere.

I'd also ask them why it was necessary to take those parts off the bike in the first place. Confused

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 19:15 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

happened to my next door neighbour at my old house...... about 6 month later the police managed to find his fairing panels...turned up on a bike in coventry.....good old data tag lol

with the alarm my data tool sytem 3 has a sensor under each fairing panel and tank as well as the seat unit....but it came with them...i assume the owner paid extra for that priviledge?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:27 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Meta 357 alarm system goes off whenever it is moved an inch or so, even knocking into the bike fairly hard sets it off.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would consider a trip wire to a silent alarm (audible in your bedroom) in your garage. Fishing line so hopefully they would spot it.

Feel so sorry for you mate, thats just really low Sad

Rollins
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:48 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you feel more pissed off that they stole only bits and not the whole bike. What a bunch of pathetic fucking tossers they are. The sad bastards should be shot.
HurtMePlease This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 22:18 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

That is an act of pure evil!! 8 day old bike Crying or Very sad

Unlucky mate, can you buy the bike back off the insurance as it's a write off??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 22:23 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep thats pretty shit, IMO buy it back and put it on the track. Thumbs Up

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

God man! I feel so bad for you, im fucking furious just sitin here. My bike is only worth around 300 quid (offroader) but if anyone so much as nicked a bolt id hunt the bastard down. I think it would make a pretty sweet streetfighter aswell, or u could maybe buy a new set of fairings through one of your bikes retailers with insurance money?

MitoIslander
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:48 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy SH!T!!!

Thats not good atall! don't know whats worse, just pinching parts, or pinching the entire bike!

at least when they take the bike there's *SOME* chance of it being found again!

unlucky mate!

Jay

theftvictim
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:02 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words cant describe how I feel about such scum.

People need to start boobytrapping their garages. Something combining cheese wire, bear traps and hydrofluoric acid.

Totally sickening...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:40 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MitoIslander wrote:
Thats not good atall! don't know whats worse, just pinching parts, or pinching the entire bike!

at least when they take the bike there's *SOME* chance of it being found again!

With all the bodywork nicked and it written off, hopefully they'll offer it to Six Ran to buy off them cheaply, which can then be sold at a profit (as a whole) or buy fairings secondhand or streetfighter it. Plus whatever the insurance settlement is. You have the same claim against your name for insurance purposes but if they nick the whole bike you're left with the cash from the insurance company, if they nick all the bodywork and it's written off you're left with the same amount of cash and hopefully offered the bike to buy cheaply.

Still sucks but it does (hopefully) have a slightly positive part.

holgate
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:54 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear the news mate. Did they just take the farings beause thats all i can see different Rolling Eyes Wink

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:45 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's fucking evil that !!! Evil or Very Mad

opening the garage door to see your bike like that must be proper sickening!!!
gutted for you mate!

nick.h
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
I really would consider a trip wire to a silent alarm (audible in your bedroom) in your garage. Fishing line so hopefully they would spot it.

Or set up an alarm, so when it goes of it makes a huge racket, which would more likely to scare them off.

Although you could buy and air rifle/pistol, and do the silent alarm thingy, as dont with have the right to beat up/shoot people robbing our houses?
[Italjet MM5A] ll [Rieju RS1 Evolution] ll [Suzuki GS500e] ll [Suzuki GSX600F] ll [Honda CG125] ll [Pug Elyseo 125] ll [Yamaha YZF750R] ll [Yamaha Thunderace] ll [Yamaha R6] ll [Triumph 955i] ll [Hayabusa RZK3] ll [Suzuki RGV250] ll

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:53 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I found this site. Being in a shitty situation like this, it really does help to hear cool peoples opinions and ideas.
Thank you all for your input. Very Happy

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:04 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

holgate wrote:
Sad to hear the news mate. Did they just take the farings beause thats all i can see different Rolling Eyes Wink

They got all the body work including the petrol tank, clocks and everything else with a light bulb in it, which when all added up costs a few Quid unfortunately.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes you feel sick. I have had cars broken into and know how it feels to be violated by thieves.
Maybe next time you will catch them at it and they will get real justice, torque wrench style.

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

with all due respect, will people stop saying it is worse to have bits nicked than the whole bike.

i have experienced the theft of a whole bike and would happily exchange for just bits (although all plastics isnt good i admit!) missing.

but seriously, harsh luck mate, from your garage aswell. theives truly are scum. and the fact that the police genuinly care not about stolen bikes, rubs salt in the wound.

unlucky mate, was damn fine bike,
Paul

PS: my bike was 5 days old when nicked, so i know how you feel there aswell Sick

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data tags are worth looking into, causal scum will not care if they are just going to go wreck it, but scum (who obviously knew what they were doing) will not want to go anywhere near one with datatags/smart water, because its traceable, and traceable back to them...

Dosen't help you much now but might with your next bike...

Another thing, you can get allarms for quite cheep similar to that you would get in your house with motion sensors, theres a product on the market to lock your garrage with an extra point on the ground, much more difficult to defeat...

Failing that, silent allarm, harpoon, vat of acid.

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:04 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="zero"]Data tags are worth looking into, causal scum will not care if they are just going to go wreck it, but scum (who obviously knew what they were doing) will not want to go anywhere near one with datatags/smart water, because its traceable, and traceable back to them...

quote]
Yea it was Datatagged, they knew what they were doing.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six Ran wrote:
They got all the body work including the petrol tank, clocks and everything else with a light bulb in it, which when all added up costs a few Quid unfortunately.

Get some cheap race fairing and turn it into a track bike, with the other missing parts bought from eBay. You'll either have a great track bike for a low cost, or you might make some money selling it as a trackbike. Depends on how much the insurance company want for it though.

And I also suggest a Claymore Mine for your garage Twisted Evil

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences. My bike got nicked soon after getting it - not the same because it was only an old 125, but still made my blood boil!

It's a terrible thing what people can do to other's property. This garage thing is all shades of the colour wrong as well... Have you been to them yet and found out what's going on with the 'extra' missing bits?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:08 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself a heat seeking detector (like the thing on the bottom of a garden light)

Put it in the corner of ur garage. And instead of wiring it up to a floodlight, Remove the light and run the wires to your bedroom and then you can affix them wires to any 240volt electric appliance you want to wake you up Thumbs Up

That way you can sneak out in yr undies and give them a good battering (reminds me of my dad when our garage was targeted Laughing )

<|Binge|>

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:02 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Six Ran wrote:

Get some cheap race fairing and turn it into a track bike, with the other missing parts bought from eBay. You'll either have a great track bike for a low cost, or you might make some money selling it as a trackbike. Depends on how much the insurance company want for it though.

And I also suggest a Claymore Mine for your garage Twisted Evil

That Claymore Mine looks the shiznik!!! It would be worth destroying another bike just to find those fucker's heads across the neighbourhood somewhere Laughing Twisted Evil
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4