Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pulse Force 2T 50cc Scooter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

warby
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:30 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Pulse Force 2T 50cc Scooter Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

New to all this, so forgive my dumbness Smile

I have just recently got this scooter, has 65 miles on the clock (Is brand new) The issue I have is Yesterday morning the speedo was on the blink, then last night the bike just cut out after about 10 minutes on the road, was unable to start it again. I put it down to being drenched in the rain and being new. I left it to dry out, started no problems. This morning, the bike started again no problems, but after about 5 minutes riding it to work, the same thing happened. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any advice before calling for help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Avora
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:43 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess the automatic choke is chuffed. But thats a vague guess....worth a try at less than a £10, or you could take the choke off, 2 screws and bang it in the freezer, once its cold go at it with a hair dryer, you should see the little needle move.
(if you dont know where the choke is, its on the carb, a black bit of plastic the size of your thumb, with two wires coming out of it.)

If its not that, then the trouble begins.

I presume the scooter has an automatic choke, most do, but some dont...worth a try.

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spray all the electrics and around the carb with WD40/GT85 and leave it to dry off for a bit.
Tbh I wouldn't ride in the rain unless I really had to.
If that doesn't work it's probably down to the fact that it's chinease Wink

jemdna
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spray all the electrics and around the carb with WD40/GT85 and leave it to dry off for a bit.
Tbh I wouldn't ride in the rain unless I really had to.
If that doesn't work it's probably down to the fact that it's chinease Wink

... Started off good advice - Definitely give the electrics a good spray with WD40 - let dry and see how it goes...

Not riding in the rain? ffs simple maintenance can mean the bike/moped etc rides FINE in the rain... Rolling Eyes

Bry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not riding in the rain? ffs simple maintenance can mean the bike/moped etc rides FINE in the rain... Rolling Eyes

Bry
True, but I don't want to go through a can of GT85 every week. And of course the road conditions.
I mean if I crashed whilst riding in the rain when I didn't really need to be out, I'd be more than pee'd off Neutral

jemdna
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash in the rain - Take more time when riding and you should avoid this... I've ridden every day through this winter for commuting and fun, just take it easy, respect the throttle and you will be fine!

A can a week?? Perhaps look at the actual problem in hand then and try a more permanent (ish) fix?
A good trick Ive used in the past is on the contacts pop a little bit of vasaline on it, keeps water out

Bry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

jemdna wrote:
Crash in the rain - Take more time when riding and you should avoid this... I've ridden every day through this winter for commuting and fun, just take it easy, respect the throttle and you will be fine!

A can a week?? Perhaps look at the actual problem in hand then and try a more permanent (ish) fix?
A good trick Ive used in the past is on the contacts pop a little bit of vasaline on it, keeps water out

Bry
Makes sense I suppose, but unless I was going to work, I still wouldn't go out in the rain.
P.S - The whole can a week thing, was just a bit of overemphasis Wink

jemdna
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found riding in all weathers has really kicked me up the ass in the terms of technique and confidence. Riding in the good weather is so much more relaxing for me now simply because I've managed to ride in much worse Smile

So just to clean up a bit

Try whats suggested and let us know how you get on, if WD40 does work, try smearing a small amount of vasaline on all the contacts that seem exposed to the elements, this should stop water getting where it shouldnt Smile

Bry

warby
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:08 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do, thanks for all the responses.

cb1rocket
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

it runs then cut out? 2 stroke?

Any problems should go back to the dealer, why has it only got 65 miles when you bought it worries me.

warby
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:50 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 stroke and it is a brand new scooter, that's why it has 65 miles on the clock.

cb1rocket
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

new scooters don't come with 65 miles on the clock, they normally show 1 mile or less........... OR are you saying you have racked up 65 miles?

Ok so its a 2 stroke, is the 2 stroke tank topped up? Not to insult, but so many have ran their bike with no oil in it! Some dealers put so little in that the next you know it, its ran out of oil!

Also does sound electrical with water ingress.

Get the scooter sorted by the dealer, its under warranty at least

clancy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you buy it brand new ? if so just take it back to the dealer, it will be under warrenty and they have to fix it.

Avora
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:43 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know dealers are useless...the causes are going to be simply, either electrics, or carb issues. The original post expresses that the scooter runs but only till its warm. Hence my choke theory. But if it was from an actual main dealer, then I would probably complain at them. It wont have seized because it'll start cold.

Glenben92
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:02 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying chinese will mean that you HAVE to take the extra time yourself to ensure that it stays reliable. For instance (the reason you've had trouble in the rain) the electrics ALL need to be protected with some kind of sealant (I recommend Holts Damp Start). Obviously this is only useful when the bike is dry and working, otherwise you'll just be sealing moisture in. Scooters, especially 2 stroke, seem to hate rain or moisture or a wet fart. So you might never be able to ensure reliability in the wet. (for instance, my old 2t ped had the stator mounted between the cooling fan and the cylinder (all near road level) which meant that it would suck water in and splash it all over the stator.)

Replace the plug cap for a properly insulated one, replace the plug for an NGK and replace the HT lead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1