Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RX125 Must Go

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:54 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: [FOR SALE] Aprilia RX125 Must Go [FOR SALE] Reply with quote

Going to have to sell my RX125 to fund my bike test.

It's a full power Import with a 34mm carb and powervalve, which means it gives 34bhp of power. 1995 M reg model with just over 13000km (about 8000 Miles) on the clock. 5 months MOT and will have 12 months TAX (Only £15 a year!!).

It also has, fully adjustable USD forks, fully adjustable rear shock, big 21" front wheel with plenty of tread, 18" rear with off-road tyre,

Its had new chain, sprockets, spark plug, powervalve cable and mirrors. I have serviced the bike myself with new gearbox oil, stripped/cleaned brakes and carb.

It is incredibly fast and runs sweet as a nut. It sounds great with a low grumbling sound at low revs and all out GP sounds in the higher revs.

This is one amazing learner bike. It will give any RS125 a run for its money, with acceleration, and performs well off-road too.

I really don't want to sell it but must so I can do my test before my CBT runs out.

Really I can't see it go for less than £1400, as it is worth much more. I am after a cheap 125 which I can do my test on, so could part-ex.

Mik

Am going to give it one hell of a good clean tomorow, but for now...

https://www.tantalizing-tarot.co.uk/RX125/DSCF0004%20(Large).jpg

https://www.tantalizing-tarot.co.uk/RX125/DSCF0006%20(Large).jpg

https://www.tantalizing-tarot.co.uk/RX125/DSCF0005%20(Large).jpg

Last edited by Mik_RX125 on 14:01 - 30 Apr 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:49 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Re: [FOR SALE] Aprilia RX125 Must Go [FOR SALE] Reply with quote

Mik_RX125 wrote:
Going to have to sell my RX125 to fund my bike test.

Good luck.

Mik_RX125 wrote:
It's a full power Import with a 34mm carb and powervalve, which means it gives 34kW of power.

Err, 34hp might be a claim, but 34kW is about 46hp and it is nowhere near that!

All the best

Keith

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:20 - 30 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, got my kW and hp mixed up. Slight moment of madness, I think.

Anyway its 34hp, probably (not been tested).

Mik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:46 - 30 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stuck it on eBay for any of you who would rather bid on it.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4546832097

PM me or post a reply if your interested at all.

Was going to take it for one last blast, but its been raining all day Sad

Mik

silent
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:34 - 30 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

that link says invalid item to me....

robboadd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:49 - 30 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was you i'd change my sig Very Happy

'Proud Aprilia RX125 owner, though only when it works.... '

lol

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:50 - 30 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea well I suppose I should. That really only applied to when I bought the bike as the floats in the carb were set-up wrongly.

No problems with it anymore, especially after Kickstart helped me with the powervalve.

Mik

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:59 - 04 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my new floats for the carb, ordered them when I had problems with the bike (22nd Nov 04). So I'll fit them on Sunday. Also I will give the power valve a good clean and oil.

So if anyone wants to view the bike, then that would be the best time.

I am open to offers as I really need to sell this bike, so I can do my test.

Mik

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 05 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I'd forget about selling it on eBay. It's full of bog-standard bikes which haven't been looked after properly, so people will pretty much assume the same with your bike, although you can see it is pristine. I would be very suprised if you got your £1400 though, most people on there have no idea what makes a good bike.

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:40 - 13 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on someone has to buy this great bike, so I can afford to do my test.

I'm after about £1300, as I'm sure you won't find one that has been better looked after.

I'll be replacing the brake seels this week, and possibly the pads too. I've put the new floats in last week, so there isn't a thing wrong with this bike. Also I clean the powervalve every over week without fail, and oil cables and make sure everything is running sweet.

And for all you speed freaks, this will accelerate faster than a RS125, which I have been able to do several times, even though I'm not the lightest person on earth.

This is a large bike for a 125, but will suit anyone, as long as they aren't 5' 5" or less. Thats because both front and rear shocks can be adjusted to any height.

But if you still don't want to buy my bike after all that, then you could just give me the money Very Happy

Mik

kingsknight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And for all you speed freaks, this will accelerate faster than a RS125, which I have been able to do several times, even though I'm not the lightest person on earth.

Dont think you could accelerate faster then my NSR, it eats RS's off the lights Wink

does sound like you been taking good care of your bike tho

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, nice bike, got the 50cc version in the garage awaiting my brother to turn 16,

have you tried putting it on the 125 forum, i guy wants to swap an rs125 for a dt125r or similiar

www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums

good luck with your test
simple

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:07 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Stuck it on 125cc Sportsbikes earlier, but has since disappeared Confused

E-mailed the admin to find out where its gone, but hopefully it won't have strayed far.

Mik

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:52 - 21 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanna part ex for a mito?

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:19 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about way too many Mitos blowing up to even consider looking at one.

Also I'm skint so can't afford to part-ex unless money comes my way.

Mik
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1