Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New er5...kind of

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: New er5...kind of Reply with quote

Except it's an er6.... Confused

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/jalles/er6.jpg

https://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/Kawasaki_ER6_st1pz

https://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/Kawasaki_ER6_compteur_stpz

https://www.motomercado.aie.pt/noticias.asp

About time they updated the er5.

Said to use a 650cc parallel twin engine. Probably only kept for fuel economy and to make it seem like a sensible commuter.

Rumours or truth? Confused Google it and you can only find french forums...and on that site, on two different pictures, the tank is a different shape. Thinking

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy carp...
That is a seriously angry looking thing, compared to the poor ER-5...

Just imagine the attitude that bike has...

A 2001 GSXR pulls up to a 2005 GSXR at the lights... and says
"Oh i say sir, thats a ravishingly nice new end can they have put on you sir"
"Why thankyou 2001 model!"

A 2001 ER-5 pulls up to a ER-6 at the lights... and says
"Oh i say sir, thats an amazingly agressive front end you have there"
"Feck off you loser! Twisted Evil " *and storms off into the sunset, one wheel in the air, 12oclock angle... over a hump bridge, with a blind summit.

Thumbs Up Laughing Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 13:41 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about that.

Moving to a 650 outs in competition with the hornet/fazer/z750. They ain't going to do that. The swingarm looks entirely wrong for the styling of the rest of the bike, almost like whoever knocked up that pictre didn't bother finishing it off.

I'm not convinced.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 14:06 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will probably jump into the same market as the Honda CBF600.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 14:51 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought it was in the same laerner market as bikes such as sv650...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not convinced myself, that it is actually going to be released. Just looks like one of those concept bikes that they sometimes let the designers make. Laughing

But if it is released, I think I'd rather have one of those over the others (bar the hornet). The twin parallel is going to win no-one over in bike mags and it would just get slated. Too tarty for a commuter bike, they still need to keep the er5.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 16:25 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does make sense, seeing as Kawasaki has no 600cc commuters, and now the Bandit is 650cc and Honda have the CBF and Yamaha the FZ6. The picture looks real to me, it's not a photoshop or a 3D render, probably a prototype.

But it's still horrendously ugly, and a bit dumb making such huge footrest hangers which will only break when its dropped by all the commuters/training schools and cost a fortune to replace. And the Buell type exhaust is a little odd aswell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

FU

GLY Thumbs Down Sick

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, who's been copying Ktm?

Mr. Green

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:57 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavy discs as standard on a commuter? No way?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, obviously just made to look good.

Although notice how they've gone with the absolutely CRAP exhaust pipes. They'll rust away as quickly as the er5's no doubt. It took kawasaki 8 years to introduce stainless pipes on the er5. why....WHY THIS!! Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i see it they should just update the ER5 styling, chassis/handling, and performance (the motor can easily go to 550cc), and then you have a better, more stylish and sportier bike than the CBF500.

Or they should make a smaller streetfighter styled naked 636 bike with decent suspension and brakes, but then its going to be too close to the Z750, and Kawasaki's marketing message is why have a Fazer, Hornet, when you could have a full 750cc bike for the same money! The only thing is that the bike press even though they say the Z750 is a very good bike, most say that the smaller FZ6 is slightly better at most things though!

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 23:13 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to rival the buel lightening, commutingness to rival the hornet, learner-ability to rival the SV650.

Could be the good points of all 3, or the bad points of all 3, depends how you look at it.

I think it's nice. Can't see it ever being made tbh.

Gaz

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 23:37 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many bike designers came up with that one?

It doesn't look right. Side panels from a Benelli TNT, Suspension from a TL, seat unit from a CBF, 80s styled mirrors, and that headlight unit.

Nice lightweight one piece rearsets there!

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 03 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The way i see it they should just update the ER5 styling, chassis/handling, and performance (the motor can easily go to 550cc),

Why bother increasing the engine capacity. The original guise of the ER-5's engine was in the GPZ500s and there it kicks out over 10hp more. They just de-tuned it for the ER-5 to make it better in town. Kawasaki would be better off re-styling the GPZ, its still in production in the states as the Ninja500R (over there they have the ninja500 races) so they won't have to re-invest in engine RD or factory machinery.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:23 - 03 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the ER6 is a main feature in MCN this week. Smile

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:46 - 04 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expect capacity increase is to make up for losses taking emissions into account, the old gpz5 motor wouldn't pass the latest regs

i like the styling Thumbs Up
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 17:29 - 04 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

buel with a better engine.

i like muchly Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1