Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

8 day old R6 ripped apart

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:05 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnightTyme wrote:
My condolences. My bike got nicked soon after getting it - not the same because it was only an old 125, but still made my blood boil!

It's a terrible thing what people can do to other's property. This garage thing is all shades of the colour wrong as well... Have you been to them yet and found out what's going on with the 'extra' missing bits?

Suprise Suprise! The crash rollers arrived with the post today Smile

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping that they find their decency and send back your radiator, foot-pegs and silencer as well...

If not - send 'the boys' round Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a baby monitor and hide the transmitter in the garage somewhere. Put the reciever in your bedroom.
Seems to me sometimes we are paying for society's failures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 03:06 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six Ran wrote:
I took pictures of the bike yesterday at the garage. I got the missing radiator and missing crash rollers but the camera batteries went flat (typical) before I got to the silencer.
Maybe the mechanics aren't thieves and the parts have been commissioned to another bike through the same insurer for repairs. My insurer did say they only use this garage. Who knows

Hi

The bike is still yours until you sign it over to the insurance company, so even if they did intend to put the bits on another bike it is still theft until then.

The silencer is obvious in several of the pics you posted above.

All the best

Keith

Yammy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:44 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about that it really is crap Sad

now comes the cheeky part, you selling what is left by any chance? Embarassed

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:08 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yammy wrote:
sorry to hear about that it really is crap Sad

now comes the cheeky part, you selling what is left by any chance? Embarassed

The insurance company has taken the bike away. I was thinking of buying it back maybe for a track bike. I'm not sure if I will still go ahead with that idea. I have to focus on moving into a new house asap. I'll ask them how much they want for it because I'm curious to know too. Check back here in a day or two, I'll let you know.

ian916
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:03 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe this, the dealer is no better than the scum who broke into the garage, - and I would say that after their theiving in their premisis it looks like an inside job start to end that also ends up with them selling another R6.

Given that you have photos I would report it to insurance and Police tomorrow.

No wonder insurance costs so much. No wonder sales of sports bikes are falling due to insurance cost and theft. Nice one dealer you do your trade proud, NOT. I assume the dealer that stole is the same as the one who supplied the bike?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 04:01 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem, the shop could actually have made a genuine mistake and the parts havn't been nicked and weren't removed with the intention of stealing them. Rather than reporting them to the police and going to the insurance company saying parts of the bike have been nicked you'd want to let them find the parts as there is nothing to say the parts have been nicked yet Ian.

Look at it from the dealers point of view and think about it again before saying that the police should be involved for theft.

How is it an inside job? His bike got nicked therefore it must have been the shop he bought it from? Eh?

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 13:17 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be thankfull they didnt take the whole bike and destroy it trust me I know how it feels I couldnt look at poppy for weeks.

Yammy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:45 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six Ran wrote:

The insurance company has taken the bike away. I was thinking of buying it back maybe for a track bike. I'm not sure if I will still go ahead with that idea. I have to focus on moving into a new house asap. I'll ask them how much they want for it because I'm curious to know too. Check back here in a day or two, I'll let you know.

thanks, apparently i couldn't do an engine transplant with that as its a newer model than mine, but i'll keep an eye out for how it goes as i know someone after an R6 frame etc. Smile

ian916
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:16 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ahem, the shop could actually have made a genuine mistake and the parts havn't been nicked and weren't removed with the intention of stealing them. Rather than reporting them to the police and going to the insurance company saying parts of the bike have been nicked you'd want to let them find the parts as there is nothing to say the parts have been nicked yet Ian.

Look at it from the dealers point of view and think about it again before saying that the police should be involved for theft.

How is it an inside job? His bike got nicked therefore it must have been the shop he bought it from? Eh?

don't buy that for one second. How could removing and end can be a mistake, - it is a deliberate action, what would the justification be for showing the bike to the assessor with parts missing? So as to give it a greater chance of being written off? To sell on the parts for pure profit? For the staff to pocket the bits themselves, - in which case they are risking their employers reputation and as such have committed an instant dissmisal offence. For a bike retailer to be trusted as an insurance repairer they would have some written contract, I am certain that removing parts would be in breach of this contract. Sorry but it is clear cut. Perhaps the insureres should be involved first and they decide on Police action?

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they couldn't nick my mates RG125 they stripped it and poured paint over everything. Thing is though the R6 is written off no matter what they have done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:38 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian916 wrote:
How could removing and end can be a mistake, - it is a deliberate action, what would the justification be for showing the bike to the assessor with parts missing? So as to give it a greater chance of being written off?

I wasn't saying that they might have accidentally removed the parts, the parts might have been removed for a genuine reason and they need to find them.

Nothing to say that the garage have showed the insurance company the bike without the parts, if the assessor knew the first thing about bikes he'd ask where the end can was. And is there anything in it for the garage other than charging the insurance company for storage, the bike can be written off and how does it make any difference to them, its not their bike.
ian916 wrote:
To sell on the parts for pure profit? For the staff to pocket the bits themselves, - in which case they are risking their employers reputation and as such have committed an instant dissmisal offence. For a bike retailer to be trusted as an insurance repairer they would have some written contract, I am certain that removing parts would be in breach of this contract. Sorry but it is clear cut. Perhaps the insureres should be involved first and they decide on Police action?

Until the parts have actually gone (ie they've not been found again) the garage havn't been that bad, parts could have been removed to make it go in a van more easily or to make it fit in a smaller space, unless the garage have said that the parts then you can't just assume the worst of them. And remember they are looking after his bike for him so making accusations of theft with no actual proof probably wouldn't be in his interest.

keithmanx
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad to see what has happened to your bike- there are some worthless cun#s out there....... hope you get another bike sorted soon!

