Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Speedway / Grasstrack

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Does Speedway / Grasstrack Interest You?
Been Once or More & Like It
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Seen It On TV / Other, & Like It
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Been Once or More & Dont Like It
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Seen It On TV / Other & Dont Like It
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I Jump On The Bandwagon So I Only Like Supermoto / Moto-x!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Speedway / Grasstrack Reply with quote

Ok so i figure this section is probably the most tuned to this category of motorcycle racing...

So i am basically just interested in finding out who is actually interested in speedway / grasstrack?

Its a bit different to Moto-x and Supermoto's, but i was just wondering if people actually had an interest in sports out of the ordinary... or away from the main stream?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:10 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Speedway / Grasstrack Reply with quote

I'm interested in some out-of-the-ordinary sports, but speedway's never massively apealed to watch.
Wouldn't mind a go at it though, looks fun for the rider Smile.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:35 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep meaning to go as there is a speedway place near me in wolverhampton

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Speedway / Grasstrack Reply with quote

G wrote:
Wouldn't mind a go at it though, looks fun for the rider Smile.

Its definately that Thumbs Up

I think you would probably realy enjoy it actually G, its something completely different to road racing Thumbs Up

You never know, you might walk away learning something Thumbs Up

Colin:

Yeah you should definately check out Wolverhampton Wolves, they are a pretty decent side, however ive never been to their track so not sure whether its a dump or not.

Due to the lack of funding for the sport now, its quite common for tracks to be pretty run down Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 04:19 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a few local boys ripping it up in one of the local fields on a sunday ages ago. Dunno if they was from our local team or what, but they were good.

Seems like a lot of fun, and i would love a go at it.

Problem is, where do you get ahold of a speedway bike? I havent see them advertised anywhere.

How cheap a sport is it to participate in?

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looney wrote:
Problem is, where do you get ahold of a speedway bike? I havent see them advertised anywhere.

Depends what your looking for, now-a-days you can actually pick up a starter bike pretty easily and cheaply on eBay Rolling Eyes

Also check "Speedway Star Magazine" as they have a classified section too...

Looney wrote:
How cheap a sport is it to participate in?

Depends what level,

If your interested in getting started, or just trying it out i would suggest doing one of the "Try it out / training Days" that are run at Kings Lynn speedway. The days are called "Powerslide Training Days" and run by Peter Boast - an ex rider and the same guy who is running the UK Short Track series...

This seems to be powerslides latest website

After that - training days or open days at training tracks are normally about £30 to enter Thumbs Up

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:50 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been once, but found it a bit boring really as they just go round in circles. I prefer enduro / mx

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Somerset lot are about 2 miles away from me I think, they're out there doing something every Friday evening, because i hear them clearly. Laughing

I admire them really as I could never do it, but it doesn't interest me as a sport.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:34 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to reading a few times to watch it. Pretty good to watch in real life because they go so quick, and the noise is unreal.

Quite expensive to watch though, i think it was £20 a ticket, for about 15 races.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
Been to reading a few times to watch it. Pretty good to watch in real life because they go so quick, and the noise is unreal.

Quite expensive to watch though, i think it was £20 a ticket, for about 15 races.

Yeah its one of the noisiest sports i know Laughing

Also the smell!!!! You cant beat that smell Smile

Cant believe how expensive that was! Surely not £20?

I pay £10 at peterborough as a student... £12/13 as an adult, and i thought that was expensive Shocked

Try and blag your way in as a student - i do it at every track i go to: Just say "1 Student please" then they either let you in or ask for your Student ID - Just say that you dont have it because the term has ended and you are waiting on the new ones to be printed Thumbs Up

Works a charm, they just go "Ok well ill let you in this time, but you need to bring it next time" Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 22 days between these two posts...

Amen
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:25 - 10 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

KMXKEV
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:59 - 05 Aug 2007    Post subject: SPEEDWAY/GRASSTRACK Reply with quote

We go as a family to watch Workington Comets most weeks, we all enjoy it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KMXKEV
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:02 - 05 Aug 2007    Post subject: SPEEDWAY/GRASSTRACK Reply with quote

We go as a family to watch Workington Comets most weeks, we all enjoy it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1