Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

finally got my rs125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: finally got my rs125 Reply with quote

after weeks of searching for a second hand one, and not even getting to see one, i gave up and got a new one. i am going very slow and am abit crap as i stall and my gear changes are sometimes bad. my arms and hands are aching and i gotta get use to a few things, but its great. the dealers were great throughout by really helping me out on finding insurance. they also gave me discounts, but what was really nice was some guy who basically went through a cbt for me and even took me home.

www.theapriliacentre.com is where i got it from.

https://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=7075f4634a305

https://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=7078f3a0cb812

Last edited by MinhDinh on 21:41 - 22 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 21:40 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Thumbs Up Enjoy and ride safe

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new 2005 model! Surprised

She's a bobby dazzler! Please keep the rubber side down, she's too gorgeous to go dropping. Very expensive machines too, but will hold its value very well if you treat it with care. Cool

Take it easy and enjoy the bike!

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 23:15 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh the brand spanking new one, nice one mate.

Make sure you run it in properly, and warm it up to 60 degrees before taking it above 6k rpm Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TomC
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:43 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No advice from me im afraid!
Very nice bike though, look after it and ride safe.
Happy riding Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:51 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2005 colours are the best. Seriously I wasn't a great fan of RS colours schemes until now. Beautiful. Very Happy
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride- don't ride in the snow, especially IF YOU LIVE IN LONDON -watch out for roundbouts as the fairing is too spunk to get spunked on by road crud. Colours are very loud (depending on your taste, but i feel it's verging on extreme), still, enjoy it... Treat her well and remember why you got it as opposed to other 125s!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 00:10 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Envyyyyyyyyy Wink Mr. Green

Enjoy...don't drop her !! Idea

Not a fan of red bikes...blue for me every time...but that is a damned nice bike.

Be safe..

Jo xxx

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! what a stunning Nissan micra that is Laughing ! No but being serious now,that is one very very nice looking bike. Im very jelous,keep her washed during this weather with cold water and look after her and safe riding.

p.s be careful yeah?!

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, you got the thundercats rep. Very Happy Drive careful in the crappy weather, last thing you need is to come off it!

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:24 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

not been a big fan of the paint schemes before but that is sweet as Thumbs Up

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i really like it too, even though the other colour scheme may look better (pic from the internet site). i am ait unlucky with the bits of snow today so i didn't take it to work. shame really as it would be my first sort of "ride" alone. i am definately going to take it easy as i have no experience on the road, which was abit daunting and am not entirely use to riding yet. hopefully the weather improves tomorrow. Smile

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great my friend Very Happy Thumbs Up
Treat her well and she'll treat you well Smile

G2f
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: well i accidentally made a piece of my front mudguard chip off as i forgot i had a damn disc lock ^^.

wednesday: had snow so i didn't dare risk riding as i know i am crap.

thursday: i decided to go to work. this was the worse decision of my life as i stalled at about 10/12 traffic lights. it was so embarassing at first, but then by the 10th or so time i was just demoralised. on the 9 time i stalled i was at the busiest junction on the journey, which was always going to be the "big one". i stopped to a stand still and was hoping i got it right here because it was almost like a goal to make it. unfortunately i stalled when it was red. i saw a little kid in a car staring at me so i felt some pressure, and when green came i stalled. i thought fuckkkkkkkkkkk, but then calmed myself down. i waited for the next green lights to come and i also stalled. 3-4 minutes at one spot made me so pissed, but i did the right thing and took the bike to the side of another road. i let it stay in neutral while trying to calm myself down. some biker saw me and said if i am alright. i said "yeah, apart from i am stalling everytime" he said "give it some revs as its a 2 stroke". i tried to get the biting point and move off, but by this time i lost all composure and couldn't do anything. i walked it across the junction with all eyes on me. i hated the feeling. the next bit went quite well with only stalled a few times for only a few secs. 6 o'clock was time to go home. i couldn't start the bike and called my boss for advice on why i can't start. he said if i still get trouble call him to come. i did have more trouble so i phoned him to come. he concluded that the baterry was dead so i had to push start him. it worked and he went round warming it up for me. the bike was okay afterwards apart from a few second stalls.

