Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lots of Pain/gore etc!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

dr_chriz
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Lots of Pain/gore etc!! Reply with quote

Well just thought you guys would like to take a peek at my latest injury...

I do alot of fencing/Iaido (Japanese stuff) sword sports while not riding so naturally i own a samurai sword. Not the kind you find on ebay for £20 either, a real folded steel one, hand made, very expensive which i got from my Girlfriend for my 21st.

Anyway I've had it for ages with no problems (you can probably see where this is going). So i pick up the sword (by the case/scabbard) one day and it hasn't quite clicked back into place last time i used it...

On tilting it slightly the sword slides out of the case between the two middle fingers of my right hand... [insert appropriate ssshhhing noise].

Anyway the result of which is displayed below a month on from the incident, i cut the hand straight through most of the way through the palm on the front and down to about half way through the back of the hand (The knuckles are thicker material so don't cut so easily). I severed an artery and instantly soaked everything in my room in blood, and cut the nerves to my middle fingers, one of which i will never regain any feeling in. Spent two days in hospital, and about 2hrs under general aenesthetic to re-connect everything, had 40ish stitches inside and out.

Sadly this has kinda put an end to my riding for a long time as i have no grip in that hand at all, i can't write or anything either so life is going a bit slow.

Anyway moving rapidly to the moral of the story, don't ever buy one of these unless you plan to never touch it, they hurt alot when things go wrong!!

Oh and by the way if you feel really sorry for my you can buy my bike:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=41683

which i have to sell as i have to get a car instead!

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. And I thought the most dangerous part was sheathing them. Confused I've had enough pain from hurting myself with nunchuka, I don't think I'll be going near a sword in a hurry. (Then and again, getting hit in the knackers with an epee stung just a little bit too. Shocked)

They are obviously extremely dangerous, my karate instructor likes to tell the story of when the blade snapped when he was drawing it, sending the 3 ft razor sharp blade spinning away and sticking into the wall at the other end of the hall.

They're swords, they're for killing people. Neutral

Hope you make a speedy recovery from that and aren't kept away from riding too long. Thumbs Up I'd buy that bike were it in six months. Sad

The NABD (National Association for Bikers with a Disability) might be able to give you some advice on how to get back to it sooner. Get into touch with Born2bvile (their treasurer).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ that thing must be sharp Shocked Unlucky mate. Atleast it will make an interesting story, and I hope you regain all vital functions of that hand quickly!

Wouldnt want you going without masturbation capability!

Will87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 03:13 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, hope it heals up as fast as it can.

Jammy, they are made to take 1 slice and thats through the neck, the way the are designed they aren't good for pareing (sorry i can't spell) as it would dull the blade very quickly. They so so beautiful though.

nc30 chick
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:21 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch, thats really nasty! Shocked

I brought my husband a samarai for one of his birthdays a few years back. It wasnt cheap but I did make sure that the blade was blunt before I brought it. They are highly dangerous and need to be treated with respect. It now hangs on our lounge wall out of reach from little hands! Even though the blade has been made blunt im sure it would still do damage if in the wrong hands. Neutral
Must say though that they are absolutely beautiful objects.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:25 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say unlucky but if you play with matches you get burnt Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1