Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

100% Bikes trackday company gone bust?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Racing & Trackdays by Korn (19 Oct 2005 - 08:52)
View previous topic : View next topic  

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: 100% Bikes trackday company gone bust? Reply with quote

I recently booked a trackday with them for the end of this month at Silverstone.

It is now apparent that they are in administration. Anybody know any details about this company and if they are likely to still go ahead with trackdays they have booked? will people still be able to get refunds?

Crying or Very sad

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 15:04 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked them out on companies house, and it does look like they've gone into administration.

Have a look on companies house website www.companieshouse.gov.uk and look at company number 04269890.

Although a little strange apparently this has been going since 26/01/2005

/EDIT - https://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/faad011af28a80d661f6e70b6698921d//compdetails
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt you'll get anything, the customers who have paid up front come last in line when it comes to sharing any remaining money out.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
Just checked them out on companies house, and it does look like they've gone into administration.

Have a look on companies house website www.companieshouse.gov.uk and look at company number 04269890.

Although a little strange apparently this has been going since 26/01/2005

/EDIT - https://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/faad011af28a80d661f6e70b6698921d//compdetails

where does it say about going on since january? what does that mean about it still running as a company till now?

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtEE wrote:

where does it say about going on since january? what does that mean about it still running as a company till now?

Have a look at the web link and click on "Insolvency History", if you've paid for it by credit card and they are unable to meet their end of the deal (e.g. let you out on the track), I would speak to your card issuer with a view of them retrieving the money for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
mrtEE wrote:

Have a look at the web link and click on "Insolvency History", if you've paid for it by credit card and they are unable to meet their end of the deal (e.g. let you out on the track), I would speak to your card issuer with a view of them retrieving the money for you.

I paid on debit card Sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:24 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they'd been bust for ages.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. 100% Bikes ceased to trade some time ago, I am just reading the administrators report now. It appears the business was continued by 100% Bikes (Europe) Ltd.

Give us a few more minutes.......

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.

As far as I can see, 100% Bikes Ltd ceased to trade back in 2004. The business was carried on by the same directors as 100% Bikes (Europe) Ltd, who have registered themselves as a non-trading company and not submitted any accounts to Companies House or told them that they have now started to trade. No evidence at the moment that they have gone bust or ceased to trade.

In the meantime, a company called 100% Bikes Suspension Ltd has been started recently by the same 2 people, who appear to have then resigned as company officers and been replaced by 2 others. The chap behind the other 2 companies still has a controlling interest in this one however.

Conclusion: I personally would not do business with these people.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Right.

As far as I can see, 100% Bikes Ltd ceased to trade back in 2004. The business was carried on by the same directors as 100% Bikes (Europe) Ltd, who have registered themselves as a non-trading company and not submitted any accounts to Companies House or told them that they have now started to trade. No evidence at the moment that they have gone bust or ceased to trade.

In the meantime, a company called 100% Bikes Suspension Ltd has been started recently by the same 2 people, who appear to have then resigned as company officers and been replaced by 2 others. The chap behind the other 2 companies still has a controlling interest in this one however.

Conclusion: I personally would not do business with these people.

In laymans terms?

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgy buggers Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

In laymans terms they are opening a company, taking your money, closing the company and starting a new one over and over again.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
In laymans terms they are opening a company, taking your money, closing the company and starting a new one over and over again.

So you don't think they intend to carry out any of the trackdays?

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the opposite, unless the track owners start to refuse their business.

I think they will continue to operate and make a hell of a lot of money out of bikers for as long as they can.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Quite the opposite, unless the track owners start to refuse their business.

I think they will continue to operate and make a hell of a lot of money out of bikers for as long as they can.

Oh right, I thought you meant that they were offering loads of trackday bookings to bikers, with no intention of carrying out teh days etc and declaring themselves bankrupt so they dont have to refund the money.

So hopefully it will go ahead? Confused

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably worth your while finding out which of the companies your trackday has actually been booked with - who has your money?

If it's 100% Bikes Ltd you're stuffed, and so are they unless you booked it over a year ago.

If it's either of the other two you should be OK.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
It's probably worth your while finding out which of the companies your trackday has actually been booked with - who has your money?

If it's 100% Bikes Ltd you're stuffed, and so are they unless you booked it over a year ago.

If it's either of the other two you should be OK.

Just checked my online banking and under the transaction on the statement is this info: 26 SEP MAE 100% BIKES (EUROPE
KINGS LYNN

i only booked it recently and the money was taken from my account on the 26 sept.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I'm curious to know if anyone has actually been on a trackday organised by this company, this may shed some light onto whether or not they plan to carry out this one?

Sad

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:44 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For anyone interested, I made a few calls to Silverstone and enquired about 100% Europe.

I made it quite clear that I wasn't asking for any confidential information, just whether or not (in their opinion) it was worth me getting out of bed on Monday 31st Oct.

I can't say which department or who I spoke to, but he/she was very helpful.

100% Europe have held other trackdays reliably and Silverstone have no issues with them.

Silverstone did not tell me whether or not the day had been paid for, but they expressed no concern.

I have no opinion myself as to whether it will happen, but all the info suggests that it will be ok.

I am not offering any advice, just letting anyone interested have this information.

Silverstone certainly believe the event will happen and are familiar with their customer.

Hope this is of some help,

Hotdog.

ps. errors and omissions excepted Wink

Brick_Top
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:49 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be fine. I spoke to 100% on the phone and they found it laughable that I was suggesting they'd gone bust. He said he hopes not, because if that was the case I wouldn't be on the phone to him, and he wouldn't have just booked all the European track days for next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KidKoala wrote:
It'll be fine. I spoke to 100% on the phone and they found it laughable that I was suggesting they'd gone bust. He said he hopes not, because if that was the case I wouldn't be on the phone to him, and he wouldn't have just booked all the European track days for next year.

Did he have an unbiased objective opinion? Laughing

Gilderoy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they have gone busy you can claim your money back via any card services department. The only way that you are fooked is if you've paid by cheque. The bank doesn't get the money back off them it's that you're covered by the card itself. It's the same if you buy a Hi-Fi and it's stolen within 30 days the card company will pay out. Not many people know this as they hardly shout about it, i only found out when I started working for lloyds bank.

Rich
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:39 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought 100% had gone tits up but most of their stuff was now being done by Track Moto, a new company started by one of the 100% guys.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilderoy wrote:
Even if they have gone busy you can claim your money back via any card services department. The only way that you are fooked is if you've paid by cheque. The bank doesn't get the money back off them it's that you're covered by the card itself. It's the same if you buy a Hi-Fi and it's stolen within 30 days the card company will pay out. Not many people know this as they hardly shout about it, i only found out when I started working for lloyds bank.

Rich

even with debit cards? if so how do you claim?

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:49 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilderoy wrote:

it's that you're covered by the card itself. It's the same if you buy a Hi-Fi and it's stolen within 30 days the card company will pay out. Not many people know this as they hardly shout about it, i only found out when I started working for lloyds bank.
Rich

I think you'll find that the card does not cover all losses.

It covers loss etc, but not insolvency.

Maybe someone could confirm this ?

Hotdog
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2