Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

anyone interested in a dr350? (new pics)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 14 Oct 2006    Post subject: [FOR SALE] anyone interested in a dr350? (new pics) [FOR SALE] Reply with quote

I have a 1996 SET (electric start only model) DR 350 that has done 20,000 miles. Very good original condition, with original exhaust. Extras include frame protectors, handlebar loop protectors and knuckle guards. Has the original tool kit in a bag on the back. Recent work includes new chain and sprockets, cam chain adjustment and valve clearence check. Has a newish set of Continental twinduro tyres, on the original rims which are in excellent condition. Bike comes with all documentation, including the owners manual and an earlier workshop manual, as well as mots reaching back several years. As it is a ten year old off road bike, it does have a couple of marks on the side panels and a few scratches on the front mudguard, and the motor has boot scuff marks on the side from being ridden. Essentially normal riding wear, the bike shows no signs of having been dropped or having had frame numbers fiddled with, common on this type of bike in particular. The motor does not use excessive amounts of oil, and blows no smoke.

I'm really just putting out the feelers for this, though last time i did that i got about 4 e-mails and the bike went the next week. I'm not gonna lie, i got the bike for £1400. Ok, really need it to go now, £1200

https://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9440/bikerhsidedrvz1.jpg

https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1407/righthsidemotoriy0.jpg

https://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5633/drreardetail12wh6.jpg

https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1460/frontwheel123sz5.jpg

https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1287/bikefront34dreaaj2.jpg

Note, the bike is in quasi legal offroad config in those pictures, to stop the tail plastics from getting damaged. I have all the original parts to put it back to standard.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, anyone? Very Happy

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:28 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a VERY tidy DR for the money...

I've got a DR myself, and they are a good introduction to laning or enduro, while still being okay on the road

edit: Ooooh.. it's a bit newer than mine, and has the leccy start!

I wonder if I can flog mine quicksharp..

a

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice deal. Can't quite afford it atm. Wonder if I can get a loan for a month or two...

I will get back to you.

Edit: Taxed, tested?

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

The bike is taxed until august 07' and is mot'd till april '07. Can see no real reason for it to fail when it comes round either.

Couple of things are:
Front brake could maybe do with a rebuild, but thats being picky, stops fine but squeaks at low speed (only low speed, has newish pads, i don't think the leading edges were bevelled before they went in).

Indicators flash erratically sometimes, could maybe do with a new flasher unit, never had an issue with charging or any other electrical system so i don't think it's anything serious like the rectifier.

If anyone wants to come and have a gander/ride i'll meet them in Southampton/Portsmouth etc. wherever suits them.

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I was thinking it'd need tax + MOT and I'd have to boat it over to you to check it out, which all adds up. I'm gonna look into insurance tonight and do some maths. Might PM you tomorrow. Wink

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, she's all above board! The ferry for a bike is about £20 return, so not too bad *gag*. But that's my fault for living on an island.

Insurance should be cheap as chips unless you live in a really dodgy area (crosser effect Rolling Eyes ).

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 15:43 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
Front brake could maybe do with a rebuild, but thats being picky, stops fine but squeaks at low speed

it's a DR.. they all do that sir. (at least mine does too)

a

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Laughing to be quite honest i didn't know too much about them in particular when I bought it... I know how important frequent oil changes with quality oil are on a single though, so she has just had an oil and filter change with Fuchs 4t comp oil. I've just kept it clean (ish) and changed something whenever it needs changing.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1100 ono. If it is still here past friday i will no longer have insurance to ride it and anyone wanting to see it will have to come over on the ferry. I have an SV on the way and need to see the back of it, quick like Laughing

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 09 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's gone i'm afraid. One of my friends has had it off me. Cheers for the interest folks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 174 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1