Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tories to axe Human Rights Act (at last!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:46 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Tories to axe Human Rights Act (at last!) Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm ready to rip up Human Rights Act, declares Cameron
By Graeme Wilson, Political Correspondent
(Filed: 13/05/2006)

David Cameron revealed yesterday that he is ready to tear up the Human Rights Act amid growing public concern that it is being exploited by foreign criminals.

If he wins the next general election, the Conservative leader will order a review of the law introduced by Labour eight years ago and rewrite the legislation if necessary.

However, if it becomes clear that it was not possible to improve the Act through amendments, Mr Cameron is prepared to abolish it.

Every, and I mean every single detainee at my place uses the HR legislation as a key part of their case against Immigration. Usually it applies because they would have their rights infringed due to something disgraceful they have done, like raped children, murdered 5 people, etc. It equally applies to things like them claiming to have medical conditions that wouldn't be treated as well in a Gambian hospital as they would in Harley Street!

You can bet your bottom dollar that a large proportion of the un-deported foreign criminals mentioned in the news recently remain in Blighty because of their cunning use of this defence - it's high time it was removed. Looks like the Tories have a chance of getting in next time round now, excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it shouldn't be canned but modified akin to the outlaw system:
with certain guarentees for all criminal or not:

no cruel and unusual treatment (which should be normal anyway since we have loads of unsafe convictions if you kill beat or maim people later who are found to be innocent say sally Clarke or Angela Cannings how can you compensate them)

right to a fair trial

innocent before proven guilty.

Non outlaws have more rights than outlaws and convicted criminals and hence the system favours them instead , you know the rights to life
free association
family
etc

Removing it completely at a stroke removes the rights of the law abiding too , and since NL are dark corrupt and meglomanical you can't trust them to remove all these rights from law abiding people esp since it is virtually guarenteed they will slip in a pay rise and some exploitative powers akin to a stazi state.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway allthe tories need to do to get in is wait,

to guarentee it,

to scrap the pay as you drive system and say NL will introduce it , which 96% of drivers don't likr (thats 27 million votes at a stroke).

For the environmentalists

Reduce SVO and bio diesel taxes to what they were last year which currently makes biodiesel and SVO as expensive as normal diesel and petrol.

Can nuclear power in favour of clean coal (which increases each KWh by 2p which separates all the C02 from the exhaust of coal plants and pumps them into oil spaces under the sea) allowing 100% capital allowance on this , this will pay for itself.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:09 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be canned. Thumbs Up

Although knowing the government we'll get the UK equivalent of the US patriot act 1 & 2 to replace it. Shocked

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all in favour of it, lets hope they can do the same with political correctness next. Thumbs Up

Zimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
no it shouldn't be canned but modified akin to the outlaw system:
with certain guarentees for all criminal or not:

no cruel and unusual treatment (which should be normal anyway since we have loads of unsafe convictions if you kill beat or maim people later who are found to be innocent say sally Clarke or Angela Cannings how can you compensate them)

right to a fair trial

innocent before proven guilty.

Non outlaws have more rights than outlaws and convicted criminals and hence the system favours them instead , you know the rights to life
free association
family
etc

Removing it completely at a stroke removes the rights of the law abiding too , and since NL are dark corrupt and meglomanical you can't trust them to remove all these rights from law abiding people esp since it is virtually guarenteed they will slip in a pay rise and some exploitative powers akin to a stazi state.

Well, yes, a fair point, but all of the above were enshrined in English Law (and, as far as I'm aware, still are) BEFORE the HR legislation was introduced!

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

going back to the magna carta would be good but most of that has been repealed and replaced

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Should be canned. Thumbs Up

Although knowing the government we'll get the UK equivalent of the US patriot act 1 & 2 to replace it. Shocked

its the same reason we put up and pay thr 80p per man woman and child for the queen and don't go republic , cus we'd end up with el presidente Blair.

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
its the same reason we put up and pay thr 80p per man woman and child for the queen and don't go republic

Where do you get that figure from?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a quote inthe papers a while ago saying that the queen and her ilk cost us all the price of a loaf of bread , since a loaf of bread is floating round the 80P mark , thats the figure I use.

@17500rpm
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:25 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the day people commit proper sicko acts is the day they loose their human rights IMO Mad

sooner the better. Thumbs Up

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:33 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there were just more people with 'common' sense in positions of power. Everything shouldn't have to be so set in stone. Leaves everything open to abuse I know, but things aren't exactly fair as they are.

Watch anything political and it's like a big game. None of them seem to realise that they're running the country. Instead of picking holes in eachothers arguements, they should get on with running the country and treat it more like a private company.

Rick.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:36 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brave thing to to would be to keep it & work within it.

As I want the rights given to me in HR legislation. I can deal with a few nasty people abusing it as a price worth paying.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:46 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:
The brave thing to to would be to keep it & work within it.

I think you'll find he states that as his first option.

Quote:

As I want the rights given to me in HR legislation. I can deal with a few nasty people abusing it as a price worth paying.

Most, if not all, of what we would consider rights were already enshrined in UK law. It is a lot more than 'a few' nasty people abusing it, it's tens of thousands of them. Every single one of then that does so is then in a position to infringe yet more of 'nice people's' rights.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen to what Blair is saying he says he wants powers to overturn court decisions , such that the enshrined sort of law where whence found not guilty in a trial by a jury of peers , he wants such a power to turn this into a guilty verdict.

this is unsafe , esp with the bad charactor rules and retrials , they should have the Scottish unproven verdict which doens't mean you are innocent it just means the case the CPS brings is too weak and its more a case of we blody well know you did it.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 13:24 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
listen to what Blair is saying he says he wants powers to overturn court decisions , such that the enshrined sort of law where whence found not guilty in a trial by a jury of peers , he wants such a power to turn this into a guilty verdict.

No politican should ever be allowed that kind of power, especially blair.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:54 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only real solution, is to drag everyone else up to our standards of living.

Then nobody would be arsed coming here & the arguments from both sides) would be invalid anyway.

I trust and respect Cameron for more than Blair, & that coming from someone who ideologically hates the Tories.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Itchy wrote:

No politican should ever be allowed that kind of power, especially blair.

he got his butt kicked the other day on election day last year he used a 400 year old power of Royal perogative to exile an entire people from the Galapagos islands , he tried to hide it CH4 exposed it , it got over turned ,

this is a GOOD result of the human rights law since it allows people we exiled at the point of the gun to go back home , well mostly since Diego Garcia now has a gigantic airbase on it which we lease to the US.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:
Only real solution, is to drag everyone else up to our standards of living.

Then nobody would be arsed coming here & the arguments from both sides) would be invalid anyway.

I trust and respect Cameron for more than Blair, & that coming from someone who ideologically hates the Tories.

No theres two theories on this , a race to the top or a race to the bottom , if you are at the top people want to be you or live with you , if you are at the bottom people want to leave you, Blair has been going the race to the bottom ,economic policies during the first 5 years of NL were ones to contract the economy hence he just got lucky.

if you were savvy enough to watch the news closely take home pay went down last year , taxes going up and the economy is falling apart with supressed inflation (read Chinese imports) , and what not.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1