Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

160mph copper found not-guilty

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:13 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: 160mph copper found not-guilty Reply with quote

Apparently he was "familiarising himself with the new car".

Must write that one down for next time I am stopped for speeding Neutral

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/4559173.stm

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

cock.

Confused

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaarrggghhhh thats the 28th different time this post has aappeared on bcf!! Please make it stop!!!

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:20 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks, didn't see it had already been done.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=48275

beckford
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:20 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fucking cunts make me sick, there quick to bend you over the desk for having a tinted visor, Can on, and you'd most deffinatly loose your licence going over 100. But if it one of there own then its ok to do 159mph on a public motorway Rolling Eyes

He should of crashed and fucked him self up Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't having a go at you by the way! lol! Thumbs Up

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not fair but it's a perk of the job, simple as that.

RS125_Tecky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:03 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be wrong!

But if you had a new fast car and could do 160mph and get away with it,

Surly you would be dempted Razz Razz

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 21:12 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrchips wrote:
...it's a perk of the job, simple as that.

So it's a perk that you appear to be allowed to break the law that joe public must obey and get away with it...

...then the police wonder why they're losing respect Rolling Eyes

Maybe they should put that on the recruitment advert.
I'm sure the chavs will be beating down the door to get in.

who am I kidding, chavs already break the law and get away with it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dotti
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:58 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't know what to think about this. It's an example of how corrupt, under the surface, this country really is. So much for equality. Why should we stick to the speed limit when those enforcing it have complete disregard?

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every one has missed one thing.. HE WAS ALSO DOING 84MPH IN A 30 ZONE!! .. That is unforgivable, if anyone pulled out on him or walked into the road they all would be dead.

The magistrate also wants to be strung up by his nuts too for being such a DUMB FUCK! How can anyone think that the Police have an acceptible excuse for this behaviour when they give out speeding tickets like they were sweets.

Yet the Fuckers pull me up this morning at 4.45am because they thought I may have been in a stolen car. Where did they pull me up...On MY WORKS CAR PARK. Rolling Eyes

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:19 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:

So it's a perk that you appear to be allowed to break the law that joe public must obey and get away with it...

Yes. If police drivers are to break the speed limit in emergencies, don't you think they should be practised and familiarisedin doing so?

(Taking the officer's defence at face-value here Wink )

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:

Yes. If police drivers are to break the speed limit in emergencies, don't you think they should be practised and familiarisedin doing so?

(Taking the officer's defence at face-value here Wink )

It wasn't an emergency, if they want to test the cars limits let them hire a track out! we have to if we want to do excessive speed.

Plus if a persuit reached that speed (159mph) the control would stop it due to it being dangerous.

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:17 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:

It wasn't an emergency, if they want to test the cars limits let them hire a track out! we have to if we want to do excessive speed.

No you don't, you can do it on the public road, but you can't use the same defence if you're caught and taken to court Wink

FWIW, I don't know what sort of 30-mph road this copper did 60-80mph along, but if it was a residential street, closely lined with parked cars, I'd call him a cnut to his face.

But as I don't know exactly what speeds he sustained where and for how long, I'll not jump on the ACAB bandwagon Razz Laughing Wink

I hope none of you lot ever moan at the police for taking too long to get to you in an emergency, should you ever need them Karma Neutral Wink

PS - nowt wrong with pulling you over at 4am in my book. Who else is about at that time other than car-thieves, burglars and adulterers sneaking home to their wives? At least a two-in-three chance of nabbing a bad guy Laughing Wink

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:19 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots of cases of police being done for training on public roads. In the states, they have to prove thier skills on a private bit of tarmac before they're even allowed on the road in a police car. Over here, they train and learn on the streets. Even if you've *just* passed your driving test. Confused

Not the first and won't be the last, if I policeman ever gets pulled speeding, they get out thier 'get out of jail free' badge and they get away with it. Sad

Liono
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:00 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:

In controlled conditions, yes, not just when they are out for a bit of a blast in their new car. Police officers are also required to use physical force to stop suspects, but it doesn't mean they should go out fighting with anybody they see for a bit of "practice".

