Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

While you're all panicking over bird flu...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 07 Apr 2006    Post subject: While you're all panicking over bird flu... Reply with quote

Those cnuts in parliament are trying to slip this past with no-one noticing:

The "Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill", and it threatens to bypass normal Parliamentary controls, and make it almost impossible to stop government ministers from enacting any law they like.

https://www.saveparliament.org.uk/

Get writing to your MP or we're all fucked. Shocked

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I know about that and the fact the labour party rejected ANY safeguards you know the kinds that prevent death squads , elections being cancelled , death camps for non labour voters etc, but what are we supposed to do about it? ,

nothing first thing we learn in law @ university is that we live in a parlimentary democracy which is just a nice name for a elected maleviolent dictatorship.

Where only one day out of 4-5 matters.

the only real way to avoid such crap is to leave the country , which 350,000 middle class people do each year.

let me educate you:

MPs have 2 addresses , one they give to the public one they keep private and give to friends/family and mail order companies.

Address 1 is given out to joe public , this leads to a furnace or a paper recycling box , hence you canwrite all you want they won't take a damned bit of notice.

Also MPs key qualities are avarice , and have very weak principles so they say no we don't agree with this and that what they really mean is I want to be sent on a fact finding mission to Jamacia for 3 weeks in the summer all expenses paid and a fat lump into my swiss bank account.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:31 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if they dont go thru all their mail personally, i think it will all be read

any mp who isnt a minister will probably be against this limiting of parliaments powers to keep government in check

i wish i could be bothered to write to my mp as it might make a difference.

i think blairs all women shortlists is also a way of reducing the number of mps who will stand up to him and his whips. As traditionally mps come from local politics with old labour views.

good thread bazza

we already have death squads for anyone suspected of being a suicide bomber so who knows what else they have planned.

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey. This was one of Hitlers first tricks. Won't it have to go to the House of Lords?

...and now we see the reason why Labour got rid of herediatry peers. As if peers who have paid for the privallege ( or been selected ) will vote against the government when they need to call in a favour.

The Reds are back. Hold on to your balls.

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:57 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this like the enabling act of 1934 when the reichstag pretty much handed everything over to Hitler?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 17:47 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Is this like the enabling act of 1934 when the reichstag pretty much handed everything over to Hitler?

Yes.

Quite cleverly, any limiting articles or clauses built into the legislation can be altered using the legislation itself!

It's so sinister, it's almost comic.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:03 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So technically we *could* be under a dictatorship? From a sort of left wing party?

That's not to say communists have never been dicatators. Just seems weird.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1