Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Into Wales on my zxr400!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Into Wales on my zxr400! Reply with quote

After a long 6 months I finally took the plunge and put my zxr400L on the road.

I thought for my first ride I better make it a good one....

So off i went heading for wales passing 3 speed traps along the way! Here are some photos attached of my little adventure. I will be getting some video footage from these roads later on in the year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I want a go on those roads!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 20:53 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pictures!

Silver wrote:
want a go on those roads!

Not the horse shoe pass you don't, over policed and about half a mile long, the rest are good though!

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:09 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scenery looks amazing, where abouts in Wales is it? North or South? Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 21:21 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its north wales, south west of Wrexham at a place called Llangollen

https://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strLocation=Llangollen&strCountry=eur&google=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thumbs Up Cool

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:45 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

214 miles from my place. Don't think i'll be going there yet. Razz

Ah well the pictures are amazing. Thumbs Up
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very smart photo's, looks like a good place to ride as well. I'd probably get distracted by the nice views and ride off the cliff or something daft! Laughing

The bike is lovely too, especially the can. No doubt it growls nicely! Looking into an ART myself, just need to find one at the right price. Smile

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llangollen is one of the most beautiful places i have ever had the pleasure of going to!
Went there in 1991 when i was 11yrs.
Your pictures are ace dude!! Cool

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 01:04 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best memories was riding up there last winter on my cbr250 and I found snow!

Needless to say I took a photo which I have now framed and is kept on my bedroom wall Cool

Here it is attached below...

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:25 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that last one is really quite beautiful... If you ever go to live abroad or stop riding bikes, then that picture would make a brilliant memento of your life now Thumbs Up

I've tried a few excursions into the peakdistrict looking for scenery just like that, but with no real luck. I've only found one breath-taking view which was outside of Castleton where there's some organised cavern/cave exploring things. The road leading down to one of them goes steeply downhill with craggy rocks/cliffs on either side. It took my breath away when I road down on my bike, though I couldn't find any where appropriate to stop to take it in properly, and there was a fair amount of traffic on the road(minibusses of hikers etc). The whole area around Mam Tor is nice, but it just doesn't compare to what you've got photographed. I can think of a few other stunning scenes in the Peaks, but not that accessible(start of the Penine way is really beautiful, in a desolate kind of way).

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 10:52 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

B@stard, I'm Jealous.

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

that picture is pure art right there Razz

wish i could do something like that, looks alot of fun and ver rewarding.

Steve.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not too far from me, if I'd known you were going there for a ride, I may have got out of bed this morning. Thumbs Up

Let us know next time you go (Should have my ZXR4L back soon). Thumbs Up

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance! Yay Mike, lovely photos you got there!!! Dance!

So did you enjoy the ride, or was it just for photo gathering??? Razz

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 00:11 - 10 Mar 2005    Post subject: Re: Into Wales on my zxr400! Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
I will be getting some video footage from these roads later on in the year.

Footage now arrived! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=43793

And yes Helen, my ride was very pleasant, I still miss the cbr250 however the zxr4 is alot smother to ride, with better acceleration and overtaking power. The suspension on the zxr is much stiffer which i'm also liking!

gimpy limp
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:08 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

where too in wales did u go? pretty much everywhere here in south wales look like that. when I get my bike first thing i'm doing is going for a ride across all these types of places with a bunch of us (if the weather ever desides to hold for more than 1 day)

shellshock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:57 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures are lovely, but strange.

Looks like your bike has a mind all of its own, and went for a jollie all on its own .... maybe I'm a touch pished Rolling Eyes

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 12:58 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on its own because all the midlander lot are pussies. I have found if I want to go a ride I have to go alone cause the rest of them are all skint/lazy/at work/scared Wink

I consider my self lucky if they join me for one ride a year let alone once a week.

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 14:26 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
I have found if I want to go a ride I have to go alone cause the rest of them are all skint/lazy/ at work /scared Wink

We can't help it if you're a lazy bum! Razz

shellshock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:57 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was on its own because all the midlander lot are pussies. I have found if I want to go a ride I have to go alone cause the rest of them are all skint/lazy/at work/scared"

If you ever want some company, yell, we are usually up for last minute rides, long and short.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:05 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Photos! And the roads look amazing too. I wouldnt mind a go, but at 60mph flat out, I think id be better off going in my Mini rather than my Scooter.

Hmm, I wonder how the mini would handle those roads Laughing
It does have mini lite sports wheels and sports suspension Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1