BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My new arse

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:02 - 19 Mar 2005    Post subject: My new arse Reply with quote

Ive been tidying up the rear of my bandit! i have chopped off that nasty mudguard thing and fitted an after market bracket with mini indicators! smaller number plate is on the way too Cool

Oh and hopefully jacking it up tomorrow Thumbs Up

What do you think?

PS. dont laugh at my chicken strips Im a noob Embarassed

Last edited by El_Bandido on 16:59 - 22 Mar 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 19 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt look half bad. Thumbs Up

Was planning to do something similar, but I come to the conclusion.. I cant be bothered. Razz

I too wanted to fit smaller indicators, especially on the front, but they dont bother me so no need to spend cash on them. Just waiting til next month when I can afford a new can. Razz

Still, it looks good, may do something similar in time.

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken strips?? wtf?! lol i have absolutely no idea what that is Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:22 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers keith. i just bought an R-send bracket and chopped the rest off with a saw Laughing indicators cost me £15 all in from ebay Thumbs Up

Kaben, cicken strips are the bits on the tyre i havent used yet Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:22 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint!!

Im on with the same job but on a zxr400, got a massive lump of black plastic to get rid of and its becoming a tricky number!

well done with yours buddy! looks shweeeet! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Beef
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mate has just fit a R6 arse and high level can to his bandit and it looks really trick i like the looks of this tho, it looks nice and tidy

p.s chicken strips are nothin, its hard to completely get rid of them on the road Thumbs Up

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:01 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys!

Id like a high level can too at some point.

Glad to here that about the strips. i lean a fair bit and would probably fall off before i get to the edges of the tyre Smile

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:10 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky wrote:
Mint!!

Im on with the same job but on a zxr400, got a massive lump of black plastic to get rid of and its becoming a tricky number!

well done with yours buddy! looks shweeeet! Thumbs Up

mate to get the zxr's arse lookin like that u need an ermax undertray

but yes bandido thats cool, v smart

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:17 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately the stock indicators on the Bandit aren't all that big anyway. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:19 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

those indicators are stock??

the ones on my rs and that were on my ZXR could sink ships

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Fortunately the stock indicators on the Bandit aren't all that big anyway. Smile

The ones on the new bandits are a little smaller, and they dont poke out too far on the front of the bandit-S. But the ones on the older model (mine) look huge on the front but not out of place on the back. Wouldnt mind chopping down the front indies but:
1. I like other road users being able to see where I'm going.
2. I cant be bothered. Laughing
Might look into one of those R-send brackets myself, just to tidy up its bum a little, but a new can is still top of the list. Razz

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:59 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah they are aftermarket ones

These are the stock ones...
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:32 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock ones are HUUUUGE

I have my new plate orderred Thumbs Up Cool

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:45 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah will be ordering a small plate soon. Smile

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like small plates, but dont see the point in one as you're just asking for the £30 fine. I'll be getting a new plate soon, but only because I want one with the GB/Euro thing on the side, legal requirement for riding in europe, well its better than those big GB stickers. Smile

If I had that kind of disposable income then I probably would, but until then, its staying as is. Not that big anyway.

https://img29.exs.cx/img29/2637/copyofpict00188nm.jpg

Just that huge plate bracket, needs a trim. Razz

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is on bandit talk and my expectations are coming down on what my next bike will be (no offence intended, sorry), can you get dual exhausts for the bandit 600? I'd be looking at high level dual exhausts, one on each side. Are they a custom job or is there a manufacturer that sells them? Smile

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:06 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twin exhausts can be done. see here: https://www.socweb.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21166&PN=4

My number plate is only 7x5 so wont look as obvious as some of the really small ones Thumbs Up

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great my friend Thumbs Up , also the twin can on a bandit looks awesome Twisted Evil

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers el_bandido, the twin exhaust looks superb Very Happy Only thing that annoys me about that is that you'd have to remove the centre stand. Thumbs Up Crying or Very sad

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Only thing that annoys me about that is that you'd have to remove the centre stand.

Get an older Bandit and you wont have that problem. Razz

Well, mine doesnt have the centre stand, dont know if its meant to though. Confused

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 22 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
instigator wrote:
Only thing that annoys me about that is that you'd have to remove the centre stand.

Get an older Bandit and you wont have that problem. Razz

Well, mine doesnt have the centre stand, dont know if its meant to though. Confused

It's not taking it off thats the problem, I want a centre stand Very Happy

The twin exhausts make it look amazing though. Makes me want one. Almost.

Wink

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:44 - 25 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaben wrote:
chicken strips?? wtf?! lol i have absolutely no idea what that is Confused

Also known as Fanny lines.
Only downside to having them is if you do take a corner low. The fanny line / chicken strip is fresh rubber and has much less grip! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 02:13 - 25 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at my rear ped tyre today and I still have a single line of them pimples sticking out, I really MUST get rid of them before I sell. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1