Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

is anyone else going to snetterton *** Pics Added ****

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:41 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: is anyone else going to snetterton *** Pics Added **** Reply with quote

I am heading up there so was just wondering if anyone else was going ?

Last edited by Snake Eyes on 22:50 - 26 Oct 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:03 - 16 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, been registered here for a while but hang out on the Biker section of PHeads...

I (and three of my friends) will be attending Snetterton on the 21st - hope the weather holds out!

This will be my 3rd time on the track, will be in the beginners but think it's time I moved up to the next group as I was held up in the corners last time.

You been much before?

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:49 - 16 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, Ive only done one other trackday and that was at rockingham last year. so I too will be in the beginners, Ill be the one on the CBR that you lap about 5 times every session lol

what bike you riding ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 16 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know about lapping you 5 times!

I ride a K6 GSXR 1000, my mates will be riding 2006 R6 and 2006 GSXR 600... We'll all be in the beginners to start with... Look out for me, I have "LEISURE RULES" on the back of my leathers...

See you there!

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:10 - 16 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will kepp my eye out, but I really am that slow lol I was shocking at rockingham, but it was only two months after passing my test so hopefully a year and a half later I should be ok ish lol

You should be able to spot me Ill have a big black Merc sprinter, you cant really miss it

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 16 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Eyes wrote:
I will kepp my eye out, but I really am that slow lol I was shocking at rockingham, but it was only two months after passing my test so hopefully a year and a half later I should be ok ish lol

You should be able to spot me Ill have a big black Merc sprinter, you cant really miss it

Ah, it's just experience that makes you fast (or rather faster)... I passed my test in 1999 but sold my bike when my daughter arrived in 2000... Started riding again in April this year and have only recently managed to ride at a decent pace - it's odd but you could learn how to ride faster without even moving from the bike! What I mean is that quite a bit of my improvement is down to my positioning on the bike and learning to relax my arms / upper body whilst using my legs more - when you're tense in the arms, you end up countering your counter sterring and stuff like that Smile

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:09 - 18 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been watching the weather for the past couple of days and its gone through the whole spectrum from really crap to (at the moment) brilliant sunshine ? I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see you there? Did you end up going?

I crashed out on the second session Sad

Lost the rear end on the esses - think there was something on the track...

Rob.

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:23 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I did go, I did spot you as we were lining up to go on track but I was a few rows back, I also saw you after your crash on the side of the track, bad luck hope your bike is okay. I was the one on the red and white CBR that was holding everyone up (complete with yellow super man cape)

I got there a bit late so ended up right up towards the chicane so it was a fair old walk to the garages, hence why i didnt go down there much.

im just pleased the weather held up

Ill post my pics as soon as I get them on the computer

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there... there's enough damage to make my eyes water again... new side fairing, exhaust, rearsets, air intake... all adds up and I cannot afford to keep chucking money down the road (so to speak)... Would be good to see your pics - you should have said "hi" !

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:49 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch that sounds expensive. I would have said hello but whenever I saw you I was either sitting rows behind you waiting to go on or you were at the side of the track ;0)

as promissed here are the pics, most of them taken by the photographer but a couple from a friend on the side lines. still no where near my knee down but definatly on the edge of the tyre Thumbs Up

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics!

Don't like to give advice being that I was the one of the side of the track but you're too upright - your position on the bike is wrong if you want to go faster...

Depends on what you want tho - if you're happy at your current speed etc then great, it's all about fun at you're own level and my crash shows the risk when you turn up the speed....

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 11:04 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but getting faster slowly is the way forward.

A certain member of this forum crashed /twice/ at a Snetterton trackday by going out like a scalded cat.

Gaz

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:03 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trouble being 6' 5" is that not being upright is actually quite uncomfortable but I do know what you mean. and the advice is always helpfull no matter if you crashed or didnt .

Im just happy with being faster than I was at rockingham, which I think is going to be my first trackday of next year, maybe march april time.

my only worry is, looking at the pics and my tyre afterwards is that I am on the edge of the tyre ? so what happens if I lean more ? it may sound like a stupid question but I would have thought after that point I would start loosing grip ? or do I just need rounder (if that makes sense) tyres ? so that the tread goes further round ?

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

from teh photos you look to be nowhere near the edge of the tyres.

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
I hate to say it, but getting faster slowly is the way forward.

A certain member of this forum crashed /twice/ at a Snetterton trackday by going out like a scalded cat.

Gaz

Yeah, fair comment - I was confident and was going for it... paid the price (yet again!)... However, the way the rear lost it was odd - I do think something was on the track as they had covered a spill from a crash earlier... Who knows but the bike didn't feel near the limit when it low sided...

shot2bits
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Eyes wrote:
the trouble being 6' 5" is that not being upright is actually quite uncomfortable but I do know what you mean. and the advice is always helpfull no matter if you crashed or didnt .

Im just happy with being faster than I was at rockingham, which I think is going to be my first trackday of next year, maybe march april time.

my only worry is, looking at the pics and my tyre afterwards is that I am on the edge of the tyre ? so what happens if I lean more ? it may sound like a stupid question but I would have thought after that point I would start loosing grip ? or do I just need rounder (if that makes sense) tyres ? so that the tread goes further round ?

Depends on the tyre whether or not you'd be over too far but assuming it's a run of the mill bridgestone / dunlop etc, you've got loads to go...

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:44 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Eyes wrote:

You need to start hanging off the bike.

You'll start whacking metal bits into the tarmac long before you run out of tyre - pegs first. But when this starts happening you'll need to re-evaluate your riding position to be going faster for the same lean.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 178 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1