Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street fighter!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:48 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to get some pic's of my friends next door neighbor's busa he's spent over £30,000 on it Thumbs Up

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krs wrote:
Will have to get some pic's of my friends next door neighbor's busa he's spent over £30,000 on it Thumbs Up

The trouble is, that's plumbing the depths of chavness, gauging how good a custom job is simply by how much money has been thrown down the pan at something. Spending £30,000 on a bike which is worth (now) less than £8,000 is just wrong in my books. I prefer bikes and cars to be modified to be something other than a 'look at me, I've all this cash to blow' statement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

89CBRChris
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:43 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows about this one

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/jpeg/194/3230605.jpeg

Drooling Drooling Drooling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:07 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis wrote:
Krs wrote:

The trouble is, that's plumbing the depths of chavness, gauging how good a custom job is simply by how much money has been thrown down the pan at something. Spending £30,000 on a bike which is worth (now) less than £8,000 is just wrong in my books. I prefer bikes and cars to be modified to be something other than a 'look at me, I've all this cash to blow' statement.

I agree,

89CBRChris: That's what i call a streetfighter loverlllllly Very Happy

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CBR nick, looks abit under powered. Wink Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder how much that bohemoth weighs....250+kg is my guess

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:43 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK(jesus-fuckin-krist)
look at the wheels on that, wonder what kinda power that has, as typically streetfighters have uber-torque

89CBRChris
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:39 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a blade btw,
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=1940160&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

Shocked

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One that I work on
https://www.spartgsxrspecials.com/al%20new/7.JPG

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 18:08 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To properly streetfighter a bike you need to spend thousands, have a read in 'streetfighters' magazine.

That's wrong, you havent been paying much attention from reading that mag then. Alot of jobs are done by getting whatever you can afford cheap or making something out of a sheet of ally. You dont have to spend loads, just tidy it up. Isnt there a TT600 on here being fightered? Dont think it was costing much, and to save loads of money rat it! Mr. Green

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:10 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some ppl might not know alot about building it tho so pay loads to get it done, You will probaly find more ppl who pay to have it done

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
To properly streetfighter a bike you need to spend thousands, have a read in 'streetfighters' magazine.

You really do talk shit.

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proper streetfighters need new Forks yokes subframe, tail piece yoke conversion etc etc, i wouldnt class a crashed r1 with renthals as a proper streetfighter so he isnt talking 'shit

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:48 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you want to do Dr Nick. If youve got an R1/Blade already and youre keeping it fairly standard mechanically chassis/engine wise then it's not too bad. And anyone can take an angle-grinder to a subframe and mess about with glass-fibre. Obviously lumping some RS250 forks onto a one off frame will require this stuff and is expensive.

Check the R1 in the back of the latest streetfighters mag and the guys done just that. He probably spent near enough what someone would tarting up an R1 anyway, undertray, exhaust, rearsets etc. He's just doesnt have a fairing and has Renthals then he's tidied up wiring etc.

You can fighter anything you want, as long as you do wheelies and burnouts! Mr. Green

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Nick wrote:
Proper streetfighters need new Forks yokes subframe, tail piece yoke conversion etc etc, i wouldnt class a crashed r1 with renthals as a proper streetfighter so he isnt talking 'shit

Yes he is when it comes to price. If your gonna quote me do it properly. I didn't show a crashed R1 in the pic it's a heavily modified 1100N

Yokes + bars £120

Mod'ed sub frame £300

916 seat unit £70

Polishing various bits £200

Braced standard swingarm £150

Dynojet S3+k&n £150 setup by me for free

Headlights £25

Sub cooler at my insistance £280

Paintwork £250

Pulls wheelies up to 4th, out drags a RRV blade to 95 and stays with it to 120mph.

I help with building a few, just supplied some bits to UKLee who had his last bike on the Streetfighters stand at the NEC.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 17:39 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
You really do talk shit.

Oh, so you don't need to spend thousands to create a proper streetfighter then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't. But I guess its just more modification than just ripping off the fairings and shove on renthals. Streetfighter covers a wide variety of modifications...some expensive, some not.

Thumbs Up

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 03:29 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring to that " r1 streetfighter" near the top of the thread

Its not, the blokes obviously dropped it and cant afford new fairings. It looks like a bag of shit, way out of proportion

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:18 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your definition of street fighter. If its to be some tarty bike for shows then yes you will need to spend stupid amounts of money on it. If it's to get your bike roadworthy, without things which break easily and costs lots to fix (fairings), change the handling (flat bars) then you don't have to spend stupid amounts of money.

Lots of street fighters are just for showing off rather than actually riding such as the ones in this thread.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride the orange and black one quite regularly.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not technically a street fighter, but after seeing the cool bandit pictures Dr Nick posted I thought I may as well post them. These pictures were sent to me by a couple on 200mph.org who kindly gave me a lift home after breaking down near York Raceway last year. This is Jan's Turbo Bandit. 288hp at 1.5bar or as she usually runs it 216hp at 0.4bar. Thumbs Up
https://www.divuk83.com/images/bike/turbobandit1.jpg
https://www.divuk83.com/images/bike/turbobandit2.jpg

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yellowdog
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:29 - 07 Apr 2005    Post subject: The original street fighter and still the best!! Reply with quote

Can't beat the angriest, fastest, post pissed-off bike on the planet... they call it "Monster" for a reason!

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 00:47 - 08 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Dom_ wrote:

You really do talk shit.

And...

Sickpup wrote:
Yes he is when it comes to price. If your gonna quote me do it properly. I didn't show a crashed R1 in the pic it's a heavily modified 1100N

Yokes + bars £120

Mod'ed sub frame £300

916 seat unit £70

Polishing various bits £200

Braced standard swingarm £150

Dynojet S3+k&n £150 setup by me for free

Headlights £25

Sub cooler at my insistance £280

Paintwork £250

So i talk shit for saying it costs thousands, then you give a prime example of the cost including discounted labour from yourself and it comes to £1545.

Make your fucking mind up.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 09 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know what the rules are to be classed as a streetfighter?i personally thought it was to do with personal preferences.If you go back to the early mag's they were as many sports bikes as gs500's,a gt550,several trikes,a huge 6 cylinder cb1300 and my favorite an rd350 restored to near standard with a chrome frame/swinging arm and rgv250 forks and wheel's and looked stunning.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Dom's post.

Look you little prick, thousands is 2 or more. £1545 is less than 2G

As to my free labour I have these things called friends who I do favours for.

Oh and as to your sig, if it's true why are you planning on getting a ZXR400?

Quote:
Make your fucking mind up

Now just shut the fuck up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3