Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My zxr400SP, As bourght, ideas welcome.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:54 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: My zxr400SP, As bourght, ideas welcome. Reply with quote

Hello all, great forum think il be here for quite a while!!! Very Happy

thought id start with my first post being of my bike, and see what comments i get back, cheeky as ya like!! ha ha. Laughing

i got it in October '04, its got 14k miles, no looks of being dropped and payed a good price. Ive got round to sorting a few bits on it since however now im getting more and more done as money isnt so tight anymore.

changes ive made:

lost the oval red art can (wat was the last owner thinking!) and now fitted a round chromed scorpion race can,
touched up some nasty little bits and scratches
got a new front tyre fitted, removed the tacky stickers and where it says 400 rr the r is the same pink as the ninja pink now and not orange.

changes planned:
Gonna go round for a few laps with auto-sol to bring my silver parts up nice and shiney.
Painting the rear hugger green as its black at the moment.

On order new mirrors, small indicators front and rear, smaller number plate.
numberplate bracket and numberplate light is coming off (too bulky, wanna open the rear end up a bit)
new smaller but brighter brake lights, getting some muchrooms and a gold chain (i think the green chain looks tacky Sick ) erm thats what im thinking so far.

debating changes: (still undecided)
The black on the back single seat conversion im still debating changing to white for a number to be added.
Losing the half chequared colours on the sides and having it all green or black belly pan riding up 4" each side.
new mirrors but what colour?? green or white??

any ideas welcome but im not getting a re-spray as i love the kawasaki green colour.
this is 30mins after i bourght the bike when i get some updated pics il post them see if theres a big difference or not!

Previous zxr400 - Current ZXR636 late'03
*Who ever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!*

Last edited by Sparky on 22:10 - 18 May 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:59 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice..

With the mirrors, I bolted some NC30 ones to mine.. cost £20 and bolted straight on after a bit of drilling of the mirror support (plastic upper itself does NOT need any alterations though!)

Looked wicked Cool

Click here for pic

kayran
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:32 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are those things to go from the bars to the tank? I've seen them on a few bikes. Also I have seen some bikes that just have one thin tube going onto the tank. Is that the same thing? Nice bike by the way!

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 20:33 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the air intake for the engine I suspect.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:38 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: My zxr400SP, As bourght, ideas welcome. Reply with quote

Sorry, not a fan of the tarts handbag look Smile.

Anyway, reckon you could note the avatar rules (sorry, I know it's only just over the specified sizes).

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:22 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

kayran wrote:
What are those things to go from the bars to the tank? I've seen them on a few bikes. Also I have seen some bikes that just have one thin tube going onto the tank. Is that the same thing? Nice bike by the way!

Air intakes.

The one thin tube that some bikes have are breather pipes.

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:09 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
Very nice..

With the mirrors, I bolted some NC30 ones to mine.. cost £20 and bolted straight on after a bit of drilling of the mirror support (plastic upper itself does NOT need any alterations though!)

Looked wicked Cool

hmmmm.... good idea will look into that have you anymore pics with them on from a different angle??

and "G" ive changed the Avatar! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like it, but that end can really needs to go Wink

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:00 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
I quite like it, but that end can really needs to go Wink

as stated in first post its gone man!!, its outa here!!
in fact it was the first thing to disappear on the bike, the shame thing about it though was that it sounded awesome! just looked hideous!

selling it on ebay soon and here in the trade section....

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 13:43 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky wrote:
hmmmm.... good idea will look into that have you anymore pics with them on from a different angle??

Various pictures here:

https://www.bikepics.com/members/yamswheelyr1/94zxr400/

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:04 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea looks really good, its a great idea and "different" and thats what you want from time to time, to stand out!

nice bike too, cheers for the info Yams, much appreciated. Wink

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:46 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good that mate !!!

good job you got rid of that can! Thumbs Up that was just wrong! Wink

i'd go for the green mirrors, that white looks a bit mad? i like the black on the seat!! looks a bit like a zxr7 Thumbs Up cool

BlueNinja
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:14 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sparky.. lovely bike Thumbs Up Im a ZXR'r aswell Laughing

Check my sig for pics and project ideas..

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:43 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueNinja wrote:
Hey sparky.. lovely bike Thumbs Up Im a ZXR'r aswell Laughing

Check my sig for pics and project ideas..

was looking yesterday at your work, youve done a fantastic job, and some great ideas. Wink

Have you any ideas or are you going to change your rear brake light at all? im wanting to change mine but obviously to something thats going to be bright and different thats not "zxr brakelight". I just fancy something different........... but as ever dont know what. Neutral

does anyone know someone thats had a go at this, and are there pictures as to how it ended up!

cheers

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 23:49 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know my zxr is better. Wink

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:45 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zxr400er wrote:
We all know my zxr is better. Wink

But mine is red and that means mine is better. Razz Mr. Green

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:03 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done some stuff but ground to a halt as the head gasket went last weekend and ive nearly built it back up just another 45mins worth of work and and oil change, then the panels back on and il give her a run out see how she goes!

ive changed the back end and added since new:

new number plate, new exhaust, rear indicators, rear hugger has been sprayed green, added green bolts from pro-bolt and also stuff you cant see, like new front tyre, brake pads, spark plugs, oil change (this friday), new head gasket, waxed chain and cleaned, yoke protector, front indicators yet to get photos of but there on and there mini!

pics below

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 01:05 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your plate aims back into the bike to much IMO, Bend the bracket a little (it's what I did)

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:54 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a radical idea. How about keeping a ZXR400 completely, totally standard? Wink I'm sure it must have been done at some point in the past by someone. Smile

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 07:22 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I've seen that ZXR on here at some point before, oh well, I might be wrong we have a lot of them around here.

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 09:47 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you go out and ride it and get rid of those chicken strips aswell. Laughing

https://www.ermaxuk.co.uk/pictures/bikePart_301.jpg

You want this! Cool

Last edited by Jrod on 09:54 - 19 May 2005; edited 1 time in total

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 09:51 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus! Only just noticed them! Stop being an uber tart and actually ride the thing! Is it possible to have chicken strips that large? Confused Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Jesus! Only just noticed them! Stop being an uber tart and actually ride the thing! Is it possible to have chicken strips that large? Confused Razz

I think it is possible to have them larger than that! Embarassed

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zxr400er wrote:
How about you go out and ride it and get rid of those chicken strips aswell. Laughing

You chee.............why i orta'!Evil or Very Mad

as said, i have been doing small mods, i took these pics hence pics were taken about 4 5 weeks ago and after i was done i took it out up to Hartside and Langholme and blew the headgasket!, so when thats sorted and i get out again il take some pics just of my back tyre just for you! and you want some of me sliders too?? Laughing lol
only kidding bud. just being sarky.........

anyways back to the bike, yea the number plate could do with a bend in the right direction ive never noticed it, it doesnt look bad in reality, but the pic does seem to show it doesnt it.

not doing many more additions, just gonna ride it now the suns shining most weekends, plus its good to use while i save for my '04 636 that ive got planned.

Dont really want to sell this bike as its sooo mint and i love it for fun value but out of curiosity, its on a J plate and 14,000miles approx what do you think its worth as it stands roughly?? and its an SP .........any ideas??
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1