Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 19 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Shaun wrote:
You may have to, some fool told my mum they attract mice so shes getting all pissy. Rolling Eyes

Nah. She's getting confused with cheese.

That'll be them welsh rabbits then...

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:04 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Bazza,

I'm trying to decide whether to groan or giggle.

EDIT/ NOTE TO SELF: I must think before I type Embarassed

wildcat
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:24 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

stick her in a box and post her to me. by the time she gets here she'll be so glad to be away from royal mail she''ll be as good as gold.

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a serious note, rabbits can make very good house pets.

I know of two families who have had rabbits as house pets, in one case living alongside a Jack Russell dog, without any problems. They can be trained to use a cat litter, so a garden is not necessary.

Might be worth considering. Have a look at https://www.rabbit.org

Thumbs Up

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister keeps two house rabbits without any problems. When she only had one she used to keep him in his hutch during the day when she was at work, and leave him free to roam around when she was in the house. Now she has a second, they have a room where they're shut in when she's out.

With two of them, they're a bit less social and the second rabbit doesn't like people very much. However the first one still loves attention and will antagonise anyone who goes in her house.

I suppose it depends how often you're out the house, as one rabbit will get lonely on its lonesome. If you stay in alot and have lots of visitors, your rabbit will get very tame very quickly.

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a very tame rabbit when I was a teenager, it was house trained and used to come to me when I called it's name. It was more like a dog!

Anyway, I spent some time with Bunnykins last night and bonded with her. She loves her ears tickled.

I'm going to see how she gets on when I move, I know she and my cat need to get to know each other a bit better before I leave her to roam the house.

Otherwise if a genuine offer of rehoming comes along I will probably still accept it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:24 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't cats eat rabbits? I know my cats do. Laughing

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 17:26 - 20 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer it the bottom shelf of my oven. All mod-cons, heating/lighting included and fan assistance.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 23 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the rabbits which attract mice and rats, it's the easy food. Rats were a regular problem when we had rabbits and guinea pigs, always stealing their food (despite our best efforts to make the hutches ratproof and storing the food in ratproof containers Evil or Very Mad).

Since they killed the guinea pig (literally turned it inside out and ate various bits of it) and attacked the rabbit giving it infected wounds and fleas, killing it in the end too, they've not bothered coming back, as there's no food about.

I think part of the problem was the 19th century coachhouse and stable attached to the house though. Brick cobbles laid on sand (perhaps mortar) were too easy to dig underneath and the doors weren't dog proof, let alone rat proof. They had great fun nesting in a carpet which was being stored there. Evil or Very Mad

Still, I've had to clear away enough dead ones (5 at the last count) from the poison, and my mum chopped one almost in two with a spade. Which was nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:19 - 23 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise I wont put it in a pie, just feed it to my python insted Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:20 - 23 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise I wont put it in a pie, just feed it to my python instead Thumbs Up

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 26 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny has moved house and now has a lovely view of a brick wall in my yard. Crying or Very sad

No gate at the moment means that I can't let her out for now. She's still up for grabs to a SUITABLE owner. Wink

I killed a bunny this morning in my car, it's my first ever road kill. I tried to brake but the silly thing turned back and I heard a splat on my bumper. I saw a pile of fluff and blood in my rear view mirror. Not very nice. Thumbs Down

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 16:19 - 26 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

karen_moomin wrote:
I tried to brake but the silly thing turned back and I heard a splat on my bumper. I saw a pile of fluff and blood in my rear view mirror. Not very nice. Thumbs Down

Not the brightest creatures on the planet are they, reach the kerb and turn around for another go Confused.........Silly! I'm just glad my suicidal bunny encounter was on an empty road in the AM hours so I could swerve past safely. The amount of road kill I see has sky rocketed in the last month! Sad

So............Whens the house warming?! Wink

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 26 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

karen_moomin wrote:

I killed a bunny this morning in my car, it's my first ever road kill. I tried to brake but the silly thing turned back and I heard a splat on my bumper. I saw a pile of fluff and blood in my rear view mirror. Not very nice. Thumbs Down

Mate i know has hit every animal ive known lol, hes hit 2 cats in his saxo, 1 squashed its head, he hit a dog and made the owner pay for a new bumper Laughing , hit a deer in his golf and it took the air con radiator with it, hes had a few pheasents under the front wheels too Laughing .

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nighteyes wrote:
So............Whens the house warming?! Wink

You're welcome round whenever you like dear. Now that we are practically neighbours to what we were before!

I feel all lonely and isolated now I've moved away from my home town, ok so it's not a million miles away but it has and will change things. Crying or Very sad

thuganomics16
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 09 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you still looking for a new home for whatshisface the missus is doing my head in, she was looking over my shoulder and she wants it. Rolling Eyes its the only way to keeo her quiet....

ok so lied, hes cute is he still looking for a new home? Very Happy

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 09 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rabbit is still up for grabs to a suitable owner who will promise to love her and give her more freedom than I can.

I will be advertising in The Sentinel soon but would prefer not to go that route if a fellow BCF'er wants her.

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 10 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he hit a dog and made the owner pay for a new bumper

funny as that is, on a serious point. a dogs owner can be held liabal under these situations. so if it ever happens to you. a usefull pointer is that home insurance legal cover will often include this scenario (it does with all rbs insurance owned companies policies!)

boring i know, but it may be useful one day!

Paul

thuganomics16
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi am seriously intersted in your rabbit for my little brother as he has been going on about it for ages now...is he/she still up for grabs?

thuganomics16
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

doh, just realised your the other side of the country. sorry

Richard1987
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:29 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

royal mail. standard delivery Twisted Evil
nah, i like rabbits but i got too many pets

Xavier1337
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:42 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it 2-stroke or 4-stroke.....? whats the condition like.....? much damage??

also what does it come with..?

LMAO
cheers
Xav
Razz

2t-Screamer
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:59 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier1337 wrote:
is it 2-stroke or 4-stroke.....?

LOL its a 2 stroke and you wanna see how fast it motors across the kitchen floor when the power valve opens Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2