Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Well, they're on...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:44 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Well, they're on... Reply with quote

And they're fooking massive!

Yes, I'm now officially an 'old git' as I have luggage fitted to the Fazer in readiness for an early start on Thursday morning.

Fitted the brackets this evening, all fine (although, I had one of the race mechanics help me with the fitting, which helped, I'd have managed, but would have taken me an eternity) Only snag was that once you reposition the rear indicators the wires aren't long enough to reach back the connectors, so it was a snip and add a piece of wire to it.

Mate did a really nice job, and we then noticed once the racks were on that if we'd just taken them in they'd have been fine in their original placing... Trust me to follow the instructions to the letter... Rolling Eyes

Finally fitted the boxes to check they sat right when I got the bike home and christ they're bigger than I thought when on the bike! Laughing

Must remember not to filter in normal size gaps when I sail down the A1/M11/M25/M20 on Thursday morning! Razz

Pictures added to show you all (boring I know, but hey, I'm allowed to be now, I'm old! Razz !

My plan, as I'm on an ungodly early chunnel crossing (it was cheaper) is to head to Dunkirk first thing, have a nose around, then work my way down the coast, heading for Rouen on the first night, where I have accomodation booked. After that, I'm winging it each night, finding B&B/Hotel as I go. (Which might be a bad plan, but I'll find that out as I go! Laughing )

AP

pjb120
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice 1 - where you heading to?

I'm going to fit my givi rack + panniers onto my fazer at the weekend (they look about the same size as yours).

I also need to get my bike alarm fitted and take it to a garage for a full service before I head off on my travels next month. So much to do + so little time Smile

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually heading to Le Mans, I'm working at the race next week. But the trip down and back is kind of holiday, which is why I wanted the panniers fitting.

I've got a bag loads of stuff going in a car too (along with my laptop) as I didn't think I'd get everything into the panniers. But after packing some of them last night, I think I may have been able to.

Other than Le Mans its just a ride around, nowhere in particular. Although, I've got a hankering to go and look at the old Reims race track on the way back.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 329 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1