Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

North Korea launches long range missiles...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:48 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: North Korea launches long range missiles... Reply with quote

BBC news

CNN report

Wewps... i'll get white washing me windows i reckon... wonder if i still have any cans of beans to last me a good 15 years Very Happy

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:29 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambitious but the missiles failed so we dont have a lot to worry about

it always seem daft to me that america take the moral high ground about nuclear weapons when they have more than anyone else and are the only country to have used them.

but admittedly north korea really shd be spending its money on feeding its people

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 03:22 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea has a long history of sabre rattling. They periodically carry out some sort of test or military manouver designed to draw world (and particularly U.S.) attention to them.

They do this knowing full well that the only power likely to take serious action about it are the USA and they wont touch the Korean situation with a barge pole, having effectively been handed their arse on a plate the last time they tried.

So, they rattle their sabres, the US demands they desist and the Koreans say "What's it worth to me?".

Politics then takes over and the Koreans win more favourable trading conditions in return for abandoning whatever the new weapons programme was this time, which is what they wanted in the first place.

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:40 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Koreans are trying to start a war so it will boost their economy just like the USA did with Vietnam.

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:57 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, wars are a drain on the economy unless you seize lots of assetts ( Iraq was meant to be a goldmine/oil-field)

i dont believe that vietnam helped americas economy

and i agree with stink that korea is trying to get more stuff to make it be good

its like the naughty kids at school who keep being appeased by getting to go on trips and such, if they stopped being naughty, they wdnt get to go on the trips

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 04:03 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
no, wars are a drain on the economy unless you seize lots of assetts ( Iraq was meant to be a goldmine/oil-field)

i dont believe that vietnam helped americas economy

Have you ever seen the film JFK? If not, watch it, there is a brilliant scene were the conspiracy is revealed to Kevin Cosner by an ex-black ops officer.

Basically, the USA were going broke, they needed money and a lot of it, JFK didn't want the troops in Vietnam, the pentagon did, he was shot, new president (LBJ), he allowed it.

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 04:35 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may come as news to you, but many conspiracy theories are complete bollocks, and movies are made to entertain, not to inform

although i almost believe this bit

JFK didn't want the troops in Vietnam, the pentagon did, he was shot, new president (LBJ), he allowed it.

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul@125power wrote:
Have you ever seen the film JFK? If not, watch it, there is a brilliant scene were the conspiracy is revealed to Kevin Cosner by an ex-black ops officer.

Basically, the USA were going broke, they needed money and a lot of it, JFK didn't want the troops in Vietnam, the pentagon did, he was shot, new president (LBJ), he allowed it.

It's probably not wise to base an opinion on a fictional account of history (dramatisation at best). I'm pretty sure most historians cringe at that film, as it's resulted in countless people thinking they know what they're talking about. Everybody loves a conspiracy.

Back on topic:

It does seem like there might be some ramification this time: Japan are threatening to put sanctions in right away and the UN is meeting today. Looks like a slap on the wrists is on the way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking sense tonight colin Thumbs Up

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Korea.

It annoys me that the Americans think they rule the world. Who are they to say who can and can't have weapons. If anybody I would say they are the most dangerous people of all.
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 13:37 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:

thanks but dont make it sound like a rare occurence Smile

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Stink says its just sabre rattling , AND hyperbole ,

hyperbole the US and UK governments want to keep their people scared and thus more willing to accept bad laws did somebody say ID cards? (which conviently the government has REFUSED the freedom of information act detailing the costs) ,

truth be told a couple of AEGIS cruisers parked in the Sea of Japan would generally nullify this so called threat , as you can bet they are probably just direct desendants of the V2 , unlike the Sunburn russian missile which was designed to sink carriers and get through defences.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
TOM M wrote:

thanks but dont make it sound like a rare occurence Smile

Laughing

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:34 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dont believe that vietnam helped americas economy

Did wonders for the arms industry though!

thinkingabout...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:38 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

42 seconds in the air. I could call it a glorified firework, except that a firework would probably do better. It seems more on the level of those Qassams that Hamas use to burn some blades of grass in Israel.

Em, wars are good for an economy. The massive growth in government spending and employment is good at some cost later in terms of debt. Also it allows officers (like for the US in Iraq) to get some solid combat experience and a break from desk work. Nazi Germany was economically empowered simply by spending on guns and roads. Presumably some unfortunate slave in eastern Europe would work off the debt.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 317 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1