Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tracks up't North

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Yorkshire Puddin'
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:18 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Tracks up't North Reply with quote

Ey up,

Having done one trackday of sorts (RAF Leeming charity trackday) i really fancy some more track time, the only thing is Croft seems to be about it unless i wanna travel 2 hours each way.

So are there any smaller, less well known tracks around that do track days.

I live between York, Harrogate and Leeds

Cheers ya'll

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:33 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.biketrackdays.com/images/circuits/ukbikemap.gif

If you get into trackdays, travelling is going to be a fact of life. The southern lot regularly take on a 6 hour hike to get to Cadwell Park. Smile

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:59 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

People around Donington are quite lucky for travelling aren't they. Neutral
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorkshire Puddin'
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:04 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuuummmm was thinking more like Elvington race circuit nr York, smaller tracks that are amybe used for club racing, something like that.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 18:26 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid travelling is the name of the game, here. It took us 2 & half hours to get to Silverstone the other week, and I daren't say I will be travelling longer next time around (got my eyes on Cadwell & Donnington).

If need be see if you can camp nearby or I'm sure people on here will be able to suggest B&B's or Travel Lodges in the area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:26 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Puddin' wrote:
Uuuuummmm was thinking more like Elvington race circuit nr York, smaller tracks that are amybe used for club racing, something like that.

Elvington's just drag racing, not circuit racing.

That map contains all the wee circuits used for club racing, I'm afraid.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:31 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have done some circuit racing around Elvington - the circuit is marked out by cones.

From what I've seen 'real' circuits are a lot better than those that are still basically old airfields, with original surfaces.

Merlin
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:06 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real circuits?? Ellvington sorts the men from the boys or the car park !! its not as bad as people say.It is proper grass roots racing with people having fun - as they say dont knock it till youve tried it. They dont run trackdays - you could try racing there though - entrys are pretty cheap and its done properley - scrutineered etc Auto 66 run the meetings (and race at scarbrough - the only road race left in England)Check the website out www.auto66.com

Saint Matt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:06 - 27 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
People around Donington are quite lucky for travelling aren't they. Neutral

Yes, yes we are! I can get to donny in about 15-20 mins Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:39 - 27 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donington - 30 minutes, Darley Moor - 30 minutes, Mallory Park - 40 minutes, Cadwell Park - 1.5 Hours, Silverstone - 1.5 Hours, Snetterton - 2 hours, Oulton Park - 2 hours. Not too bad at all really, living round here, Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire Border!!! Very Happy Thumbs Up

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 20:08 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croft - 10 mins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
https://www.biketrackdays.com/images/circuits/ukbikemap.gif

If you get into trackdays, travelling is going to be a fact of life. The southern lot regularly take on a 6 hour hike to get to Cadwell Park. Smile

I often go to Cadwell as its only 45 minutes drive from me (30minutes on bike).

Can anyone tell me where exactly Olivers Mount is? On that map it looks like Hull area, I thought it was further up, near Scarboro! Confused

Key67
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 29 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yzf750r wrote:

Can anyone tell me where exactly Olivers Mount is? On that map it looks like Hull area, I thought it was further up, near Scarboro! Confused

Aye - It's in Scarborough -

Clicky for details.

Never been (Olivers Mount that is, not Scarborough) so can't comment I'm afraid.

Please visit my lads music site - Thanks! www.afhmusic.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many options in Scotland is there? Confused I was thinking of doing a trackday in the sumer, looks like it will be at Knockhill. Not a bad track though. Thumbs Up

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 00:30 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget you can camp at some sites the night before, which is handy if you don't want the last minute rushing around during the unholy hours of the morning.

pablo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:47 - 02 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
Not many options in Scotland is there? Confused I was thinking of doing a trackday in the sumer, looks like it will be at Knockhill. Not a bad track though. Thumbs Up

A couple of lads from over on the Throttlemonkey site did a TD at a circuit called East Fortune, somewhere near to Edinburgh. The TD was run by Jocks who are looking to use Knockhill, East Fortune, Croft and they're trying to organise a couple of Euro TD's in 2006.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 02 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into that one then. Thumbs Up

ronnieringdin...
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:53 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: track days Reply with quote

if raced at elvington was good if you get an acu you can do test days at three blisters for about 30quid

Rhino.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your interested in a short technical but good fun circuit ( i know i know ) knockhill give us a shout

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 3 mins from Three Sisters, problem is, whenever I go to watch preston & district race, there are always about 5 bikes wrecked on Lunar bend!

Kind of off putting! Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1