Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Volcano - Fuck

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Volcano - Fuck Reply with quote

Merapi eruption

I won't be surprised if this thing triggers something more catastrophic than global warming - remember how Krakatoa caused climatic changes in the late 19thC.

Only difference is that now begin to GIVE A FUCK! Reason being is that my gran's house is 20miles from the volcano in a remote town called Boyolali. Historically it has been said that any pyroclastic flows will no flow down her side of the mountain but i'm a bit skeptical about that.

Secondly, my parents are building their retirement villa on the otherside of the slope in Yogyakarta. Haven't been able to get in contact with my mum who'se overseeing the build and this is what's getting me anxious. Being located within a 100km blast radius is very very bad. Ain't heard from my old man.

Sod's law i'd go there this summer to find scorched earth Crying or Very sad . Already been in 6.1 Richter scale quake whilst back in Indo and i don't wanna fucking be in a major volcanic explosion.

Trust me tho, fucking great biking roads around merapi, will be a shame to see it go.

I guess i don't give a fuck about the hose pipe ban now cos if Merapi does BLOW, which i'm pretty sure it will, it's one of those history changing things.

Last edited by The Tot on 09:24 - 16 May 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:22 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Volcanolo - Fuck Reply with quote

Nasty, Sad Hope they're all ok and will continue to be. Thumbs Up

Titz wrote:
Secondly, my parents are building their retirement villa on the otherside of the slope in Yogyakarta.

Isnt that a very stupid thing to do though? Confused

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Never fun to have relatives close to a potentially nasty situation. Sure you'll hear from them soon, it's mostly the old native types who don't want to leave their cows behind who refuse to evacuate.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:27 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me laugh my socks off at people building wind farms, fitting low energy lightbulbs and suchlike.

Want to see climate change? When Krakatoa blew its top, they heard the explosion in Australia and the global AVERAGE temperature dropped two degrees, river Thames froze solid etc.

Anything we do is like pissing into the wind.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:30 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more stink. Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Dad got back to me, Gran's safe, dad assured me house will be safe. Provided that historical data is correct due to the amount of european volcanologists that have surveyed merapi over the years, it prediction of the lava flow will be heading into the valley north between Mt Merapi and Merbabu as it has a much steeper gradient and therefore path of less resistence. I'll try to trawl for pic of me and the site of my parents house. You can clearly see Merapi, quite some distance away but quite worrying as it's got that omnipresent appearance to it. You can see it throughout most of central java as it's about 2970ft tall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1