Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NS125R-K Project Bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: NS125R-K Project Bike. Reply with quote

Okay, so I brought this little beast a month or so ago, knowing it would need some work. I'd wanted something cheap that I could tear apart, and really have a good tinker with - and an upgrade from my courier type bike to something a bit sporty, but with a nice sound.

It's a 1989 Honda NS125R-K which seems to be pretty standard except for the following:

Remus (Road Legal) Sports Exhaust
Small Front Indicators
Single Seat Conversion.

I meant to get a few photos of how it looked when I first brought it, but I started working on it instead Embarassed

Anyhow, I've stripped off the body work to give everything a real good clean, and prep the body for a re-spray.

PHOTOS:

Front View
Back View
From The Side

Sorry the photos are pretty low quality (used my phone), but will get out there with the digital camera when there is something worth showing Smile

So right now I've got to de-rust some of the frame, and then put a good coating on that. I was partially planning on painting the frame, to help with preventing any future rusting.

The body work (originally red) is in the process of being thoroughly cleaned, and then rubbed down ready for a re-spray. I was planning on a black & red scheme, based on the Honda CBR-RR but I'll have to see how it will look with my new 'Blue' seat cover. What I'd like to get are some small fairing fitting front indicators, so there is less 'sticking' out of the bike. Then maybe put the smaller ones that are on the front onto the back of the bike.

Once I've got the technical stuff done (sure that the engine needs a little work, and there's a little welding to be done), and got the paint work sorted, it'll look sweet.

Then of course the decision is, keep it for a summer bike/sell it??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up I just finished my Bantam project (see my other thread) and i gotta say watching a bike be brought back from the dead is a feeling you dont get anywhere else. Took me about 2 months to fully strip and rebuild my bike to full working spec. I never took any pictured until i started puting mine back together tho Sad Anyways good luck and have fun! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of support. I have a feeling this could take me until summer (mainly cause the weather's a little nasty, and I don't have a garage), but with any luck it'll be ready and ship-shape for the nice weather riding Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:46 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,thats the very same bike i have. Was wondering because mine is in need of a bit of tlc,where could i find a new single seat cover in red? And also i intend to paint the wheels,what colour will go with red or should i stick with white?

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:47 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,thats the very same bike i have. Was wondering because mine is in need of a bit of tlc,where could i find a new single seat cover in red? And also i intend to paint the wheels,what colour will go with red or should i stick with white?

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I got my new seat cover from E-Bay (but was in bright blue Rolling Eyes ) Cost about £15 (but was sealed and new), shops seem to sell them for around £18-£20 apparently.

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/ doesn't stock them, but can order in. I spoke to a representative today who said that including VAT and Postage it would be about £20 for a black seat cover, but he didn't think they could get any other colours Sad . You can call them on 01728 833020.

My old seat cover is red, but there is a tear on one side, and it's had a single seat conversion which has put two bolt holes in it, as well as a bright stripe across where the conversion went. It may be possible to clean it up, but it will never look new again. On the other hand, if you want it, you're welcome to have it when I take it off (probably next week). Let me know.

I'm still trying to setting on my colour scheme - I've messed a little in Photo Shop, and come up with a couple of ideas:

Idea 1
Idea 2
Idea 3
Idea 4

Not my greatest work Confused , but till I settle on a design, I'm only doing rough work. 4 is where I think I'm going (based on the CBR-RR - but with the logo saying RK). I haven't settled on a wheel colour yet. To fit in, I'm thinking of Black and Red... But not sure.

White looks okay, Red isn't bad either... It's all personal taste. I'm going to knock up some better quality wheel images so that I can experiment with colours later, if you'd like I can send you the images, and you can see which you'd think would look best on your bike - then get busy with the masking tape. Razz

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you dont want your red seat cover,id buy it. How much?Also have you any idea where i can get a nice clear screen from?
Colours look quite nice.

KnightTyme
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worried about money for it, I've sent you a quick PM.

As for clear screens, not sure, I'll look around. At the moment, I'd just like to find a screen that isn't extortionate, mine is smoked, but split into three parts - keep getting quotes around the £50-£70 mark... I might consider paying £20 but at this rate, I'm gonna mould one myself!

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate got your pm, i'll pay you just the p&p then,whats the damage to it?Myn has a rather large crack in it and a huge graze,if its a couple of scratches that will be fine.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1