Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

husky te610 98 ?1100 too good to be true ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:09 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: husky te610 98 £1100 too good to be true ? Reply with quote

Im thinking about a road legal big single with a set of offroad wheels and a set of supermoto wheels

I know I am fine on something like a wr450. Wd a 600 be much more unmanageable ? im 5ft8

this seems about £500 cheaper than other stuff

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230022549317&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

is this because it has expensive problems ?

are ccm and husky always cheaper than jap bikes, is quality about the same ?

If I got something it wd have to be something low maintenance.

smaller bikes wd probably better offroad for me, but i had thought bigger bikes might be more handy on the road.

got a bit of cash, not sure whether to part with it. could get something for £1500 but would prefer something less

quite a few motocross tracks near me and i quite like the idea of using a dirt bike style bike around town too.

quite possible it wd be used on road more than offroad which is why im now leaning a bit more towards bigger bikes. on road use about 50mph max

a wr450 seems to have a lot more power than an old 650 dominator but one was on a track, and the other on road, so hard to tell

opinions on that bike on ebay pls and anything related

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:14 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Husky are part of Cagiva.

Any proper Supermoto is not going to be low maintenance. They are competition bikes crudely converted by someone in the past for road use. Still going to have a very short service interval (probably ~500 mile oil changes).

All the best

Keith

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:18 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

By the way, suspect the pic at the bottom of that Ebay listing is at rather a different date to the main ones. Extra number, different front mudguard, different exhausts, etc.

All the best

Keith

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:47 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how can i find out which models are highly tuned high maintenance things and which arent ?

for example i think a wr450 has similar service intervals to a normal road bike buy a yzf 450 is more of a full on motocross bike so will need more frequent servicing

is this right ?

i was assuming that anything road legal was normal servicing, and anything in the motocross section was high maintenance

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:07 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wr is an enduro bike and yz is a full on crosser, the wr is longer service intervals and yz shorter but you get a u much more quicker, lighter bike with a yz... any decent quick bikes will need more maintenance, most just need regular oil and filters which is cheap as most only hold around a litre of oil anyhows, and a valve clearance check evry now and then, other than that there pretty reliable, its only ktm and husaberg which tend to go pop more often and are pricy for spares!! ive got a road legal yz400 at the mo which is briliant, very reliable and great fun, had a go on a wr recently and it felt, heavy, bouncy and slow compared... if you want a comuter go for a wr, ccm ect ect if you want wheelies and fun go for a better bike........ Very Happy oh and that husky will prob need a top end rebuild at least, new cam chain and tensioner ect, may prove costly if your not doing the work yourself Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TE610 is an off road bike. The TE610E is more road based.

Not sure if they share the same engine internals. They won't have intervals as low as 500miles.

Older air-cooled bikes have hgigher intervals.

Newer 400cc ones have much shorter intervals, except the drz as it's less stressed.

At a guess, high interval bikes would be DRZ, LC4, RC600/Nordwest / TTR600 / DR?00 / XL600 / XR600.

Things like CRF's are more expensivce to maintain than two strokes of similar power output - see attached pdf.

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:20 - 28 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the latest four strokes like crf, rmz ect are VERY high maintenance, more than most two strokes, as above things like drz,xr are ok maintenance wise but just dont have the umphhh that the others do..... best to go ride some and see for yourself and see what power bike youl be happy with as all peple are diferent buddy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:30 - 29 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Found this:-

https://www.husqvarnausa.com/ownersManuals/TE610E-SM610S.pdf#search=%22husqvarna%20te610%20manual%22

Owners manual for the TE610E.

The servicing might worry you (and that is the road biased version).

All the best

Keith

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 29 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know about Husky's is that one bloke in RiDE magazine had one and the oil change intervals were indeed 500 miles. No bike would be worth that effort in my opinion. Confused

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 29 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A certain member had a full on race sm model that had oil change intervals of about 100 miles Laughing . Easy engines to work on thought just an exceedingly high price for parts.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 29 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the chain in the pictures on that auction - that one hasn't been maintained very well at all (dry, slack, tight links and a bit of paint). If they are supposed to be high maintenance, that one might be one to steer clear of.

powergen italia
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:52 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Re: husky te610 98 £1100 too good to be true ? Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

is this because it has expensive problems ?

yes is the simple answer.

exhausts are probably higashi, therefore illegal

engine smokes, that's bad.

head gasket is £45

camchain is £70

it has a 260mm front disc, really need a 320, so that's another £150, a spacer for the caliper, £56.

husqvarna do the E model, which i have. it is a sanitised enduro bike. pillion pegs, e start, proper lights etc. it is a bit heavier, less powerful, however service is 3k, unlike the 5hrs for the 'pukka' bike.
oh, and that bike DOESN'T have an oil pump btw.

hth
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1