Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rossi shows us how to ride winter style!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 15:43 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Rossi shows us how to ride winter style! Reply with quote

If anyone has managed this during the winter, hats off to you.... Thumbs Up

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your yellow blob!!!!!!!1

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are looking at there is pure testicular fortitude. Or having HOOOGE balls!

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 18:20 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or having an incredibly expensive and brilliant handling bike complete with the best wets available and the best thing is, that if you bin it, it wont cost you a penny. Thumbs Up

If someone gave me a track, leathers, bike and lid then i'd at least /try/ to do that. No point in even trying on your own bike, not worth the risk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
Or having an incredibly expensive and brilliant handling bike complete with the best wets available and the best thing is, that if you bin it, it wont cost you a penny. Thumbs Up

If someone gave me a track, leathers, bike and lid then i'd at least /try/ to do that. No point in even trying on your own bike, not worth the risk.

I think also, that it might have something to do with him being the best rider on the planet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 20:08 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom

We aint talking about a 12bhp 125 here. Hes riding a 250bhp bike that weighs less than 150kg. And if you knew anything about racing in moto gp believe me he gives a shit about staying on the bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:31 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
I think also, that it might have something to do with him being the best rider on the planet?

the guy is a genius on a bike!
sheer class and a joy to watch i hope he doesnt give up GP like rumours say! Praying

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 13:17 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugsy46 wrote:
Dom

We aint talking about a 12bhp 125 here. Hes riding a 250bhp bike that weighs less than 150kg. And if you knew anything about racing in moto gp believe me he gives a shit about staying on the bike

Are we not?? My bad.

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:

Rossi is probably riding quicker there in the wet than you'll ever ride, including the dry, on any bike!!!!
To see the master at work in the flesh is astounding, i took 30+ photo's at Assen last year and not 1 has got his bike on until the celebration lap,, he was too fast for my shutter speed. Shocked

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 13:41 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny 'XX' wrote:
Rossi is probably riding quicker there in the wet than you'll ever ride, including the dry, on any bike!!!!
To see the master at work in the flesh is astounding, i took 30+ photo's at Assen last year and not 1 has got his bike on until the celebration lap,, he was too fast for my shutter speed. Shocked

WHoaaoh calm down.

Whats all this about?? I never said i was as quick as rossi, and i know i will never ride to half the standard he rides at!!

I was just saying it's easier to push the limits on a bike you don't have to pay for.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:34 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from the ESS day I went to, suspect these people were the MRO test, as we were with instructors and going slowly at the beggining of the day.
Not pushing it quite as much as Rossi, but yes that is standing water on the first pic and snow on the edges of the track!

https://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/snet_bike_testing/photos/photo56.html

https://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/snet_bike_testing/photos/photo70.html

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:22 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so sorry for you poor cold people in the U.K. it's a total disgrace to see people riding on a trackday with snow and water on the track Crying or Very sad when was the last time any of you went to the beach?

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Taken from the ESS day I went to, suspect these people were the MRO test, as we were with instructors and going slowly at the beggining of the day.
Not pushing it quite as much as Rossi, but yes that is standing water on the first pic and snow on the edges of the track!

https://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/snet_bike_testing/photos/photo56.html

https://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/snet_bike_testing/photos/photo70.html

You didn't mention this one though! Confused

https://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/snet_bike_testing/photos/photo99.html

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOFLY 636 wrote:
I feel so sorry for you poor cold people in the U.K. it's a total disgrace to see people riding on a trackday with snow and water on the track Crying or Very sad when was the last time any of you went to the beach?

The beach? The beach... hmmm... yes, I've heard of that somewhere before, I'm sure Confused

The actual answer? Nearly a year ago in the Maldives. You don't think I'm going in this country do you?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:42 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

when was the last time any of you went to the beach?

Livid in Papua New Guinea between 2 and 8 years old, got pretty bored of it then; and we didn't go that often either Smile.

Also, in the UK we're never more than 70 miles away from the sea!
Can't say that in Oz can you? Razz

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Also, in the UK we're never more than 70 miles away from the sea!Can't say that in Oz can you? Razz

Yeah, but our beaches aren't worth going too!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:46 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sssshhhhhh

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:09 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god! I can't imagine living there, I can hit a golf ball into the ocean from where I am! well I could if I could bounce it off the road for 500 meters Laughing I am so suprised that a country with such awful weather has so many motorcyclists, you all brave the cold and risk the hazardous riding conditions, well done to you all for getting out there Clapping

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just not pussies like you Aussie blokes.

And we don't sleep with our best mates girlfriend Laughing (remember the XXXX advert?)

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:21 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We're just not pussies like you Aussie blokes.

hey hey hey! we're exconvicts here mate Twisted Evil a country made from the scum from england! Laughing

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:24 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point.

But I'm from Scotland Wink Laughing

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:34 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

from scotland eh? you were a kilt? Laughing every time I see a person from scotland I imagine a picture I seen in a copy of superbike magazine, it is a scotsman ridind a honda ST1300 in a kilt popping a big mono Clapping

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOFLY 636 wrote:
I am so suprised that a country with such awful weather has so many motorcyclists, you all brave the cold and risk the hazardous riding conditions, well done to you all for getting out there Clapping

It's what we're used to. Doesn't stop me cursing evertime it rains at weekends though. Or when they cancel trackdays (tomorrow!) because of bloody snow Evil or Very Mad

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
But I'm from Scotland Wink Laughing

Pah, even worse! Razz

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:12 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Convicts to the South...The retards to the North. Innit. Cool Laughing *No offence

It aint all that bad, in the summer we do get a couple of good days, but you can't beat the great British roads, not long boring roads like in Oz.

Also in West Bay about 15 miles from here the bikers flock to it in the summer with their bikes on the quay in the summer, will take some pics for you to drool over in the winter over there. Thumbs Up Very Happy
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 28 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2