friday: in the morning at 7 am i woke up thinking about the previous day. i felt like burning the bike for insurance. i hated it, but got ready for a practice ride. the damn bike had no juice and i looked at the manual to try and charge the baterry. i was confused so pushed the bike 400 metres to the other branch (i work for an opticians). it was damn hard work i can tell you. i got there at 12 ish. when my boss had the chance at 2-3pm he took the baterry ou and charged it, which i was abit anxious to do. 3 hours later he warmed it up and told me how to properly start the bike when cold, warm etc. he also told me how to move from a stand still. after i didn't do too badly and rode about 2-3 miles. i got home and felt really good. he said charge the baterry over night.

today: i didn't charge the baterry because i felt the bike would start okay and it did. i got to work with only one stall at the "big one" which was ironic. however it stalled when i was just passed it. i felt proud that after 1 dreadful day, and then a practice day, i was almost perfect at not stalling. at 6 pm i warmed the bike up. rode about 200 metres and stalled. the bike had no juice. i asked some guys to push me and tried to start, but it didn't. i pushed it back to work and luckily my other boss was there and took the baterry out for me. he stayed and put it back in and the bike ran like a beast. well a beast for a 125 :p now i am charging the baterry over night like i should of yesterday.

tomorrow: hopefully i can improve to the standard of moto gp huh?

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the problem with stalling my 4t 125 all of the time!(only for the first day!

I found that I had been going wrong by letting the clutch all the way out to soon! I was letting it out as soon as I found the biting point, and not holding it at the biting point until I had pulled away, and gotten enough revs.

You may find that this is your problem? Question Idea

Enjoy the riding mate! Thumbs Up

Looks nice, and always warm it up! May mean that if you are gonna be late you will want to get straight on and ride, but just make sure you keep it at below 6k rpm.

Also, as it is your first geared bike I would suggest that you ask about chain lubrication and adjustment to save problems. And also top it up with the best oil!

I would suspect that buying a tub of 4ltr Two stroke fully synth from castrol wouldnt cost a huge amount, and will also last a while.

Skimping on oil on a 2 stroke may cause a very expensive repair bill.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:13 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky with stalling,i had that problem,just stay calm rev to 3 k and slowly let the clutch out at the same time easing more throttle and be on your way.It'll come to you within a couple of weeks riding. It has for me at long last Laughing

Kye
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:34 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude its a bleedin 2 stroke, rev to 8-9k and hold it as you set off. As you let the clutch out slowly, try to keep the revs constant until your fully moving.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kye's right, rag the f*cker, 2 strokes are slags for a thrashing.

Gaz

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also brand new and as everyone knows, 2 strokes require careful running in or you could cause damage.

Pulling away just takes time to master, as you spend more time on the bike and become more confident. Sure you'll get angry with yourself, but just stick at it and dont let it get you down. We all have to start somewhere. Smile

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 23:56 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
Its also brand new and as everyone knows, 2 strokes require careful running in or you could cause damage.

Pulling away just takes time to master, as you spend more time on the bike and become more confident. Sure you'll get angry with yourself, but just stick at it and dont let it get you down. We all have to start somewhere. Smile

Ah, forgot about that.

Wait 'til it's carefully run in, then thrash it Twisted Evil, I assume it's a very different beast to whatever you took your CBT on.

You'll also find as you get to the biting point you'll have to increase throttle to keep the revs steady. You can't just hold the throttle and let the clutch out, unless you keep the revs very high to accommodate for the amount it'll drop once the power starts getting down to the back wheel.

Gaz

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be known im scared of setting off at anymore revs than 3k and 4.5 k on a hill. I dont wanna wheely it and fall off! Will it be ok to rev that high n let the clutch out?

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be known im scared of setting off at anymore revs than 3k and 4.5 k on a hill. I dont wanna wheely it and fall off! Will it be ok to rev that high n let the clutch out?

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:29 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 01:54 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find it hard to wheely a 125 if you try, also no need to say it three times. Wink

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even on a uphill its ok to rev it up to 6k and let the clutch out? Sorry its my aol connection keeps doing it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2