Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paddock Stands - Reccomendations Please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Paddock Stands - Reccomendations Please Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to buy a paddock stand, but I am unsure which one to buy. I want one that will fit easily with my NSR. I don't want to spend more than £50 on it.

Can I just rest the swing arm on the supports? Or do i have to get bobbins? Any reccomendations will be helpfull.

Thanks.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:04 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

just brought a micron one for £40 after using a nieghbours one for ages! it cups under the swing arm sturdy and does the job well

https://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=510577

WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:08 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Micron as well. Does the job no probs. Get a reputable brand cos some have been known to buckle.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 22:11 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

a cheap ebay one for £25 should be fine with a 125 as theres not as much weight as a 400+ which could bend a cheap stand.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks guys. Just had a look at that micron one and it looks fine. Will order it.

Cheers.

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
a cheap ebay one for £25 should be fine with a 125 as theres not as much weight as a 400+ which could bend a cheap stand.

Thats a good point, but I might aswell get the Micron as i will use it when i get a larger bike. Thumbs Up

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:18 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the booklet that came with the stand it says it will support most motorbikes upto 250Kg, so unless your next bike is a goldwing it'll be fine! Laughing
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 22:21 - 11 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stole mine.

The people across the road were throwing it out with a load of other junk.

So I half-inched it, and a front one too.

Don't know what make, but they're good quality! I love landlords that chuck out tennant's stuff that have moved out and don't know what they're chucking.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, the larger the section of steel tubing used to make it the better. Ideally, you'd get a square/ rectangular section one.

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:38 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with the Micron ones you get free stickers too Cool

Don't put them on the bike though Rolling Eyes

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 19:40 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psch, who needs a paddock stand.

https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/bike/TZR/website/1-6-05/DSCI0031%20(Small).JPG

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:59 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:

By the looks of it, you do Thumbs Up Wink

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 20:01 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do actually have one, unfortunately front paddock stands require the forks to be attached to the bike to work.

Gaz

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:44 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

owned lots of paddock stands and been impressed by none

they all seem to slide around on the swingarm whilst the bike is being worked on, despite any non slip shite they may have

they all seem to hold the bike wonky, while although seems stable, just plainly annoys me

and they all seem to have too much play in them Evil or Very Mad

so my advice, is to buy a non modular one and one that is braced.. you want as little flex as possible, and ideally bobbins, but alot of run of the mill bikes dont accomodate these

impressed with abba stands, although they take slightly longer to set up, entirely one man operation, and look very stable, bit more money than a cheapy modular paddock stand but worth it in my opinion

a decent one should last you
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1