Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha dtr 125 2001

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

syconi
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:00 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Yamaha dtr 125 2001 Reply with quote

i have had this bike for a few months now and its been pretty good.i have now found out that there is a big hole in my standard tail pipe. wanting to know if i am losing power because of this and also ive just bought a full dep racing exust system (not fitted yet) for it for 250£ and wanting to know if this will also increase my power?

thanks Very Happy

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:13 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I also own a DT super little bikes! Laughing

The hole in your silencer shouldn't make any difference, I've run 2strokes with no baffles, fully packed, leaky silencers and there's no difference apart from noise. All the power comes from the expansion chamber.

As for the new DEP system, I've only ever ridden DTs with DEPs so can't really say if it will give more power. Definitly expect a little power and they sound fuckin lovely, once you hit the powerband they scream!

https://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6595/wheeliefourqc4.jpg

Keep it on one! - dan

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

syconi
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:20 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good to know Very Happy

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could wheelie my DT Sad I dont wanna change the sprockets either as mine isnt good on top-end as it is without making it shorter (60 as its still restricted with front exhaust. PV is derestricted though)

Stock is 14.5bhp or around that. With a dep I think they push it up around 20+ bhp. You will notice a difference Very Happy

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the vid of me on the dt (repost) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-hUo8lw1lU

It's pretty much just about technique, I'm pretty confident I could wheelie a DT with 5hp.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 18:58 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
here's the vid of me on the dt (repost) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-hUo8lw1lU

It's pretty much just about technique, I'm pretty confident I could wheelie a DT with 5hp.

Hi Dischord, you needs to get working on rear brake control .. you have really nice slow wheelies and you look pretty smooth especially considering its a 2 stroke.. with back brake control you'll be scraping that tail properly without falling off and so on.. keep it up mate cos you're doing really well on that 125..

I'm getting a 125 myself in a few weeks time as I want to go off roading throughout winter! still stunting the CBR though! going to stunt the 125 as well.. just want something to learn circles on really.. and better brake control, as 2 strokes have no engine braking you gotta be good on the brake. teaches you lots i think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sparks...tbh I'm frustrated, my CBT ran out and I just can't ride the bike legally! If I was legal again I would be practising daily and my wheelies would be miles better by now Sad I have ridden it 5 times since my crash almost a year ago!

Really good to see you progressing though, definitly post up some vids of you on a 125 I would like to see :d take it easy

dan

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:28 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
Hi Sparks...tbh I'm frustrated, my CBT ran out and I just can't ride the bike legally! If I was legal again I would be practising daily and my wheelies would be miles better by now Sad I have ridden it 5 times since my crash almost a year ago!

Really good to see you progressing though, definitly post up some vids of you on a 125 I would like to see :d take it easy

dan

Why can't you just re-do your CBT?

I'm not gonna be a safety nazi as such but at least wear a helmet, please?? slow speed I know but I've seen people mash their faces at lower speeds on pit bikes and so on.. up to you about the rest of gear though, I can't comment as I don't really wear appropriate stuff either Laughing

As soon as I get the 125 I'll be out practicing every night, I barely ride the CBR now and have only stunted about 4 times since April since I got stopped by the police a few times and lost all my practice spots Crying or Very sad Getting a van as well and have a few legal practice places I can go to ride the CBR! The supermoto I'll use anywhere I can find, country lanes, streets, car parks, wherever I'll ride it.. quieter, easier to ride slower and dont need as much space.. plus got the chance of off-roading then!

Looking for a Husky WRE125 I think.. but might change my mind depending on what I find for cheap.

PLEASE get your CBT done and get back out practicing Thumbs Up you'll rock before long.. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

money Thumbs Down just quit my job but am looking for an apprenticship as a sparky (maybe electricians and wheelies have something in common? Razz )

my mate used to have a husky 125! certainly more power than the dt so should be a blast to stunt on! gas gas and ktm both do nice 125's aswell so maybe something to look into Thumbs Up

once I've got some spare dosh I will re-do my CBT and (with the right gear Razz ) will start practising again Very Happy cheers for the kind words/advice

dan

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 20:09 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
money Thumbs Down just quit my job but am looking for an apprenticship as a sparky (maybe electricians and wheelies have something in common? Razz )

my mate used to have a husky 125! certainly more power than the dt so should be a blast to stunt on! gas gas and ktm both do nice 125's aswell so maybe something to look into Thumbs Up

once I've got some spare dosh I will re-do my CBT and (with the right gear Razz ) will start practising again Very Happy cheers for the kind words/advice

dan

Gas gas, good idea.. didn't think of those.. none on ebay but its another bike to keep my eyes open for.. KTM's are too expensive.. I only really want to spend £1000 on it.. seen husky WRE's , about 2002.. go for that in "average" condition.. but you don't see many of them about.

Might be tempted by a DT.. don't know yet.. will just look around and see whats best for the money, with preference to the husky cos they look cool too Cool

sparkies a good trade, if you're out for money though gas is where it's at.. seems to be more money in that.. although you do get paid quite a bit as a sparky when fully qualified.. depends how good you are and the type of contracts you do. good thing is that once you're qualifeid you have a job for life..

syconi
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:02 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

syconi
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:02 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry syconi we really hijkacked this thread lol

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1