Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Careers advice!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Careers advice! Reply with quote

Basically as you may or may not know, i used to work for a Travel company in call centre, but i jacked this in, as i wwas sick to death of the impossible targets they set.

I now work, tempory, althoug all legit as a labourer for my Uncles Scaffolding firm. I wont be in this job forever, but im finding it so hard as to where i want to go in life, i want to just earn some ok money £200 pound per week or thereabouts, more or less what im on now.

The Army is one option, its been a dream, but, even tho having slight problems with gf, i dont want to be apart from her. I have lots of travel qualifications, but im a bit put off by my previous job. Im also findin it hard applying for jobs and interview's in the Travel industry. Last resort i think is to ring up O2 call centre in Bury for an interview. What you suggest?

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a dead question to be honest, nobody can tell you where to go in life.

Try posting your CV onto job searches like Fish4jobs an such, the Employers contact you then.

Takes the Hassle out of it.

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd never make it in the army. Laughing

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
You'd never make it in the army. Laughing

i should be in my 4th year of Army service by now, but fractured and dislocated knee suffered in phase 1 means im not. Dont judge someone you've never met mate oki ? Thumbs Up

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, not being funny, but you're not in the Army. I've heard that shit alot "I could do X, Y and Z", yet so few people put thier words into actions. By all means go for it, and I wish you well, but until that day, you're a wannabe. (As am I, in respect to many things)

No offense intended.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
Mate, not being funny, but you're not in the Army. I've heard that shit alot "I could do X, Y and Z", yet so few people put thier words into actions. By all means go for it, and I wish you well, but until that day, you're a wannabe. (As am I, in respect to many things)

No offense intended.

No offence taken Thumbs Up just its an option. But i love living for my weekends, so maybe im more suited to the 8- 5 routine than fighting wars.
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: Careers advice! Reply with quote

bwfc4eva86 wrote:

The Army is one option, its been a dream, but, even tho having slight problems with gf, i dont want to be apart from her.

Didnt you mention in a previous post, that you got liver problems, if so I doubt the army would want you.

Also, you seem fairly jealous of your girlfriend, so I dont think being in the army away from her would be the best option, just make your jealousy worse..... whilst the cats away the mouse will play, kind of scenario.

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, dont let your girlfriend have any bearing on what you do with your life. Trust me in ten years you will regret it if you do.
( this is not a dig at your girlfriend, as i havent got a clue who she is, just my advice. BYOB )

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit bitch, i had odd blood test and liver function test, when i had test done in December, but the 2nd tests in end of january came up negative. I had this winter virus thats been going round the country.

So im fully fit now, just a bit frigging blind and need new glasses Laughing Im trying to find some decent Travel jobs in Greater Manchester Area, but having no luck really.

Greatmoored, your right, im not going to make descions based on her. I love her alot, but deep down i know that it wont last forever.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwfc4eva86 wrote:
Bandit bitch, i had odd blood test and liver function test, when i had test done in December, but the 2nd tests in end of january came up negative. I had this winter virus thats been going round the country.

Good to hear your ok Smile The reason I mentioned about not going in the army if you pine for your g/f is........ my son screwed his army career, because of a girlfriend. He was cracking on with it, supa fit, supa focused, had big plans for his career then bang!!!! He met his current GF and blew it all. Rolling Eyes Came out because of her, he has been with her 2 years, they argue constantly, always splitting up, cant see them going the distance..... now he is sat behind a desk selling computer systems.... and believe me , he is like a fish out of water.

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:42 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you look into working at the airport for the summer as a PSA on the desks, there are loads of jobs for the summer, plenty of overtime and hundreds of girls working there !
Try ARL recruitment.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatmoorred wrote:
why dont you look into working at the airport for the summer as a PSA on the desks, there are loads of jobs for the summer, plenty of overtime and hundreds of girls working there !
Try ARL recruitment.

Yeah, im going to Drop by Manchester Airports job centre on saturday. Just has jobs available for the Airport. I'll find something eventually. In no rush, im not unemployed, but labouring isnt a career path Laughing
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:49 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the Royal Air Force for 4 years. I applied for the Army but my c*nt of a Dad wouldn't sign, I was only 17.

You have to follow your dream. I was engaged to my fiancee for the last two or three years of my service, and it really wasn't that hard. We were 450 miles apart for 6 months, and for the rest, we were 200 miles apart. It really wasn't that much of a problem, I even had a second job at weekends when I came home to see her.

If you aren't meant for each other, then it won't work, but if you really love each other, then she can go with you. Forgive me for being blunt, but I would say fuck her off and go have the time of your life.

On the quiet, go to your local Army career office for a quick chat. Your under no obligation and they are sound guys. Thumbs Up

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, id love to also Joine the RAF, but every bloody Trade i have chosen has a stupid 2 year waiting list Crying or Very sad . Im in the process of joining up with the Army, just still keeping my Options open appyling for other jobs also. Got 98 out of 100 on the Army Barb test, just waiting for doctor send his report back to them on my health! ( got a long history of fuck ups, knee operation, hip operation) just Docs got to write proof ive been symptom free for 12 months. Then it can all go ahead.

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:11 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get your girlfriend involved...

I joined BG and wish that I had gone for a surveyor/valuer job in London that would have had me travelling round the world.... and then we broke up!!!

Life's a bitch

Craig G(Noggin)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1