Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

WR450 SuperMoto Style

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

mrorange
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:29 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: WR450 SuperMoto Style Reply with quote

HI all I have a WR450 only a couple of years old and looking to give it the supermoto touch, can anybody who has converted theirs or has read about one on the www, let me know what they did and purchased and so on.

Trying to get an idea on parts/prices/styling/handling/problems issues.

Not too worried about work as I can wire a plug and strip a bolt with the best of them...

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:38 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i cant help on the conversion but would love some pics once its done! thats going to be great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 09:18 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes them WRs!

Off the top of my head, smaller Supermoto rims (expensive!), tyres, larger front disc etc. Only the blindingly obvious really need doing but i can't give you much idea of pricing mate, sorry.

mrorange
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:20 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah pretty much what I had down, rims, tyres, brakes, the rest cosmetic after that.

Cheers anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! Doh!

I forget to mention a stupidly loud exhaust of some sort...preferably Akrapovic or Two Brothers Racing Razz

Surely there's gotta be some places fairly close by that'll be able to sort you out?

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you still want to use it offroad occasionally? Theres turning a bike supermoto and then theres going all out supermoto Mr. Green either way isnt cheap though!

If you want it to be dualsport id find another set of wr wheels and get them built with 17" rims and that way you just have to swap wheels when you go out on the road. You might have to play around and fit a lower tooth sprocket on the rear though to compensate loosing a few inches on the rear wheel

or

if its going SM for good you would be looking at new..

wheels and tyres (not cheap! rebuild old wheels with new rims is cheaper though)

front disc and a new caliper.. Might aswell get braided lines to go with it. Could go further and buy ASV levers if still using standard.

forks (or a custom bracket for the caliper if keeping standard forks but they would need tuning/lowering). A set of forks from another SM would be better as they will have the caliper mount ready already there for the bigger discs and they will be already setup for the road. Id look on ebay for a complete front end (forks/triple clamp/caliper). The back suspension would also need tuning but the WR comes with a decent shock anyways so that wouldnt be too hard

Sprockets (more teeth on the front, less on the back)

As for looks just get mini arrow indicators and cutdown number plate if road reg'd, SM front mudguard (DT125X mudguard for example) and take off brace and pad on the handlebars.

Would like to see this if you go through with it Mr. Green

Converting an off-roader to supermoto in my eyes isnt worth it. Much easier to just buy a supermoto then bolt on all the goodies with the money you wouldve spent on wheels, tyres, brakes and forks which could easily go beyond the £1k mark

You could sell your WR, buy something like this, then spend that £1k on things like levers or bling anodized rims or maybe an aftermarket exhaust. I know what id do Smile

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine did it to his wr he just go the wheels from a gs500.
cheep as, back wheel is a bit narrow but you could problt fit a bandit 600 wheel in there.
Very Happy
have fun

Tim..
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a word with Talon engineering, they are the fellas that did my supermoto wheels.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1