Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hyosung slight problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:10 - 05 Feb 2011    Post subject: Hyosung slight problem Reply with quote

Basically a small but niggly problem. Now i think it maybe the side stand switch. Basically tonight basically i went to overtake a car tonight and it revved through ev range up to about 9,500 rpm and then the bike sort of out, dropped revs and then booted back into life again.

It was like id just flicked the kill switch on and off. Could it possibly be the side stand switch?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:04 - 05 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe you haven't got rid of it yet... The Hyosung garage near me did it for free, it's a known fault.

Just cut the wires from the switch and join them together!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it Thumbs Up Its been a fine bike apart from this problem and the previous problem which took 3 times to fix.

Was firstly the Airbox not seating right, so new one bought it worked. Then the Carbs were clogged up, new jets slapped in them and it now runs lovely.

If i wasn't paying off debts id happily get rid and get a new bike. It does its job.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:12 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt mean the bike lol, wish i'd kept my Hyosung!

I meant the sidestand switch, first thing on mine to go before the 125 stickers Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:57 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, more trouble than they're worth. Remember McGregor's bike spitting its dummy on Long Way Down, then after frantic calls to BMW UK, the advice was "Cut the wires to the side stand switch and splice them together."? Very Happy

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 06 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
I didnt mean the bike lol, wish i'd kept my Hyosung!

I meant the sidestand switch, first thing on mine to go before the 125 stickers Laughing

Laughing I musn't of had m rain switched on this morning. Yeah just chopped and tied them and put them together. Well Mum's fella did as he is more mechanially minded with bikes than me.

Sorted now, and it runs lovely now. Ready for summer commutes Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1