Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Track days.........whats the crack then?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Racing & Trackdays by Bendy (1 Nov 2005 - 11:23)
View previous topic : View next topic  

EDBANGER
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Track days.........whats the crack then? Reply with quote

So you've gone out and bought yourself a track bike and all the gear necessary. How do you pay for the sessions?? Do you pay per day or can you get a pass that lets you use it when you like for a certain period? Do you need a special license to ride on the tracks?? Is there ever a time they wouldn't let you use a track due to weather etc??

Just curious, I wanna go fast and get good but I don't wanna do it on the road. I'm getting far too sensible.

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn up with your bike, DVLA Motorcycle Licence (Some companies ask it to be full and not restricted) and you lid and leathers, pay your money and you get to go out on track.

Its that simple. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:24 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I direct you to the Trackday FAQ stickied at the top of the forum?

Oh, and generally you should book in advance rather than pay on the day.

EDBANGER
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
May I direct you to the Trackday FAQ stickied at the top of the forum?

Oooooo thank you! Very Happy

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 18:44 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, you book the trackday through a company, such as focused events, motorsportvision, hottrax, 100% bikes. On the day you turn up very early and sign on.

You'll all be packed into a small room for the briefing, then you go out for a sighting lap (usually 3 of them), then after all the sighting laps have been completed, the sessions begin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:20 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Gazdaman will be more than happy to explain it all to you in great detail as many times as you want him to. Thumbs Up

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone not been asked for their license at a trackday? I know its a car mag, but auto express did trackday reviews for the best companies. 1 out of 8 actually asked for the license.

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 01 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
Has anyone not been asked for their license at a trackday? I know its a car mag, but auto express did trackday reviews for the best companies. 1 out of 8 actually asked for the license.

Jack

Yes, although I've been asked for it more often than not.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:40 - 02 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I'm sure Gazdaman will be more than happy to explain it all to you in great detail as many times as you want him to. Thumbs Up

Cheeky fecker.

But since you asked...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:53 - 03 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been on one track day and they didnt ask for it ? Bllody good day though Thumbs Up

skiptonmanor
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:56 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did 2 with 100% bikes and never got asked to show licence.
Has anyone ever had their bike checked at a track day ?

skiptonmanor
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:58 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 15:09 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

skiptonmanor wrote:

Nope never had the bike checked over. They didn't even check over White Noise's bike at Snetterton when he had his first off. Shouldn't worry about it unless the bike is stupidly noisy.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
Nope never had the bike checked over.

I believe it's something to do with them accepting a certain liability if they check the bike and then a problem arises. Hence, they don't check!

JACKO
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:09 - 09 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please tell me if you can do a track day on a rs125 with just a CBT

WWW.WOODSRACING.CO.UK

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 00:13 - 09 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

JACKO wrote:
Can you please tell me if you can do a track day on a rs125 with just a CBT

99.9% of place's insist on a full licence (usually a non restricted one).

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 21 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a track session with mcn a few years ago, 97 I think. I didn't have to show my license, (good job as I didn't have it with me). We had a 5 min briefing then I was breathalised, had to sign a disclaimer then I had my bike checked over. that was it.

Baloo
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 02 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do about 15 trackdays a year and have gone with Hottrax, Focused Events, Cali Superbike, European Superbike and Apex and have always had my license checked.

Only CSS checked the bike out and that was two years ago.

With Hottrax (or Focused Events) you can join a club for approx £ 1,500 up front which gets you all free days throughout the year, however, with 3 track companies going under last year, I am not paying anything too far in advance now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1