Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kickstart Rider Training

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Kickstart Rider Training Reply with quote

Anyone used this company before? Are they any good?

Email wrote:
Hi Toby

Thanks for your enquiry.

A lot of schools quote for 3 or 4 day courses. If you've seen our website you'll be aware that we prefer to do lessons on a weekly basis i.e. 2 hours at a time.

We do this for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I find that intensive courses of 5 hours a day are hard work for most people and the training doesn't get time to sink in. Secondly, most of our customers come via word of mouth and if I can get someone through their test without it costing them an arm and a leg they tell their mates. (No I'm not a saint!)

I'm assuming you've done a CBT. We don't need to teach you how to ride but we would show you the differences between riding a 125 and a bigger bike.

Having ridden a 125 for that length of time we would be looking to put you onto a 500 for your first lesson.

As a rough guide I would suggest that 5 lessons would be enough to get you through your test.

Lessons are £25.00 per hour - £50.00 for a two hour lesson - 5 lessons. £250.00.

Obviously this is only a guide. Maybe 4 lessons, maybe 6.

If you need any further info please ring us on

Sounds quite good to me! Again, anyone got experience with these people? I'd rather book with someone that's recommended by someone else.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're good

But their bikes are fucked.

And the prices have gone up, too. It was only £20 an hour when i used them last year. They're nice guys and full of advice. They're on parr industrial estate, just round the corner from me. If you need to find them, then do a reccy before your lesson so you know where it is.

If you're coming from warrington, then go through burtonwood, cross where the rover garage used to be, and go striaght ahead, then carry on straight ahead at the next round about. carry on straight ahead, and it should be somewhere on your right on Delta rd (i think)

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
They're good

But their bikes are fucked.

And the prices have gone up, too. It was only £20 an hour when i used them last year. They're nice guys and full of advice. They're on parr industrial estate, just round the corner from me. If you need to find them, then do a reccy before your lesson so you know where it is.

If you're coming from warrington, then go through burtonwood, cross where the rover garage used to be, and go striaght ahead, then carry on straight ahead at the next round about. carry on straight ahead, and it should be somewhere on your right on Delta rd (i think)

Jack

Nice,

Thanks,

I'll ask them about their bikes!

Toby

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're mechanically sound (i think), but they're been through the wars. The cg they had me on had a revolving mirror which whilst mildly entertaining, was quite annoying.

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
They're mechanically sound (i think), but they're been through the wars. The cg they had me on had a revolving mirror which whilst mildly entertaining, was quite annoying.

Jack

I've had that on my CG, and that was mint... I just think they come loose from time to time...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1