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on what the insurance company want for your bike Six?

Also, being as the arguement is really brewing, what's the news with the 'missing' parts? Or are you just leaving the garage and putting it down to experience?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:02 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Ste said, I wouldn't mention the name of the garage until you know exactly why those parts are missing. I can't really see how a complete bodykit and clocks would write a bike off, I thought it would be still under the cost threshold to put right without writing it off. Now, if the exhaust and radiator were removed too, it may well take the cost of repair beyond the threshold, which would be better for you, because you get a brand new bike, and also better for the garage if they didn't want to take the work on. If they had to repair it, it would be sat around in their workshop for god knows how long until the parts arrived.

ian916
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:08 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

with respect ste I do not think you understand how insurance assessments are made. This assessment was made when the assessor saw the bike. The dealer was trusted to show the assessor the bike as it was received from the owner, that is a legal requirement. Sorry but you are being incredibly nieve to think for a second that the dealer may have removed the end can as it "would have fitted best in the workshop without it" etc. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO REMOVE ANYTHING. TO DO SO IS certainly FRAUD AND LIKELY ALSO THEFT. They do not have any legal right to remove any part prior to it being inspected. AS.......The calculation to establish a write-off is a set one. The value of the parts missing or damaged has to exceed a certain percentage of the bikes replacement value. If it is over that value by anything - £1 it is written off. Now an owner can contest that and negotiate a discount with the dealer and the bike gets repaired. THIS DEALER WANTED THAT BIKE WRITTEN OFF and as he would have totaled up the list of missing parts and perhaps found it marginal he decided to make sure of it, - and I believe pocketing the parts. It is a well known scame that has had variations going on for years, - the bank clerk gets held up at gunpoint the thief does not take all of the money the clerk pockets the rest, the police think that the thief has all of the money.
THE THEFT IS AGAINST THE INSURANCE COMPANY, which as we all pay insurance (or should) it is US that will end up paying whilst a dealer pockets twice and then some, - 2 bike sales and then reselling the stolen parts. sorry but this is disgusting,and given that the dealer is in the trade I think far worse than the initial theft.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:05 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying that you don't know the parts were removed before the insurance people saw it, all that is known is the parts were there before it was left at the garage and they're not there anymore. I#d just be careful about jumping to any conclusions before some facts are known.
ian916 wrote:
2 bike sales and then reselling the stolen parts. sorry but this is disgusting,and given that the dealer is in the trade I think far worse than the initial theft.

Where do two bike sales come into it? I've just looked back over the thread and can't see any mention of where the bike is being stored. Stop making conclusions out of nothing, I don't think any of the named dealers on this thread would be very impressed if they read this thread.

Innocent until proven guilty? Give the garage a bit of a chance as there is nothing to say that they have stolen the parts or removed them with the intent of stealing them.

Oh yeah Ian, insurance assesements (or at least the basics of them which you've described there) aren't particulary complicated and from reading on here and other sites (and a bit of thinking) its quite easy to know how they work. Bike is kept by garage without doing anything to it, assessor comes to look at bike and the insurance company then decide if its worth repairing or not.

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:44 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ mate what more could you have done you locked it in a garage with 2 anchor points and chained it down! and the fukerz still got in and stripped it, I have seen some tiny spy cameras that can be hooked up to a video recorder that start recording when movement is sensed, I am now thinking about getting one in my garage I thought my bike was 100% safe it is basically like yours but I have 2 dogs patrolling the yards which is a good enough deterent for most. but I always wake up when I hear them barking and go and check out the windows for any signs of scumbags. I can honestly say I haven't slept very well since I bought my bike theres always that niggiling fear that sticks in my mind that there could be a scumbag thief trying to pinch my bike, now I have made my self all parranoid and need to go check on my bike Evil or Very Mad

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:31 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. If anyone so much as touched my bike without permission iw ould fuckin kill them, I feel soo sorry for you mate, but as already mentioned, this shite government we have has at last done something good, and changed the law saying we can batter an intruder to a pulp and even kill him. So I would take Binge's idea and then hammer the shit out of any fuckers that may try it again. All the best with a new bike as well Very Happy

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't actually been a law change, just a clarification of what it means. I'd suggest that being a 'chav_beater' makes you little better than them. That is, unless you don't actually mean beating with a big stick. Smile

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:48 - 20 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

London Underground- Fan-fuckingtastic. Loved it.

Also die all you sad theiving cunts. Get a Job.

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:27 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way foward for bike protection is to attack a massive hungry dog to it. anfd put it in a big metal box that is padlocked off with 10 padlocks.

Thats so unlucky m8, poor you!

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 04:35 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

god where to start :/ Well all i can say if it helps is, "iknow how you feel" my bike got took, and it had only a few thousand miles on it.

Luckily for me I got it back and its all happy now waiting for me to ride it, i didnt go through insurance even though they had damaged allot of the bike. I will save my premiums for when it goes altogether or when I come off and kill it :/

Nothing worse that the sinking empty feeling you get to find some wankers have been messing with ya prize possesions.

Only a matter of time before people start taking situations into there own hands. and no one will care until someone does, and its all over news, Local man KILLS 18 year old in failed bike robbery, then it will be "vigilante" cries off the elderly and police, but if no one else is gunna protect ya, you gotta do it yourself mate.

Anyway, hope all turns out in the end DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN !!!!!
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=337775#337775

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:11 - 23 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words Micky. I can't believe the size of that lorry... OUCH! Crying or Very sad
Hope you are well and healthy now, oh yeah and your bike too Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4