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:53 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liono wrote:
[In controlled conditions, yes, not just when they are out for a bit of a blast in their new car.

They cant practice in controlled conditions as they never work in them.
The training has to be on the public roads because you would not encounter any of the hazards in controlled conditions. Dealing with other motorists reactions to a blue light is one of the of the hardest things to deal with. this needs to be practiced.

Is anyone at all jealous????

SP1

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:

Is anyone at all jealous????

Doubt jealousy, more angry and disrespectful - a certain common occurance now it seems Sad

The policeman involved may have been a grade 1 driver, may have been absolutely sh*t hot behind the wheel, and may have been in a police car...

BUT

It wasn't an authorised 'test'. Nobody in his force knew what he was up to. He hadn't cleared his actions first with superiors and he was alone in the car. Infact he used a legal loophole (backed up by his bloody force FFS) to get out of the fact that whilst no-one was looking he took the piss.

Well sorry, but if the police force you work for claims it wants to make speeding 'as anti-social as drinkdriving' excuse me for feeling a bit pissed off when someone abuses their position and does something that would have probably landed us in prison Rolling Eyes

And they wonder why the police aren't respected anymore?

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:22 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

But people from his own force said what he was doing was ok and the judge found him not guilty. He is innocent. He did nothing wrong. He was allowed to do it. The law lets him do it.

SP1

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:
But people from his own force said what he was doing was ok

And people from his own force took him to court remember? Someone must have seen the footage and thought "Look at this prick - he's done something wrong".

He was aquitted because the Magistrate had no choice (the legal loophole remember)

You fucking idiot, he did do something wrong - see my post ^^.

Frazla
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In controlled conditions, yes, not just when they are out for a bit of a blast in their new car. Police officers are also required to use physical force to stop suspects, but it doesn't mean they should go out fighting with anybody they see for a bit of "practice".

Spot on Thumbs Up

It amuses me when they go on about he was "crème de la crème" of drivers, and yet i remember all those rally drivers being pulled and done, id say they are pretty skilled drivers, and some were only doing 10mph over the limit Rolling Eyes

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:56 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
He was aquitted because the Magistrate had no choice (the legal loophole remember)

You fucking idiot, he did do something wrong - see my post ^^.

It was a district judge not a normal magistrate.

It's not a legal loophole but the law of this country.

As long as it's in the execution of his duty it's not against the law.

And your the fucking idiot because he diddent do somthing wrong because he is innocent, not guilty and just doing his job.

SP1

Frazla
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And your the fucking idiot because he diddent do somthing wrong because he is innocent, not guilty and just doing his job.

Shocked
What have you been smoking??

Shit, if that’s his job I’m enrolling.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Don't make me laugh.

Below is an extract of Section 87 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. This is the section of the act of parliament which the police officer relied upon to drive at speeds up to 159 mph...

No statutory provision imposing a speed limit on motor vehicles shall apply to any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire and rescue authority, ambulance or police purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion.

So basically it is a loophole because it gives the police carte blanche exactly how they want if they are in a police vehicle. Not exactly meant to be used to justify some copper taking the piss and going out for a sly (and unauthorised) blast in a new car is it? So yes, you could argue the law says "Blah, blah" but the law in this case is so biased towards serving officers that it is almost irrelevant and undermines public trust in the police does it not?

And in any case, someone took him to court after viewing the footage. Must have been the police so maybe he's not as innocent as they would have you believe. They drive the 'speeding is dangerous' theme so hard they cannot be suprised when it jumps back and bites them on the arse can they?

Oh and how exactly was it 'execution of his duty'?

So yes you are a fucking idiot if you cannot see the hypocrisy of the law in this case. Doing something wrong doesn't have to mean it's illegal does it Rolling Eyes

Liverpoolrobb...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:19 - 19 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

question if a cop car is speeding then pulls you over for say speeding and the cop car hasnt had its blue lights on would you still be able to get done as the cop hasnt had his blue lights on when speeding?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10