Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Baby bandit- anyone else got one?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

bandit-boy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:21 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: My Baby bandit- anyone else got one? Reply with quote

here is a pic of my Bandit400. it is a 1996 model, but only had 2000 miles on the clock when i got it.
https://www.theundertaking.com/usr/CVR/bikes/rightside.jpg

as I am a newbie, it is 33bhp restricted which is fine, but i am beginning to notice, and get annoyed by some flat spots.

so, anyone else here got one?

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:39 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums mate, that is the first Bandit 400 I have ever seen. Looking good. I have one of the 600 Bandit variety. Restricted to 33BHP, though need to pass test yet. Laughing

Looks good for a 96 bike though. Thumbs Up
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bandit-boy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:27 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Very Happy
as far as i know, bandit4's are very rare in this country, that is why i would like to know if anyone else has one.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:34 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandit-boy wrote:
thanks Very Happy
as far as i know, bandit4's are very rare in this country, that is why i would like to know if anyone else has one.

I had one, pile of shite, ugly and crap...rode it for 1 hr sold it and got a ZXR400!!!!!! However your one looks a LOT better, great condition, best looking bandit 400 I've seen..

bandit-boy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:50 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you expand on what is not good about them?
- i would like to know more about them, and how they compare to other bikes. it is my first "proper" bike, so i cannot really compare it to anyting. From what i can tell, the suspension is a bit on the cheep side. for example the rear suspension is very soft when you first get on it (it sinks quite a bit, and i am not very heavy) but riding, it sometimes feels like it is really hard.

A common upgrade for these bikes is to replace the suspension with that found on the GSXR's maybe i should consider doing this when i have money again?

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent really seen many Bandit4's around. I believe most of them are imported. Thinking

I'm running a Bandit 6 which is also 33bhp limited and a 96 model. Its just totally sluggish to ride with a tiny amount of power. I'm bored of it after about a month of riding the thing. On the bright side, its being de-restricted on Tuesday, also have a race can which needs fitting as it sounds pretty awful as standard. Laughing

The 400 does look cute though, very smart machine. Not much difference to the 600 by the looks of things. Only thing that puts me off yours is the pillion grab rail. Stands out too much, but that could be removed to look considerably nicer. Thumbs Up Cool

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:52 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandit-boy wrote:
could you expand on what is not good about them?
- i would like to know more about them, and how they compare to other bikes. it is my first "proper" bike, so i cannot really compare it to anyting. From what i can tell, the suspension is a bit on the cheep side. for example the rear suspension is very soft when you first get on it (it sinks quite a bit, and i am not very heavy) but riding, it sometimes feels like it is really hard.

A common upgrade for these bikes is to replace the suspension with that found on the GSXR's maybe i should consider doing this when i have money again?

Mine was just crap condition, poorly made, doesn't age very well unless looked after 100%... it was probably just the bike I had, I don't know but I wouldn't buy another, even if it was brand new! Laughing

DynaMight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness to what Yams said they are made to a budget, So if poorly maintained, left out in the rain etc they wont look to great after a few years. Fantastic bikes for the price though, I mean £3500ish for a brand new one, You cant go wrong.

I do have a soft spot for Bandits and most other naked bikes for that matter, Add some twin headlights, a bellypan, a loud endcan, buy yourself a black helmet,leathers and a tinted visor then you're all ready to terrorise the streets Smile

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 03 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said it before and I'll say it again chriss - Cracking bike Thumbs Up

You'll have to haul yourself up to the bmf peterborough show Very Happy

goofrad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:07 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzuki bandit owners club look their they will be able to help you
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1