Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

t reg speedfight 100 probs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

pandysei
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:53 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: t reg speedfight 100 probs Reply with quote

i have recently bought myself a written off speedy 100 and know a bit about bikes and scoots but this is baffling me. its trying to pull away at tickover and i have overhauled drive system and fitted new roller weights. the weights used are for speedy 1 up to 2000 and fit into channels in variator(tried speedy 2 ones and too fat) the drive still isnt right so i tried a new belt, also ordered for speedy 1 and part number matches with microfiche. the problem is that new belt is too long but should match up. the belt fitted si a totally different height and shape but unfortunately has no part numbers or markings to give me an idea what it is. i think and i might be mistaken but think my scoot is fitted with speedy 50 variator and belt, and because rollers are same width they fit in channels!! please has anyoneany dimensions of a 99 model speedy variator and belt because all the information i can gather just doesnt give me dimensions Crying or Very sad or has anyone else had same probs?? please help me Wink

befdelta7
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:41 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the clutch springs on the clutch might be too weak or too stretched, this will cause the bike to pull away on tick over. what u'l have to do is change the clutch spring. malossi aftermarket springs will cost you 15-20 quid for 3 sets 9 in total red green blue. blue are the strongest, red are the medium strenght and green are the weakest of the 3 sets.

or the revs are to high and the clutch is engauging. if so turn the revs down using the idle screw on the carb (usually the screw that sticks out the most and centered in the middle of the carb)

pandysei
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:45 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

rear clutch all ok and springs checked and tickover set correctly, its deffinately something to do with variator and belt but cheers anyway Wink

befdelta7
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:09 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure because the drive system is run by centrufugal force. the rear wheel only turns when the clutch engauges when the engine runs to a certain rpm. are the roller too light? also have you accually looked at the clutch shoes and springs? other than that i cant think what else the problem is. but my best bet is its something to do with clutch.

if the springs are weak or stretched the this will almost certainly cause the rear wheel to turn when ticking over.
hope this helps and i hope you sort the problem.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1