Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Weathers mocking me

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:45 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Weathers mocking me Reply with quote

Typical, its sunny... AND WINDY AS FUCKING HELL.

Anyone actually tried a leisure ride (spirited of course) in this... nearly got blown into too many cars yesterday.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:04 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did Razz but im only riding a 125. haha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep ive been out today on my bike and the wind is too dangorous i turned back and went home (60mph +yamaha rxs=shit myself)
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 18:18 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Weathers mocking me Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Typical, its sunny... AND WINDY AS FUCKING HELL

Is there a lake near you bonny? Or the coast?

If there's either of these two, sounds like the ideal time to take up kiteboarding Razz

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been out over the top of Snake Pass today, windy as fuck but still fun

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

was the same yesterday, i ended up getting an unexpected lane change from a supprisingly stong blast of wind on the dual carriage way (was empty so i was lucky there ^^)

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god there are back roads leading from my house as i am by the coast and the waves get so violent during windy times you risk safety driving down that way. Crap when your on a wee bike and weight 9 and a half stone Confused

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 19:22 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its when you're sitting there going, i REALLY want to go faster/overtake that muppet in front, but its not /really/ safe...

Oh fine sod it.

Wobble.

Ok back to behaving.

Or a monologue a tad like that.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

thebat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out for a few hours yesterday in the gails and drizzle then today its sunny and hot. There is no justice.

To top it off i blow out a trip to Silverstone Trax today cos i didnt want to be dodging showers all day.

Love this British weather

Hay at least Faversham's got hop festival all weekend.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice evening down here in the south, winds arn't too bad but nice for a ride.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was out on the moors today and it was wild, but not a problem as my bike is very heavy and not faired - hardly affects it.
There was a vintage run to watch and some of the lightweight 250s and such on skinny tyres were all over the place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a kite. Thumbs Up

The moment you are the owner of a decent kite you will never see a breath of wind again......... Wink

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forget the 1st time I went out on a windy day during my pre-DAS times.
Just imagine an inexperienced sack of spuds riding a CG125 on an NSL road at 50mph+ (A470 between Merthyr and Brecon). At one point in particular there's a rather exposed bridge acroos the river, and the cross winds can get pretty severe there at times.
My main problem was that after so many years as a cager, I'd never really noticed the effect the wind might have.

Well, slightly too much speed, a novice rider, and an unexpected crosswind resulting in the bike starting to twitch and feel light...
There was one serious pinch mark on the seat that day Shocked Rolling Eyes

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:29 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminded me off my trip, the nightmare of the newcastle to inverness segment, bastard gail winds, riding along the hills, that strong from being soaked in torrential rain, we were bone dry within 10 minutes.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 03:37 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Buy a kite. Thumbs Up

The moment you are the owner of a decent kite you will never see a breath of wind again......... Wink

Ah hah! Someone in a similar frame of mind to me!

My kitesurfing kite was an expensive bit of kit to say the least...and the wind in Dubai is rubbish!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1