4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Snetterton
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 50

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Your favourite track? Reply with quote

As per the title really. This is obviously a very personal question and some people seem to get a bit heated in expressing the reason why their favourite track is better than yours! Very Happy There are a limited number of poll options you can have so I've picked the most common ones from posts I've seen in this forum. Obviously some people will have only done one or two of them, and I'd be surprised if anyone's done them all.

So, what's your favourite UK track, and why?

Which have I done? Brands, Cadwell, Donington, Mallory, Oulton, Rockingham and Silverstone.

My favourite? Donington. The reasons? The smooth, flowing corners and the way the track flows. Some tracks are disjointed but Donington fits together perfectly. Blasting through Craner Curves gives an awesome feeling Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:22 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done Lydden, Snetterton, Cadwell, Silverstone and Croft.

Cadwell and Snetterton are my favourites, they're so different that I couldn't choose between them but enjoy them both in completely different ways. Snett's fairly short and to me seems to be more 'aggressive'. Cadwell's long and I seem to veer more towards the 'smooth and thoughtful' when I'm up there.

Would love to do Croft again cos it fell somewhere inbetween the two but it's so far away that it's never going to be a frequent thing.

Never been that keen on Silverstone but it's near so 'meh' I'll keep doing it when it's a bargain. Only done Lydden the once, will reserve judgement until I do it again in a couple of weeks cos I wasn't impressed the first time but it was my first day.

Should really do some more circuits next year. Confused

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 23:35 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only done Brands Hatch Indy, Snetterton & Silverstone.

Out of them I found Brands Hatch to be the most challenging and had the most fun, with Snetterton coming in a very close second.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 23:50 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favourate of the two i have done has to be snetterton! good track to be agressive on! and learn how to brake the hard way! Rolling Eyes Laughing
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 23:51 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall it's got to be Silverstone for me. It's relatively close, the facilities are excellent, the track is wide with stacks of runoff, and it's so long and with enough linked technical bits that you can keep yourself entertained for hours. An ideal playground Very Happy

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 29 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, it dropped Snetterton off the end of the list. I thought I had the number correct.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:03 - 30 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 30 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:06 - 30 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydden for me, got a good range of corners and easy to learn, etc.

Do really like cadwell as well and am determined to 'conquer' brands Smile.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 00:07 - 30 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only done Snetterton so far and it was a good track to learn on, even if my engine was choked at the neck. Thumbs Up
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 02:42 - 03 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed Knockhill! Laughing

Thats my plan for next year now, going to book myself in for a session. Will probably come back with the bike in tatters no doubt Embarassed

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:19 - 03 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc123 wrote:
You missed Knockhill! Laughing

Thats my plan for next year now, going to book myself in for a session. Will probably come back with the bike in tatters no doubt Embarassed

Don't break the habit of a lifetime, eh? Razz Laughing
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

RealNinja
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 03 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done Snetterton, Oulton (wet and dry Laughing ), Mallory and Donnington.

Out of all of them it has to be Donnington, for the same reasons that Silver mentioned, but Oulton (in the dry) is a beautiful little track too, Old Hall being my favourite place in the world at the moment - double apex'd right hander? nah, just spot the second apex and hold the throttle open Twisted Evil , unfortunatly it also has my most hated corner on it too Confused

I plan on Cadwell and Monza (hopefully) next year, might just have a go at Rockingham too Thumbs Up

squid36
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:09 - 08 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i`ve only done silverstone gp and brands indy and found brands to be the slower but by far the more enjoyable due to the fact you get more chance to learn the corners (as your going round them a lot more times per session ) hope to get one more in before the end of the season and do more next year

https://www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk/ essex premier paintball site

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 13:25 - 08 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydden for me, suited my bike and riding style. And when I fell off it didn't hurt.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Merlin
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:05 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Embarassed Razz Surely Crash well -sorry Cadwell has to be no 1 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

scottiel
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:07 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not on there but it is Mondello Park. Just an awesome track.

Scottie

Rhino.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd done knockhill about four times then went down and did a full day at donington......it blew me away, then ive came back and lap so much faster at jockhill. would love to and will do cadwell.

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:27 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love Mallory Park, even if they have just modified Gerrards corner with a new chicane!

I practice there alot on Wednesdays and really enjoy riding there!

ajhutch
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:07 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be possible if you could add Mondello Park (since it is in the BSB calender) and also Kirkistown, Nutts Corner, Bishopscourt (In Northern Ireland)?

Has anyone been on those tracks?

I've never been on a track in the UK but that cherry will be popped this season.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhutch wrote:
would it be possible if you could add Mondello Park (since it is in the BSB calender) and also Kirkistown, Nutts Corner, Bishopscourt (In Northern Ireland)?

Polls are limited to ten options, so I kind of went with what I thought were the most common / popular tracks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1