Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rossi shows us how to ride winter style!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
It aint all that bad, in the summer we do get a couple of good days, but you can't beat the great British roads, not long boring roads like in Oz.

Have you been to Oz? Ohh, the long winding coast roads Drooling

You're right they're not like our roads; in a mile here you'll see two kamakazee cats, four blind fiesta drivers, fifteen assorted rep-mobiles, a handful of 4x4 clad school-run bound mums, a dozen articulated lorries, three caravans, ten potholes, a couple of drains, three diesel spills and twenty pounds of cow shit left by a tractor!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:01 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It aint all that bad, in the summer we do get a couple of good days, but you can't beat the great British roads, not long boring roads like in Oz.

I am really keen to sample one of those great roads I see so much of in the performance bikes DVD's but one thing always sits in my mind, how can you see around those continuously twisty roads? I have a couple of agricultural areas near my town, there are many really twisty roads within them but I am not confident or risky enough to attack them knee first! Shocked

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people riding them on the DVDs have undoubtedly ridden them more than a few times before, so know exactly what the roads are going to do. Of course, they're probably being too reckless to consider whether there's cow shit, a parked car, tractor, whatever just around the blind bend, but I shouldn't have though they would just fly into an unknown road getting knee down.

The thing to do it is just to try them, there's no need to try to go super quickly when you don't know the roads, if anything I'd say that'd be counter productive and risky. Just take them at your own pace, I'm sure you know the feeling coming out of a corner and realising you could have gone far faster; it's much better than that where you have the realisation that you're going far too quickly in the corner...

Corners mmm, goood. Drooling That's partly because I can't go any faster than 60mph of course though. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:33 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that you're asking how to ride blind corners?

Its easy. you just hope.

I can't think of a single corner on any of the twisty roads around here that isn't blind. You need to trust your brakes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2