BCF: Bike Chat Forums

help needed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Blunet600
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:21 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: help needed Reply with quote

when i brake,using the fonrt brake, the biek steers off to the left slightly. my mate said that the alignment is wrong, any ideas?
i am going to take it to the garage tomoz and ask them but that might cost a penny to get them to fix it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your mates wrong, purely for the fact of why would putting your brake on affect which direction you are travelling.

However what it might be is that your rear wheel alignment is out, have you adjusted the chain recently?

NSR-Rulez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blunet600
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:27 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. i havent changed anythin. i will take to get looked at. just curious to see if any1 else could help or knkew what wwas worn.g do you know anyways i can fix the alignments.?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the service manual for the nsr which is lurking about on the forum, that will tell you how to do the alignment

NSR-Rulez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:08 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about NSR handle bars, wether they are clip'ons or straight through bars but maybe worth checking for bends, misalingment as if they are bent or not set right when you brake you may be applying more pressure to one side of them. Just an idea as it happend to my cbr, i took em off and put em back wonky, if i put weight on them my bike steered very lightly to the right.

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find a safe spot to do so, try taking your hands off the bars and see if it tracks left not under breaking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blunet600
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:38 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk i will check that out. if it does move to the left, what does that meani will need to do?

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:40 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

any bends in the fornt end, i.e forks bars stanchions etc etc. if they are not bent are they aligned perfectly?

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would probably point towards something making unaligned be it near the front or back. Just means you can discount the breaks as reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive noticed a difference in fork oil levels can effect your breaking.
It has the same effect as having a slightly bent fork.

Its got nothing to do with if your left hand break is gripping better than your right hand, or all bikes would have two disks,

also you might be subconciously pulling on th ebars more,
I used to think mine lent more to the righ tin breaking then I realised its actually how I sit on my bike, so I keep teling myself to sit straighter and grip the tank with my knees, it feels odd at times but the more i do it the more natural It will become

meooo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can check the wheel alignment quite easily.
Use a long straight edge (wood for examlpe) keep the front wheel in straight ahead position and it should touch front and back side walls of both tyres on either side of the bike.......you could use string for the same effect......possibly easier as you could do both sides at once.
The handlebars on the nsr are clip-ons and I have seen several where one bar is lower than the other.....easy to adjust, one allen bolt does it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1