Ducati Vs Japanese Motorcycles

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:42 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
Because they are better at what they actually are, sports bikes.

That's why Ducati could only win WSB when the rules favoured twins ?

And they can't win jack shit on a level playing field ?

Hotdog.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:25 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

More focused sports bike that's easier to use with a more friendly power delivery than his SRAD?
Sounds like attributes usually associated with a tourer.

As always, soul is in the arse of the rider - and for a lot of people they find the flat power delivery and stable handling of a duacti rather lacking in soul compared to the revvy power delivery of a sports in line four.

Soul seems to be a word most used either by those that have spent a lot of money on a relatively slower bike, or those who have a bike with big failings.

tintin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want Jap reliability with a big V twin character then buy an Aprilia Mille or Tuono - I did...

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 14:48 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i didnt go for a brand new ZX636 or GSXR600 and lets face it, they are bargains at the moment.

They are everywhere, we know they are good and this is proven, but it just isnt the same when everyone else has one.
The riding is good, but having got used to a bit more torque on the 750, i realised i like torque more than revving the cunt off to get power all the time. i find it better and smoother for going quick on the road.
They are a thing of beauty, design perfection, you may like it you may not but it pulls a croud, your riding something that some people dream of having and that makes it feel special.
If you only care about the riding, then they ride pretty well too, all this breakdown all the time is rubbish, 9 times out of 10 they havent even seen a ducati up close, let alone ride one.

I didnt buy my bike purely for riding perfection, there are probably other bikes which ride better, but couple the looks, the name and the ride.
it beats any japanese bike going.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it beats any japanese bike going.

Whistle

https://www.blackrhubarb.com/pages/images/rc30/rc30-11.jpg

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 16:23 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Razz Shocked

Quote:
The reason i didnt go for a brand new ZX636 or GSXR600 and lets face it, they are bargains at the moment.

They are everywhere, we know they are good and this is proven, but it just isnt the same when everyone else has one.
The riding is good, but having got used to a bit more torque on the 750, i realised i like torque more than revving the cunt off to get power all the time. i find it better and smoother for going quick on the road. They are a thing of beauty, design perfection, you may like it you may not but it pulls a croud, your riding something that some people dream of having and that makes it feel special.

Sorry, but for a moment there I thought you were talking about my "Japanese bike" Neutral Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:31 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Soul seems to be a word most used either by those that have spent a lot of money on a relatively slower bike, or those who have a bike with big failings.

Well said.

Or 'character' or any of the (non-existent) qualities that harleys possess over 'lesser' bikes.....

It's all a load of hype.

Hotdog.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
its a matter of opinion but Italian bikes (especially ducati) always build a bike with more soul rather than the latest and greatest 1 more bhp and 1 gram lighter gsxr.
Its different, It works and its dam good Smile

I'm with you - who really cares about a 1 mph difference? I read the magazine reviews of the latest 600cc class or litre class sportsbikes and they're ranked 1 to 4/5/6. But if they were all marked 0-10, they'd all be scoring 9.x with very little between them.

So, unless you're a semi-pro track rider, you buy the bike that:

Feels best
    Looks best
    You can get the best deal on

(not necessarily in that order - plus the first two, and possibly the third, are subjective)

If I were to buy a bike this afternoon (and I thought about it when I was at the dealers earlier) I'd buy an Aprilia RSV-R. It might not be the fastest bike out there, but it still scores 9 point something in the performance stakes, it looks fantastic and they're offering a 4 year warranty, £1000 off and 0% finance.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4